hey cowgirl lets discuss elections

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9OKSP800.htm

Wis. DMV says closure decisions aren't final

MADISON, Wis.

Gov. Scott Walker's administration is working on finalizing a plan to close as many as 10 offices where people can obtain driver's licenses in order to expand hours elsewhere and come into compliance with new requirements that voters show photo IDs at the polls.

One Democratic lawmaker said Friday it appeared the decisions were based on politics, with the department targeting offices for closure in Democratic areas and expanding hours for those in Republican districts.

I just looked at the Texas department of public safety website and it said that new Texas residents can go to any DMV to get a state issued ID and if you are a resident already and your card is expired you can renew online, in the mail, in person, or by phone. So even if one DMV is closed they can go to any other one if they just moved to Texas or if they are already a resident they don't even have to leave their house to get a renewed ID.

oh gosh, don't give her facts that prove her wrong......she hates it when you do that.........

It is evidence of the republican party cheating in elections.

Actually, NO, ITS NOT.....

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court has refused to lift a 30-year consent decree that bars the Republican National Committee from targeting racial and ethnic minorities in its efforts to end fraudulent voting.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jan/14/news/la-pn-supreme-court-rnc-voter-fraud-20130114

So exactly what does the consent decree do ?....it bars the RNC from investigating election fraud in racially sensitive areas....

.....It certainly DOES NOT have anything to do with accusing the Republicans of voter fraud....they are just prevented from trying to end fraudulent voting......

Have a grown-up explain it to you

from cowgirl

I was wondering what your ideas would be for reducing any cheating, intimidation or fraud that happens with elections. For example when people vote twice or when someone feels pressured or when ballots are "lost", things like that. Disclaimer, I will be voting in my first elections next year for the primary and the main election and so I cant share any personal examples or give first hand experience but here are some things that I think could help.

1. Making ID's mandatory and matching that ID with your address that the state has on file.
2. Make voting machines identical across the country so that there arent areas that have confusion. So test a variety of machines and use the one that performed the best
3. It would be great if you could vote online but I think hackers could easily manipulate that, but it would still be cool to consider.

What do you think?

We need to make it harder to vote. Simple things have reduced the loser element's participation in elections, but too many of you are still voting. As a start, let's make people get a passport to vote. We should also make voters recite the Pledge of Allegiance. Backwards. And let's also charge $20. I realize poll taxes are against the Constitution, so let's call it an income tax. That way we get it past Roberts

We need to make it harder to vote. Simple things have reduced the loser element's participation in elections, but too many of you are still voting. As a start, let's make people get a passport to vote. We should also make voters recite the Pledge of Allegiance. Backwards. And let's also charge $20. I realize poll taxes are against the Constitution, so let's call it an income tax. That way we get it past Roberts
You are no libertarian if you wish to make it harder for people to vote, that's a big government stance.

You are no libertarian if you wish to make it harder for people to vote, that's a big government stance.

So your true Scotsman fallacy aside, seriously, you didn't get that I'm fucking with her? W-O-W...

What would it take? If I advocated machine gunning poor neighborhoods would you have gotten it? Probably not, huh?

As to your point though, actually, a libertarian would generally think that the people paying for government should have more say in it than those who don't pay for it. There is a serious discussion to have on that. But wow, that you don't get TruthMatters needs to be fucked with, that's just classic

So your true Scotsman fallacy aside, seriously, you didn't get that I'm fucking with her? W-O-W...

What would it take? If I advocated machine gunning poor neighborhoods would you have gotten it? Probably not, huh?

As to your point though, actually, a libertarian would generally think that the people paying for government should have more say in it than those who don't pay for it. There is a serious discussion to have on that. But wow, that you don't get TruthMatters needs to be fucked with, that's just classic

You are new, and you are all over the board in you political positions, so it is hard to read sarcasm unless you are familiar with a person.

ps: it's "no true Scotchman"

You are new, and you are all over the board in you political positions, so it is hard to read sarcasm unless you are familiar with a person.

It's more TruthMatters and the subject matter that would have given a critical mind a clue. And "all over the board in you political positions." Too funny. Still can't think in any way other than right/left. Sad, but it is funny

ps: it's "no true Scotchman"

"You are no libertarian if you wish to make it harder for people to vote, that's a big government stance."

What you said didn't even make sense. A libertarian would want people to be free to vote themselves money? In fact it's big government to not help people vote for big government? That's just stupid. You forced the point you wanted to make into a completely contrived argument. This is textbook true scotsman. I actually don't know any libertarians who think the United States is or should be a democracy. That's just tyranny of the majority

It's more TruthMatters and the subject matter that would have given a critical mind a clue. And "all over the board in you political positions." Too funny. Still can't think in any way other than right/left. Sad, but it is funny

"You are no libertarian if you wish to make it harder for people to vote, that's a big government stance."

What you said didn't even make sense. A libertarian would want people to be free to vote themselves money? In fact it's big government to not help people vote for big government? That's just stupid. You forced the point you wanted to make into a completely contrived argument. This is textbook true scotsman. I actually don't know any libertarians who think the United States is or should be a democracy. That's just tyranny of the majority

Gracious, another case of your having a really goofy misconception of what I said.

You were very clear. I'm consistently anti-government

The argument from fallacy is "no true Scotchman" not "true Scotchman" that was what I was clarifying for you. I was judge once for a very important debate.

The argument from fallacy is "no true Scotchman" not "true Scotchman" that was what I was clarifying for you. I was judge once for a very important debate.

no shit. What a contribution to the discussion, pointing out the butt obvious. And wow, what a disaster that debate must have turned out to be

No, it is your reply which is contrived and only a fool blames the the audiance for his own unclear communication.
You sir are a blowhard and a jackass.

Back