hey cowgirl lets discuss elections

Voting is a right under the constitution.
None of the other things you mentioned are rights.

Well yes but I didn't think I was saying otherwise. So for example if I wanted to vote for president in my hometown near Austin and I go to vote and they don't ask me for my ID and I just walk in and vote, what would stop me from doing it again at another voting place? I would just think that verifying your identity when it comes to voting for the people that will basically be running things would be a common sense thing to do. We all have ID's.

First off it doesn't happen.
Second, you would take the voting priviledge from millions of people to prevent one case of theorectical fraud?
Go find a single case of voter fraud and we can discuss it further.

Im sorry but how am I taking away voting privileges? I'm getting confused.

He has been very kind to me and I appreciate that. I hope i've been equally kind to him. I guess for me i'm just looking for a good example as to how a photo ID would disenfranchise someone. If they match the photo and their home address matches with where they are registered then skin color shouldn't matter I wouldn't think.

Desh / Evince is a female and the mistake is understandable.
While I applaud your efforts; Desh, Rune, and Legion Troll will make it appear as if they are being polite and actually debating, in truth they are only waiting until they can mock, deride, and attempt to denigrate you for your beliefs.

Just wait and eventually you'll see the proof of my comment.

There are a lot of people who have no I.D. and no means to aquire one.

Evince is a woman.

I apologize i'm new here and I didn't know that evince was a woman, that's my fault. If someone doesn't have the means to acquire an ID shouldn't there be or couldn't there be easy ways to get one? If it's a question of money then maybe the state or county could put tax dollars towards providing free ID's or something like that.

Well yes but I didn't think I was saying otherwise. So for example if I wanted to vote for president in my hometown near Austin and I go to vote and they don't ask me for my ID and I just walk in and vote, what would stop me from doing it again at another voting place? I would just think that verifying your identity when it comes to voting for the people that will basically be running things would be a common sense thing to do. We all have ID's.

You admitted you have never voted before right?
This whole conversation could be avoided by waiting until you see how it works but since you are being reasonable I will indulge you.
You register and prove you are a citizen and provide an address.
That address can only vote from one precinct in your town There is only one ballot printed for you.
Before they hand you a ballot they check and check mark your name off the list of people who live in your precinct.
You can only vote in your own precinct and you can only vote once. No ifs ands or buts. The system isn't run by little children.

You admitted you have never voted before right?
This whole conversation could be avoided by waiting until you see how it works but since you are being reasonable I will indulge you.
You register and prove you are a citizen and provide an address.
That address can only vote from one precinct in your town There is only one ballot printed for you.
Before they hand you a ballot they check and check mark your name off the list of people who live in your precinct.
You can only vote in your own precinct and you can only vote once. No ifs ands or buts. The system isn't run by little children.

I guess I will have to wait until March to see first hand, but you said that they mark your name off a list, how do they know that you are that person? Does that mean that you could go vote for me if you know my name and address?

I apologize i'm new here and I didn't know that evince was a woman, that's my fault. If someone doesn't have the means to acquire an ID shouldn't there be or couldn't there be easy ways to get one? If it's a question of money then maybe the state or county could put tax dollars towards providing free ID's or something like that.

So you think we should waste tax money to fix a problem that doesn't exist?

How about you prove there is an actual problem first?
May I commend your attention to Google?
Surely if there is voter fraud going on it will show up on google right?
Or might I suggest that you have fallen for an urban myth.
There is no voter fraud on a voter level.

So you think we should waste tax money to fix a problem that doesn't exist?

How about you prove there is an actual problem first?
May I commend your attention to Google?
Surely if there is voter fraud going on it will show up on google right?
Or might I suggest that you have fallen for an urban myth.
There is no voter fraud on a voter level.

It was just a thought. I'm just trying to make good conversation and understand the process.

I guess I will have to wait until March to see first hand, but you said that they mark your name off a list, how do they know that you are that person? Does that mean that you could go vote for me if you know my name and address?

See other post but simplest answer is who would risk 5 years in jail and a $10,000 fine to take one person's vote?
By the way, if you think you get to vote for the leader of the free world you may want to read about the Electoral College.
That is a system that actually needs to be fixed.

Desh / Evince is a female and the mistake is understandable.
While I applaud your efforts; Desh, Rune, and Legion Troll will make it appear as if they are being polite and actually debating, in truth they are only waiting until they can mock, deride, and attempt to denigrate you for your beliefs.

Just wait and eventually you'll see the proof of my comment.

Liar

first you have to know what you need to protect the election from

FACTS need to be looked at so you don't spend and waste money that merely does more damage than fixing.

there is in FACT not a problem in this country with voters cheating the system.

the election cheating does NOT come from voters.

It comes from the parties

EVINCE is right for a change....

[h=3]Woman Convicted of Voter Fraud Honored by Ohio Democrats[/h]www.breitbart.com/.../woman-convicted-of-voter-fraud-honore...

Breitbart

Mar 21, 2014 - At an event that was all about voting law, Ohio Democrats invited a person guilty of multiple counts of voter fraud to speak – to “welcome her ...

[h=3]DEMOCRATS Arrested and/or Convicted of Voter Fraud[/h]www.virginiavotersalliance.com/democrats-arrested-and-or-convicted-of...

Apr 3, 2012 - Four MORE Democrats arrested for Voter Fraud in Indiana. Prosecutors in South Bend, Ind., filed charges Monday against four St. Joseph ...

[h=3]DEMOCRATS Arrested and/or Convicted of Voter Fraud ...[/h]https://eastaustinvoice.wordpress.com/.../democrats-arrested-andor-convi...

Jan 20, 2012 - 8 Arrested for Absentee Voter Fraud in Madison County, Florida. ... Tina Johnson was arrested on 10 counts of fraud in connection with casting a vote, and two counts of absentee ballots and voting violations. ... 7 Democrats Arrested in New York for actual Voter Fraud via Absentee Ballots.

[h=3]News Stories | Election Integrity Watch[/h]www.electionintegritywatch.com/be-informed/news-stories/

02.10.2014 – Pro-Pot Petitioner Convicted for Voter Fraud in Michigan ... 02.14.2013 – Plea Deal in Indiana Democrat Political Operative Voter Fraud Case.

[h=3]'Black Lady At Bus Stop' -- NY Dem Arrested For Fraudulent ...[/h]dailycaller.com/.../black-lady-at-bus-stop-ny-democrat-a...

The Daily Caller

Oct 1, 2015 - ... At Bus Stop' — NY Democrat Arrested For Submitting Fraudulent Petitions ... Following the arrest, further allegations of a stolen election have ...

[h=3]Democratic State Senator Sentenced for Perjury, Voter Fraud[/h]freebeacon.com/.../democratic-state-senator...

The Washington Free Beacon

Sep 14, 2014 - Democratic state senator Roderick Wright was convicted Friday on eight felony counts including perjury and voter fraud and was sentenced to ...

[h=3]Vote Fraud News - Republican National Lawyers ...[/h]https://www.rnla.org/votefraud....

Republican National Lawyers Association

Jail for Community Organizer for Election Fraud Election Law Center, December 16, 2014. 12/15/14: Another Democrat Exposes Same Day Registration Fraud

[h=3]Indiana Dem official sentenced to prison for '08 ballot fraud ...[/h]www.foxnews.com/.../indiana-dem-official-sentenced-...

Fox News Channel

Jun 17, 2013 - Only one received prison time for the illegal scheme that touched the ... 4 Indiana Dems charged with election fraud in 2008 presidential race.

[h=3]Democrat bloodies reporter over voter-fraud questions[/h]www.wnd.com/.../democrat-bloodies-reporter-over-voter...

WorldNetDaily

Oct 6, 2015 - Democrat bloodies reporter over voter-fraud questions. 80-year-old taken to jail, charged with 3rd-degree assault. Published: 10/06/2015 at ...

[h=3]Bridgeport State Rep. Christina Ayala arrested on 19 voting[/h]

What they don't understand or will admit, is the following:

If I use my brother-in-laws voter ID card, with his permission, who might be assigned a voting place different then mine; how are they to know that it isn't him.

Voter fraud is a non issue

Out of the 197 million votes cast for federal candidates between 2002 and 2005, only 40 voters were indicted for voter fraud. Only 26 of those cases, or about .00000013 percent of the votes cast, resulted in convictions or guilty pleas.

http://voterfraudfacts.com/

Back