Has anyone else seen the Couric - Palin interview?

Jarod

Contributor
I saw more tonight, I could have done MUCH better. THat woman is pittafull!

Hell, my 2.5 year old could have done better, and we dont even live just across the border from Alaska...!

I actually felt a little bad for her. She wasn't ready for this, and she knew it (see her "blink" answer with Charlie Gibson).

McCain should have never put her in this position. To me, that is a much bigger issue.

I actually felt a little bad for her. She wasn't ready for this, and she knew it (see her "blink" answer with Charlie Gibson).

McCain should have never put her in this position. To me, that is a much bigger issue.

Yeah, I blame McCain for putting this country at risk, with a rash, ill-conceived, and rushed decision to make a silly pander for women voters. They really must think women are stupid. Palin might know about municipal politics, and local alaska issues. But she is so far out of her element on the national stage, I'm frankly shocked at how bad this is.

On the other hand, she freely chose to go along with this. She's a big girl. And she chose to get up on that stage at the RNC and mock and ridicule Obama's experience as a community organizer, and dismiss his candidacy as some sort of spiritual journey for a starry eyed naive young man.

Those are the words that left her lips. Absolute mockery and dismissiveness about Obama's experience and capabilities.

Who looks the the fool now? Fuck her. She knew what she was getting into.

And yeah, your right: the Old Man put pure pandering over and above good judgment and careful deliberation.

Yeah, I blame McCain for putting this country at risk, with a rash, ill-conceived, and rushed decision to make a silly pander for women voters. They really must think women are stupid. Palin might know about municipal politics, and local alaska issues. But she is so far out of her element on the national stage, I'm frankly shocked at how bad this is.

On the other hand, she freely chose to go along with this. She's a big girl. And she chose to get up on that stage at the RNC and mock and ridicule Obama's experience as a community organizer, and dismiss his candidacy as some sort of spiritual journey for a starry eyed naive young man.

Those are the words that left her lips. Absolute mockery and dismissiveness about Obama's experience and capabilities.

Who looks the the fool now? Fuck her. She knew what she was getting into.

And yeah, your right: the Old Man put pure pandering over and above good judgment and careful deliberation.

Do they think women are stupid...or do they know that men are?

Who are her biggest fans? How did someone this dumb (and I'm not happy to discover she's actually dumb) become Governor of ANY state?

Wow, I am absolutely astonished! Not a single one of you pinheads think she is smart, or gives a good interview! We all figured you would see her with Katie, and just fall in love with her, and it's puzzling why you haven't. I know John McCain was counting on this, which is why he picked her. I guess she was just so terrible that you can't single out one specific thing about her interview to illustrate your point. Oh well, we're stuck with her now, I guess we'll have to make the best of it. Maybe she stands a chance in hell in a debate with an idiot who thinks FDR went on TV in 1929? Ya think???

I saw more tonight, I could have done MUCH better. THat woman is pittafull!
I agree. I could have answered some of those questions better. Hell the Israel question was a softball and she just rambled on not making much sense talking to Katie like she was a 3rd grader about good guys and bad guys. Katie has an amazed look on her face.

I would have said on the Israeli question. "Israel is our most important allie and the middle east and I would not second guess them on their right to defend their nation unless it conflicts with US national interest."

See how simple that was?

Of course it's not saying anything cause that's also I would similarly respond if asked that question about Great Britain, The Philippines, Japan or any other or our allies but that's what politicians are supposed to do! LOL

I kinda agree. They've hid her for about 3 weeks since the Gibson interview which has probably rattled her confidence but what the hell, she's his running mate. She's supposed to be prepared for these interviews and she was obviously not prepared. which brings up a question.

How the hell do you get rattled by Katie Courick? Fuck these were softball questions really.

Who are her biggest fans? How did someone this dumb (and I'm not happy to discover she's actually dumb) become Governor of ANY state?

Actually men are smarter then women and I can prove it.

Women evolved to be curvey, sexual, sweet and nurturing so that men can love them.

Women evolved to be dumb so that they can love men. ;-) (JK)

Last edited:
Wow, I am absolutely astonished! Not a single one of you pinheads think she is smart, or gives a good interview! We all figured you would see her with Katie, and just fall in love with her, and it's puzzling why you haven't. I know John McCain was counting on this, which is why he picked her. I guess she was just so terrible that you can't single out one specific thing about her interview to illustrate your point. Oh well, we're stuck with her now, I guess we'll have to make the best of it. Maybe she stands a chance in hell in a debate with an idiot who thinks FDR went on TV in 1929? Ya think???

You must not have seen her interview because she was by any measure, unprepared. Biden certainly has had his case of foot n mouth disease lately but Palin sure is reminding a whole hell of a lot of people of Dan Quayle. She'd better get her act together is she doesn't want to be embarrassed in front of a national audience. That's assuming they will debate.

I'll predict that Dixie will say she did a fantastic job and that Courick was unfair in her interview and response and that your being a sexist partisan or something to that effect.

I already made my comment. It's lost in the endless barrage of posts you made, one after the other. Are you mentally retarded or what? It seems you have a problem 'assimilating' your thoughts. Time and time again, I see you respond to threads with these snippets of comments that could all be easily combined in one post, but apparently, you are too mentally challenged to do that. Are you like Rainman or something? Is that it? Can't collect all your thoughts at once and post like a normal person?

You must not have seen her interview because she was by any measure, unprepared.

I did see the interview, and thought it was pretty good considering the pinhead who interviewed her, and the typical 'smear' tactic questioning conservatives always get from liberals. At least she had the guts to do an interview with Katie... when is Obama going to do an interview with Rush or Sean? Better yet, when is Biden going to explain to a right-wing interviewer, how FDR was on TV during the midst of the Great Depression? Apparently you people are so profoundly retarded, you just don't recognize the affliction amongst your own kind, or something. If I were you guys, I wouldn't have the audacity to even question Palin's intellect, after how Biden has performed thus far. Talk about a complete imbecile! He makes Palin look like Albert Einstein.

Obama went on with Bill O'Reilly, who gave a much tougher interview that - what did you call it? - Katie's "smear tactic" interview. Comparing Couric to Rush & Hannity is stupid.

You tell me. Does this sound like someone who should be a heartbeat away?

"COURIC: You've cited Alaska's proximity to Russia as part of your foreign policy experience. What did you mean by that?

PALIN: That Alaska has a very narrow maritime border between a foreign country, Russia, and on our other side, the land-- boundary that we have with-- Canada. It-- it's funny that a comment like that was-- kind of made to-- cari-- I don't know, you know? Reporters--

COURIC: Mock?

PALIN: Yeah, mocked, I guess that's the word, yeah.

COURIC: Explain to me why that enhances your foreign policy credentials.

PALIN: Well, it certainly does because our-- our next door neighbors are foreign countries. They're in the state that I am the executive of. And there in Russia--

COURIC: Have you ever been involved with any negotiations, for example, with the Russians?

PALIN: We have trade missions back and forth. We-- we do-- it's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where-- where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is-- from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to-- to our state. "

That's a damn good point.

Her biggest fans seem to be rightwing, mostly evangelical christian, males.

All that bullshit about Sara-cuda, and the "hot babe" narrative seems to appeal to a primal, testesterone-heavy crowd. Maybe this pick was all about firming up Christian knuckle dragging, and mostly male base.

I assumed it was a silly pitch for the female vote, but it seems to be playing better with rightwing men.

That seems like a weird strategy though. What made Rove/McCain think they had to firm up the rightwing base? I could have told them that, no matter what, Damocles, Superfreak, and Dixie are all going to show up to the polls and vote for him, even if they've had reservations about him in the past. I would think they would want to expand into indepedent, and women voters

That's a damn good point.

Her biggest fans seem to be rightwing, mostly evangelical christian, males.

All that bullshit about Sara-cuda, and the "hot babe" narrative seems to appeal to a primal, testesterone-heavy crowd. Maybe this pick was all about firming up Christian knuckle dragging, and mostly male base.

I assumed it was a silly pitch for the female vote, but it seems to be playing better with rightwing men.

That seems like a weird strategy though. What made Rove/McCain think they had to firm up the rightwing base? I could have told them that, no matter what, Damocles, Superfreak, and Dixie are all going to show up to the polls and vote for him, even if they've had reservations about him in the past. I would think they would want to expand into indepedent, and women voters

If she only appealed to right wing men, she wouldn't have gotten to the level of governer. I know she's got the religious right, both male and female.

No, I mean a wider array of the male species than just right wing ones.

Obama went on with Bill O'Reilly, who gave a much tougher interview that - what did you call it? - Katie's "smear tactic" interview. Comparing Couric to Rush & Hannity is stupid.

You tell me. Does this sound like someone who should be a heartbeat away?

"COURIC: You've cited Alaska's proximity to Russia as part of your foreign policy experience. What did you mean by that?

PALIN: That Alaska has a very narrow maritime border between a foreign country, Russia, and on our other side, the land-- boundary that we have with-- Canada. It-- it's funny that a comment like that was-- kind of made to-- cari-- I don't know, you know? Reporters--

COURIC: Mock?

PALIN: Yeah, mocked, I guess that's the word, yeah.

COURIC: Explain to me why that enhances your foreign policy credentials.

PALIN: Well, it certainly does because our-- our next door neighbors are foreign countries. They're in the state that I am the executive of. And there in Russia--

COURIC: Have you ever been involved with any negotiations, for example, with the Russians?

PALIN: We have trade missions back and forth. We-- we do-- it's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where-- where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is-- from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to-- to our state. "

OMFG.

I honestly don't think she's dumb or weak. She probably knows a shitload about the alaskan pipeline, and municipal issues in alaska. In fact, she seems so informed on the municipal level, that her policy wonkery extended into banning library books, and police rape kits.

But on national issues, we are so totally beyond Admiral Stockdale and Dan Quayle here.

Back