Harris Claims She Worked at McDonald's in College

I can't see young Donald or Ivanka ever working at Taco Bell or McDonalds.
donnie jr tried to escape his abusive father, and was briefly a bartender. he could not support himself in the way he wanted to, and returned to his father.

The sad part about that was it was after he graduated from school. he could not find a job with his education, except being the son of trump.

Important to remember that any patents at a national lab belong to the US Government. The salary is the only income you are getting.

Correct, nobody goes to work at a government national lab to get rich and wealthy.

The only trust fund babies we have had as presidents are the last three Republican presidents.

You think a research professor only works 8.5 months a year? Really?

You are getting closer to reality. After two decades of very hard work, and expanding human knowledge, a college professor can expect to be in the low six figures. That means that their children will work at McDonald's, and they are not the elite of the elite.
He gets paid well for his research, much done during his teaching.. Don't be a fool, Walt.

No Walt, it means their kids are all but guaranteed a nice home, a college education and they can do what, and work where, they want.
The parents will retire to a very nice home, with lots of land to build a playground for the grandchildren.

You Commies are desperate to paint Kam-Kam as something she never was.

She is a child of wealth and privilege.
Maybe on a global scale, but she is not considered wealthy in the USA. She had a middle class to upper middle class upbringing. Her parents were probably student poor before she was born.

One of the privileges she did have was that she was comfortable in academia. I realized as I grew older, that was a huge advantage. It was an advantage that trump never had, and it really shows.

What Harris did not have is enough wealth or privilege to not work at McDonald's. She did have enough of both not to have to work picking cotton.

He gets paid well for his research, much done during his teaching.
The mother was more the research scientist. She was under publish or perish pressures, so was working year round. In fact, she would be working more during the summer. Then when she switched to national lab, it was nonstop research.

No Walt, it means their kids are all but guaranteed a nice home, a college education and they can do what, and work where, they want.
The parents will retire to a very nice home, with lots of land to build a playground for the grandchildren.
Having an education makes all that easier, but does not make any of that guaranteed. Both my parents were professors, and I was never guaranteed any job I wanted. In fact, I worked as a bouncer year round while in school.

The mother was more the research scientist. She was under publish or perish pressures, so was working year round. In fact, she would be working more during the summer. Then when she switched to national lab, it was nonstop research.

Having an education makes all that easier, but does not make any of that guaranteed. Both my parents were professors, and I was never guaranteed any job I wanted. In fact, I worked as a bouncer year round while in school.
Anyway,

There are no guarantees in life Walt. I worked for a lawn contractor the 3 years I was in HS to buy a car.
Then you find something you're good at and do it, or go to college to learn it.

Anyway,

There are no guarantees in life Walt. I worked for a lawn contractor the 3 years I was in HS to buy a car.
If you have a huge trust fund, or a family business, there are a lot of guarantees in life. You can still mess it up, but it takes effort.

Harris did not have any of this. She had to work at McDonald's to get enough money to live in college.

Seems she’s being held to a slightly different standard. One the hand a candidate who is a convicted felon, sexual abuser, fraudster of college students, and more, and on the other a candidate who hasn’t furnished evidence she worked one summer at McDonald’s.

He gets paid well for his research, much done during his teaching.. Don't be a fool, Walt.

In other words, Mama Harris was comfortably middle class, not rich or wealthy. And not a trust fund baby, like the last 3 Republican presidents.

Although I thought I read about Mama Harris and her daughters living in an apartment, but I'd have to double-check.

I worked for a lawn contractor the 3 years I was in HS to buy a car.
Buying a car, even with your own money, is a conversation if you are the child of two professors, like Harris and me. I am not saying they will completely prevent it, but it has to be a cheap car, and even then it is only a maybe. They realize how expensive education is, and consider it important, so almost everything needs to go to that.

I was very good at something that was not going to involve college. It was a complete battle to get my parents to agree to it, and I had to promise to go to college at the same time. Education is very important to college professors, more important than money, or fame.

If she actually worked at a McDonalds, she would have to remember where it was she worked. Waiting...........It’s an obvious lie.

stop....LOL. Let me get this straight, the fact Harris lies about working at McDonalds, should disqualify her from running for office? The fact she's not black, the fact she's evolved and has changed her mind about certain things, should cause her to lose her bid for the white house and hand it over to Trump, who has never, not once ever told the truth about ANYTHING in his fuckin life, but instead, has blamed everybody but himself for his failings in life, this is the guy, we should all support...bc Harris may infact have lied about working at a gotdamn McDonalds??? Get the fuck outta here.​

stop....LOL. Let me get this straight, the fact Harris lies about working at McDonalds, should disqualify her from running for office? The fact she's not black, the fact she's evolved and has changed her mind about certain things, should cause her to lose her bid for the white house and hand it over to Trump, who has never, not once ever told the truth about ANYTHING in his fuckin life, but instead, has blamed everybody but himself for his failings in life, this is the guy, we should all support...bc Harris may infact have lied about working at a gotdamn McDonalds??? Get the fuck outta here.​

Did she? Or didn't she?

Back