Hey Rob... How does it look under the Democrat Bus?

Why do you say this has to do with his sexual orientation?

Because that is the only thing revealed in the emails that Republicans could have been aware of before the instant messages became public. It's on this basis, Democrats think Republicans should have acted sooner.

I have read every single email that has been made public, and not a one of them contains anything other than the suggestion Foley might be gay. He is cordial, he is friendly, he makes comments that lead you to believe he is a homosexual male, but doesn't indicate any sort of sick perversions. Democrats insist that these emails should have been a "red flag" for Republican leaders, and my argument is simple, being gay is not a crime! Being gay is not a "red flag" that someone is a pedophile!

When the more intimate and condemning instant messages emerged, the Republican leadership acted swiftly to secure Foley's resignation and launched a full investigation, complete with a toll-free number for former pages to call and lodge complaints! All Democrats can do, is continue to insist that the emails, which only inferred Foley was gay, should have been enough for the leaders to act sooner. Hello? Being gay is not a reason to be kicked out of Congress, sorry! Being gay is not a "red flag" that someone is a pervert, sorry!

What Foley did was wrong, because he was a U.S. Representative, engaging in personal and intimate relations with a subordinate. It's wrong for the exact same reason Clinton was wrong with Monica! As soon as the information became public knowledge, we didn't have to endure Foley wagging his finger in our faces, insisting that he had done nothing wrong, we didn't have to go through 2 years of special prosecutor investigation to get to the bottom of it, Foley didn't perjure himself before a grand jury instead of telling the truth, and not a soul insisted this was his private sex life and none of our business! No, the first thing that happened is, Foley resigned from his seat, and then the Speaker of the House ordered a full investigation.

Republicans will essentially forfeit a sure Republican seat, where the people in Foley's district will be punished by being misrepresented by a Democrat now, because Democrats withheld this information until it was too late to remove Foley from the ballots. Yet, we don't hear a peep out of those who were so incensed by potentially disenfranchised voters the past two elections, not a fucking peep!

I don't know any gay people fond of children. I only know like 2 outted gay people though.

Maybe you only know pedophiles?

Well I can't speak for democrats. I can only speak for myself. Those emails were creepy. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice that. It may take someone a little smarter than you though.

You seriously didn't think those were creepy?

In retrospect, knowing what I now know, yes the emails seem a little creepy and obvious. Had I not known about the IM's, or Foley's personal activities with these young men, I would have to conclude that Foley was possibly a gay man, and that is about all I could conclude from the emails. It certainly doesn't warrant a full investigation or banishment from Congress!

This is the point you seem to be missing, you can't just kick an elected representative out of Congress because you think he's gay, or "creepy." In order to unseat an elected representative, you really do need something tangible, the IM's provided that, and Foley is gone! You seem to want to go back and pretend we knew this all along, and the emails should have been some kind of "red flag" to Republican leaders, and this is ludicrous, the man was gay... that doesn't mean he was a sicko! Can you even imagine the uproar from the Gay Rights community, had Hastert booted Foley for sending overly-friendly emails to young men, and nothing more? Get real!

I don't know any gay people fond of children. I only know like 2 outted gay people though.

Maybe you only know pedophiles?

Let's be clear, the pages Foley was involved with, were not 6 year old boys. We aren't talking about typical pedophilia, and you know that, if you have an honest bone in your pathetic body. I know you live a sheltered life, but take it from me, most older gay men like younger gay men, it's fairly common.

Well then they are all pedophiles. I don't live in your stupid liberal PC world Dixie. I can say it.

Only thing I know is that if some old man sent my son or daughter emails like that I'd stab his face off.

once again Dixie, YOu said I was "gay Bashing" when it is YOU THAT IS gay bashing and trying to make it out as though ALL GAY MEN are EXACTLY LIKE FOLEY....with a "longing" for little boys, or minors near 40 years younger...

When THIS IS CLEARLY NOT THE CASE WITH MOST GAY Men....MOST Gay men have relationships with gay MEN, not with MINOR BOYS....

Just like MOST of the congressmen that have affairs with females or pursue females on Capital hill are doing such with ADULTS, not high school kids...

Yes, the emails were very creepy as BF said and they should have been JUST ONE OF THE THINGS that set off the red flag....that something was very amiss with this man and ...that he could be a SEXUAL predator of the young pages in their custody...YOUR LEADERSHIP SHOULD HAVE done something further than a slap on the hand....like... just asking a few questions of the pages to see if they had anything to say about foley.

Before the leadership read the most recent emails, they read some disconcerting emails from foley to pages a few years earlier too, and they also had the situation where Foley showed up at the page boys dorm drunk as a skunk, where capital police stopped him (THANK GOD) and also notified YOUR leadership, and in addition to this there were several IN YOUR PARTY that also were worried about FOLEY'S predatory behavior, and REPORTED SUCH TO THE sPEAKER....and still...with nothing done to protect the kids.

His emails were not normal Dixie, they were not just "friendly" emails as you say....

And him being gay has nothing to do with it.... other than the fact it was minors of the male sex that he was after verses minors of the female sex.....

and NAME SOME NAMES on who from the Democratic Party Leadership held this info back, because you are LYING THROUGH YOUR TEETH ON THIS AND HAVE ABSOLUTELY no proof of such, it is JUST THE TYPICAL rhetoric of the republicans...NEVER TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS AND MISTAKES and aways trying to pin it on a liberal CRAP...put up or shut up Dixie

your party leaders are scum.....just plain ole pond scum....face up to it....

care

Last edited:
Care, I will ask you one more time, and then I am going to lose my patience with you... what exactly did you read in the emails, that indicated Foley was a pervert? Please... just cut and paste it here, so I can see what it was that you are in such a tissy about! The emails I read, indicate perfectly "normal" homosexual sentiments, nothing perverted or indicative of pedophilia, just routine gay appreciation for young male physical attributes!

For the life of me, I don't see anything other than the man's gayness, as grounds for anyone in the Republican party to question anything or investigate further! If you could just please indicate what it was, that you think should have been a warning or red flag, maybe I can understand where you are coming from, as it stands, it sounds to me like, you think Republicans should have known he was a pervert because he was gay.

For Blackflag, or any of the rest of you idiot pinheads, please tell me, what did you read in the emails that would have caused you to launch a full investigation into this guy, if you were Speaker? Again, just cut and paste it here, so I can see for myself, what juicy little tid-bit you would have used to oust a six-term, legitimately elected representative. Unless I've missed something or overlooked some detail, all I see is stuff that would have caused the Democrats to go ballistic, had Hastert booted Foley. They would have immediately claimed that Hastert just wanted to get rid of the queer before the elections, or some such shit, and they would have had a point, if all Hastert had to go on was the harmless emails!

I can't find the email transcripts anymore. Everything links to the IMs where he is talking about his 71/2 inch cock.

Link me them if u have them and I'll post the parts where any normal thinking human, especially a good parent, would find creepy, sick, and twisted.

Let's be clear, the pages Foley was involved with, were not 6 year old boys. We aren't talking about typical pedophilia, and you know that, if you have an honest bone in your pathetic body. I know you live a sheltered life, but take it from me, most older gay men like younger gay men, it's fairly common.

Yes. Unlike older hetero men.

Who are well-known for chasing older women.

I can't find the email transcripts anymore. Everything links to the IMs where he is talking about his 71/2 inch cock.

Link me them if u have them and I'll post the parts where any normal thinking human, especially a good parent, would find creepy, sick, and twisted.

Blackflag, you can't throw someone out of Congress because they are gay and you think what they said was "creepy, sick, and twisted" as a parent. If Foley did something or said something unethical or inappropriate, that is one thing, if he just said stuff that make you uncomfortable now that you know the whole story, that's another thing. You simply can't throw someone out of Congress based on what you think sounds creepy! You can't use the fact that he is gay, and acting like a typical gay man would act, as a basis on which to over-ride the will of the people who elected him! If this were the case, Barney Frank would have been gone a long time ago! Is it not "creepy" that his live-in boyfriend was running a gay brothel out of his home?

Okay, let's say that Hastert knew the emails were overly-friendly toward the pages, but nothing of a sexual nature was discussed, no propositions made, etc... they are just very curiously friendly or "creepy" emails... Let's say, for the sake of argument, that he reacted to this by launching a full-scale investigation, and requesting Foley resign his seat... the action that Pinheads say he should have taken, given the emails in question...

Monday 12:00PM- Hastert calls a press conference to announce this, and disclose the emails to the media and public.

Monday 1:00PM- Democrat leader Harry Reid holds a press conference... Does his typical spin job, and accuses Hastert of targeting gays within the party, being the homophobes Republicans are... blah blah blah

Tuesday 7:00AM- Every major news outlet leads the news with "Hastert Outs Gay Congressman!" And the spin machine rails all day long, about how Hastert and the Republicans feared reprisal from the Bible Belt, and thus... had to "get rid" of the problem...

Wednesday 2:00PM- Oprah interviews Foley, the poor innocent victim of the mean old bigoted Republican Hastert, who is launching this investigation into his personal life and destroying him because he is a gay man.

Thursday 3:00PM- Chris Matthews interviews the usual host of pinhead liberals, who take turns bashing prejudice and bigoted homophobic Republicans. Matthews makes certain to point out, the emails contain no salacious or unethical language.

Friday 10:00 AM- Nancy Pelosi calls for an investigation into why Hastert ousted a six-term Congressman based on his personal discrimination and bigotry toward gay people.

Sunday 10:00 AM- Tim Russert interviews Bill Clinton, who tells him this is just the typical Republican paranoia playing out, that he knew Foley for years, there was nothing unethical going on, and other than Foley being gay, there was nothing for Hastert to have based this on.

Do you get the picture, moron?

Regarding Dixie's signature quote, I kind of wish that Dixie would explain where, in international law, the US is given rights as a sovereign nation that are reserved solely to us and not shared by every other sovereign nation.

That sort of smacks of Orwellian "Animal Farm" nonsense. "All animals (sovereignties) are created equal, but pigs (United States) are created MORE equal"????

Is that really his position and can he justify it with anything other than we are the biggest baddest guys on the block with the biggest military and we say so?

Of course he cannot.

Originally Posted by Dixie
//

But take it from me ??? Is Dixie getting ready to come out of the closet ?

Now they are investigating rep. Kolbe (r) from AZ, re. a camping trip with two male pages. This is getting good.

Originally Posted by Dixie
//

But take it from me ??? Is Dixie getting ready to come out of the closet ?

You know, it amazes me how you people think you conceal your bigotry. I bet you have all kinds of great words to say about gays, how you have gay friends, and you don't see anything wrong with homosexuals, and how completely tolerant and accepting you are to gays... but it is comments like this, which reveal your true heart.

It takes a truly prejudiced bigot to assume that someone will be offended if you insinuate they are gay. The fact that you dislike me and want to say something insulting to me, is accomplished in your mind, by inferring that I am gay... the worst possible label you can think of to apply to me. In fact, it even ranked higher than "pedophile" in your thoughts of how to attack me personally. This speaks volumes about what your true feelings are toward gay people, regardless of what words you hide behind. You may not realize it, but others do.

Now they are investigating rep. Kolbe (r) from AZ, re. a camping trip with two male pages. This is getting good.

So, a man going camping with two young men... that is now considered pedophilia? Homsexual? What? ...Is this because of that Brokeback Mountain scene?

=======================================

Dixie: Finally, there is the recent revelation of "The List" that Democrat operatives have prepared, to "out" homosexual republicans, just before the election. It seems the "intolerant" republicans have a few homosexuals in their midst, and this is seen as unacceptable by the "more tolerant" Democrats.

Darla: First of all, let me say that I call BS on this "list". Everything I have read, and I've read a lot, put Republican fingerprints all over this Dixie

uscitizen: Now they are investigating rep. Kolbe (r) from AZ, re. a camping trip with two male pages. This is getting good.

Dixie: Toldya!

Who else is on "The List?" Who else is going to be disenfranchised by the Democrats in their lust for power? How much longer are the gay people in America going to tolerate your using them and homosexuality, for political advantage?

it will be quite funny to watch the data to see just what percentage of the republican party's religious right base stays home on election day in disgust. The party that hates gays and loves Jesus sure seems to turn a blind eye when their own elected members are jacking off in the house cloak room having cyber sex with young boys while important roll calls are being held open until they spurt their splooge all over their laptop screens, clean up, and get back in the chamber. Reynolds KNEW what a perverted predator Foley was and STILL worked to get him reelected!!!!

How will THAT play in the religious heartland?

So, a man going camping with two young men... that is now considered pedophilia? Homsexual? What? ...Is this because of that Brokeback Mountain scene?

=======================================

Dixie: Finally, there is the recent revelation of "The List" that Democrat operatives have prepared, to "out" homosexual republicans, just before the election. It seems the "intolerant" republicans have a few homosexuals in their midst, and this is seen as unacceptable by the "more tolerant" Democrats.

Darla: First of all, let me say that I call BS on this "list". Everything I have read, and I've read a lot, put Republican fingerprints all over this Dixie

uscitizen: Now they are investigating rep. Kolbe (r) from AZ, re. a camping trip with two male pages. This is getting good.

Dixie: Toldya!

Who else is on "The List?" Who else is going to be disenfranchised by the Democrats in their lust for power? How much longer are the gay people in America going to tolerate your using them and homosexuality, for political advantage?

This list is a list of both Democratic and Republicans in Congress that are HYPOCRITES....the list includes both....

It is not and was not gathered by Democratic operatives....it was gathered by gay and lesbian men and women who are sick and tired of these congressmen voting in a manner that contradicts their own, in the closet lifestyles....

I can understand the anger this group feels towards those gay and lesbian leaders in power that are HYPOCRITES...but I still do not agree that they should "out" them....because I think that one's own sex life is his or her own business.

This is not the Democratic party that is doing this or Democratic operatives, but a group of gay and lesbian citizens fet up with the hypocrisy amongst our government leaders....

And this did not just begin with this election....this group was in full force back in 2003/2004.....

You are full of shit and delusional, that's all I can say. You've still not shown me anything from the Foley emails that denotes certain perversion, and outing gays is not pointing out anything perverted, unless you want to try and claim that being gay is perverted. I certainly understand how you think this will keep the religious right at home, but that is a sad and pathetic tactic to use, to win an election. It's too bad your party can't win on issues and ideas, and has to resort to smearing people and disenfranchising voters by outing homosexuals. You might win this election, you might even manage to win a couple, but your ideology is in deep trouble, if this is what it takes for you to gain power.

Back