Heaven & Hell (Open to Everyone)

Nice backtracking.

As a militant atheist, you claimed it was scientifically proven there was zero possibility of any transcendent reality.

As an agnostic, I see that as a claim of omniscience. I think there is knowledge that our souped up chimpanzee brains can never acquire. And we might not even comprehend the answers even if someone told us. Our language might not even have the words to describe a higher transcendant reality.

And while you claim certainty and omniscience, I leave open the possibility that human brains and our limited cognition might not have access to certain kinds of higher truths, some of which might be an underlying organizing principle of the universe.

But I also can't rule out the militant atheist position that the universe and everything in it just happened for no reason at all.

This exchange of yours with Mr. Foreskin there makes me think of Spock debating with a hormonal human teenager with rabies. lol

I don't have an explanation, that's part of what makes me agnostic.

God, Brahman, Li, The Dao are just avatars for the mystery of the infinite. Unlike those that atheists who claim certainty or omniscience, I think there is a vast amount of knowledge humans can never acquire or know because our chimpanzee brains aren't capable of knowing, and our methods of scientific induction are to limited.Wor

Out of all the silly myths and tales found in world religions, one really good insight they had is that there may be higher truth, a meaning to the cosmos that is unfathomable to humans and completely beyond our tools of science to grasp.

Worshipping mystery is always the wrong path.

Worshipping mystery is always the wrong path.
Worshipping seems like a loaded word, pregnant with context particular to the western and Christian tradition.

My perspective is global in religion, philosophy, and history.

Showing reverence and humility in the face of the mysteries of the infinity doesn't seem that lame to me.

I think even Einstein was humbled and reverent towards the nature of the cosmos.

Worshipping seems like a loaded word, pregnant with context particular to the western and Christian tradition.

My perspective is global in religion, philosophy, and history.

Showing reverence and humility in the face of the mysteries of the infinity doesn't seem that lame to me.

I think even Einstein was humbled and reverent towards the nature of the cosmos.

I don't give a shit about Einstein.

You're wrong, as usual, Into.

Agnosticism is the belief that the question of God's existence is unknown and likely cannot be answered.

Nope. It presupposes a god or gods of some kind, but their form and character cannot be described.
You are looking for the word 'atheism'. Atheism is no theism. It is not a religion. It does not care whether a god or gods exist or not.

Again, you are attempting to redefine words.

Nope. It presupposes a god or gods of some kind, but their form and character cannot be described.
You are looking for the word 'atheism'. Atheism is no theism. It is not a religion. It does not care whether a god or gods exist or not.

Again, you are attempt to redefine words.

Go read Huxley. Learn the topic first.

This exchange of yours with Mr. Foreskin there makes me think of Spock debating with a hormonal human teenager with rabies. lol
LOL Perry needs a real Spock or logical male to give him a "Vulcan mind meld". He really likes the guys. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

OTOH, I think he should just visit a surgeon and let him cut off the problem. :thup:

Back