Hi, I'm Ted

Talk to Darla. Oh wait I don't think you'd be interested in that. Talk to Dixie.

Well howdy, young man. Nice to meet you IHG.

Oh yeah, I already know Dixie. Him and me is buddies from way back. Boy howdy, I could tell you some stories about me an ol' Dix hitting the "massage" parlors back in Denver.

But seriously young man: these days I only get legitimate massages. I have a lower back problem. I Ain't a young spring chickin no more!

Now, somehow this is okay with liberal hypocrites, they don't have a problem with insulting, trashing and bashing gays with off-color jokes and parodies. Oh yeah, we can all kid around about the 'queers', that's just fine and dandy, just don't mention a 'ghetto booty' to a black person, that is racist! You people make me sick! What a bunch of absolute hypocrites!

Dixie its funny to joke about Haggards homosexuality because it is ironic. The irony of a man who constantly preached of the sin of homosexuality and is a homosexual himself is funny.

Have you ever watched Chapelle show. The very first episode is my favorite. It portrays a klansmen who is blind and doesn't know he is black. The stuff he says is extremely racist but it is funny because it is ironic.

We are laughing at irony not homosexuality. As for the incident you are talking about there's a thin line between good humor and tasteless humor and you've gotta know the ledge. People like Carlos Mencia and Lisa Lampanelli can pull off racist humor because it is made subtely clear that differnet races are being made fun of but rather racist ideas are being made fun of.

You didn't bring that across thus the reaction. You also have precedent working against you with the whole argument about anti miscegination law. The Confederate flag doesn't help either. I'm not hear to argue whether the flag is racist or not bottom line is that will be an automatic perception with most.

You didn't bring that across thus the reaction.

I made a joke to Tiana who had made a joke with me, there was nothing 'racist' about it whatsoever. Numskulls who don't have the mental wattage to comprehend what "racism" is, decided that it was in poor taste and offensive to them... I thought it was funny.

You also have precedent working against you with the whole argument about anti miscegination law.

What I have 'working against me' is a board full of hypocritical asswipes who don't understand what the fuck they are talking about, and continue to make assumptions about me that are unfounded and based on their own stereotypical beliefs. On the matter of the "law" you mention, I did indeed point out to those who insisted it was a "racist" thing, that many Southern Baptists have a particular religious belief about races intermingling. This is not necessarily "racist", it is more "religious" in nature. Yes, I understand the perception, but perceptions are often wrong. To automatically assume that every person who voted against interracial marriage is a devout racist, is just foolish and prejudiced beyond belief. I'm not 'defending' anything here, I am merely making an objective observation about this assumption. No doubt, some people who voted that way, were indeed racist, but many were not, they simply voted according to their own religious upbringing and teaching, and it has nothing to do with their opinions on race. Whether they are "right" or "wrong" is not a part of this argument, I agree, they are wrong about it, and interracial marriage should be as legal as any other kind of marriage, I never assumed their position or defended it, I merely explained it to the hypocritical idiots who wanted to paint everyone with the same racist brush.

The Confederate flag doesn't help either.

The Confederate flag is a part of my history and heritage, I have ancestors who fought and died under that flag, and that is why I display it proudly. I am defiant and unwavering in my position regarding the flag my relatives fought and died under, and I'll be damned if I succumb to the liberal PC hypocrites who want to use their broad brush of racism on people who recognize the historic significance of this flag.

I'm not hear to argue whether the flag is racist or not bottom line is that will be an automatic perception with most.

Presumption and perception is exactly what I am combating here. Whenever we start 'presuming' and 'assuming' things, based on our own stereotypes and prejudices, we are no better than any other person who does the same thing to "hate Jews" or "hate gays" or "hate blacks". If you see a guy named "Dixie" wearing a Confederate bandanna, it shouldn't "automatically" mean anything! If it does, I surmise you are no better than the ones you accuse of racism and prejudice.

It's important to understand, temperance, tolerance, and understanding, are prerequisites in dealing with racial divisiveness. Until our society can demonstrate some ability to do this, we will never achieve 'color-blindness' and will always have this issue looming among those who continue to foster the false perceptions and presumptions.

Tiana made a joke about sleeping with me, I made a retort in the form of a joke back to her, it was never intended to be racist or insulting in any way... off-color or offensive? Perhaps, but this is the norm around here! This "ted thread" is a classic example of liberal hypocrisy, it's not a problem for someone to do something like this, they can say whatever offensive and insulting things they like, and no one says a word, they just laugh along with it and pat the moron on the back for his comic genius.

Hillary can get up in front of a black audience and pull her 'blackface routine', mocking black people all over the place, and not a word is said, no one takes a bit of offense... but OMG, let Dixie crack a joke about Tiana's 'ghetto booty' and all fucking hell breaks loose, they blow fuses left and right, and this is some 'clear indication' that I am racist! It's a fucking DOUBLE STANDARD, and it's based on prejudice and bigoted views of me, and southerners in general, and is as offensive as anything skinhead or any other true racist would say.

Well Dixie, I have really held back on this, because I don't want to contribute to making a freaking spectacle out of Tiana. I let a comment AHZ made go, on that very thread, for that very reason. But if it had been made to me, I would have cleaned his clock for him. I wish we could take her out of the equation...but I don't see how to address this and do that at the same time.

I have explained to you the history behind your comments and behind your apparent thinking.

Why don't you stop being so damned defensive, and try stopping and thinking, and maybe asking yourself a few hard questions? Yes, you took a beating on that thread. And you resorted to what I think is, unconscious racism, and what is probably, very conscious sexism.

I have explained to you the history behind your comments and behind your apparent thinking.

First of all, I had no idea of the 'history' you mentioned, and have never heard that story. Secondly, you can't speak for what was behind my thinking, you don't have the slightest clue. Thirdly, you and Prissy were the ones who took exception with my comment, which was presented as a joke, a little light-hearted ribbing between me and Tiana, who I consider a 'friend' in spite of our differences. Nothing about the comment was "racist" and it certainly was no worse that Hillary's 'Aunt Jemimah' routine recently. You are just a hypersensitive bitch who wants to infer her own racism and prejudice on others, so you can feel good about yourself. It pisses me off because I think it's just that kind of hypersensitivity and hypocrisy which prevents us from moving on and learning to love each other for who we are, and not hate each other for the stereotypical myths propped up by utter hypocrites and bigots.

We were having a humorous exchange, joking with each other, and anyone who reads it will understand that was the context. For you to get all morally outraged and indignant, and turn it into some out-of-context abomination of what was intended, is pathetic pandering of the worst kind. Neither me or Tiana were being serious in that thread, and you know that, you were being cute yourself, and in fact, started the whole episode with your comments back to me. I can think of MANY things I COULD have said, had I wanted to be racially insensitive, offensive or insulting toward Tiana. Actually, what I said was somewhat 'complimentary' toward her, and black women in general.

I encourage you to go listen to the lyrics of the Rolling Stones song, 'Brown Sugar', and tell us how Mick Jager is a 'racist' for putting it to music. I think we can all agree, Mick is not a card-carrying Klansman, or anything of the sort! He did a song, it made a dramatic social statement, and became an all-time classic Stones song. I told a joke, I thought it was funny, you got tight-assed and decided to infer your bigoted and stereotypical opinion on us... just like the bigoted and racist 'rednecks' did with ol' Mick, when he put his song out. I can live with that, you are in the company of the ones you belong with, as far as I'm concerned.

Dixie: "I did indeed point out to those who insisted it was a "racist" thing, that many Southern Baptists have a particular religious belief about races intermingling. This is not necessarily "racist", it is more "religious" in nature."

I have to agree with Dix. Mingling of the races is forbidden in the Good Book.

But don't get me wrong - it's not racist to be in favor of seperating the races. Dixie and I just happen to believe that God did not intend the races to mix. Or spawn offspring. Or, even date, come to think of it. Now, sharing a water fountain is fine -- I think Dixie and I agree on that.

"Ted" apparently couldn't comprehend this part of what I stated:

...they are wrong about it, and interracial marriage should be as legal as any other kind of marriage, I never assumed their position or defended it.

This is the trouble with most ass wipe liberal pinheads, they simply gloss over what is said and continue in their ignorant hatred and stereotypical bigotry for others. It's a shame, but that is the kind of country we now live in. Full of low life scumbags who have nothing better to do than trying to trash others on a message board. And rather crudely at that.

Hey Ted, you are quite a guy...

You really took the Bible to heart and became a fisher of men...

You even used live bait!

First of all, I had no idea of the 'history' you mentioned, and have never heard that story. Secondly, you can't speak for what was behind my thinking, you don't have the slightest clue. Thirdly, you and Prissy were the ones who took exception with my comment, which was presented as a joke, a little light-hearted ribbing between me and Tiana, who I consider a 'friend' in spite of our differences. Nothing about the comment was "racist" and it certainly was no worse that Hillary's 'Aunt Jemimah' routine recently. You are just a hypersensitive bitch who wants to infer her own racism and prejudice on others, so you can feel good about yourself. It pisses me off because I think it's just that kind of hypersensitivity and hypocrisy which prevents us from moving on and learning to love each other for who we are, and not hate each other for the stereotypical myths propped up by utter hypocrites and bigots.

We were having a humorous exchange, joking with each other, and anyone who reads it will understand that was the context. For you to get all morally outraged and indignant, and turn it into some out-of-context abomination of what was intended, is pathetic pandering of the worst kind. Neither me or Tiana were being serious in that thread, and you know that, you were being cute yourself, and in fact, started the whole episode with your comments back to me. I can think of MANY things I COULD have said, had I wanted to be racially insensitive, offensive or insulting toward Tiana. Actually, what I said was somewhat 'complimentary' toward her, and black women in general.

I encourage you to go listen to the lyrics of the Rolling Stones song, 'Brown Sugar', and tell us how Mick Jager is a 'racist' for putting it to music. I think we can all agree, Mick is not a card-carrying Klansman, or anything of the sort! He did a song, it made a dramatic social statement, and became an all-time classic Stones song. I told a joke, I thought it was funny, you got tight-assed and decided to infer your bigoted and stereotypical opinion on us... just like the bigoted and racist 'rednecks' did with ol' Mick, when he put his song out. I can live with that, you are in the company of the ones you belong with, as far as I'm concerned.

It's not a "story" Dixie, it's history. Of course you weren't aware of it, that's where the "unconscious" part comes in. We all absorb ideas and attitudes from our society, many of which we are not even aware of. Until, we stop and question ourselves. If we ever do. Why do you always have these knee-jerk reactions? Have you ever learned anything from being on these boards? Or did you already know everything when you arrived?

As for the Stones' song...I like Brown Sugar about as much as I like "Under my thumb".

Which is to say, not at all.

Darla, dixie stands a 50% chance of his father having been a member of the KKK if he was raised in Bama. In the 60's over 50% of adult white males in Birmingham were KKK members.

Darla, dixie stands a 50% chance of his father having been a member of the KKK if he was raised in Bama. In the 60's over 50% of adult white males in Birmingham were KKK members.

At times like this, I really hate this format.

So, I would like ten minutes alone with this guy, to explain some shit to him...and no usc, there would be no cigarette smoking afterwards!

Where the hell does this statistic come from? How utterly absurd! I doubt there were ever more than a couple of thousand KKK members in the entire STATE! I seriously doubt that men who were 1/8 black could even get into the KKK. Yes, my dad was 1/8 black and my mom is 1/8 Choctaw.

Again, what we have here is someone who has formed a bigoted stereotype of someone they don't know, and have never met. For no other apparent reason than to cast judgement on them and slander. You really just put yourself in the same boat with the sheet wearers, I hope you like it there.

"Ted" apparently couldn't comprehend this part of what I stated:

...they are wrong about it, and interracial marriage should be as legal as any other kind of marriage, I never assumed their position or defended it.

This is the trouble with most ass wipe liberal pinheads, they simply gloss over what is said and continue in their ignorant hatred and stereotypical bigotry for others. It's a shame, but that is the kind of country we now live in. Full of low life scumbags who have nothing better to do than trying to trash others on a message board. And rather crudely at that.

Don't be like that Dix. Lying is a great sin in the eyes of our Lord. You and many of my evangelical brethren down south, voted to keep the alabama law prohibiting inter-racial marriage. Why, I think you even admitted voting to keep the prohibition, on this board. You don't need to be dishonest, or hide from the reason you did it: the races should not intermingle. You and I both agree on that, and there's no need to lie about it, while the Lord is watching us. Believe me, you don't want to have to explain any more sins than you have to, when your waiting to get into the Pearly Gates - Lord knows, I'm worried about all the sins I'm going to have to explain.

At any rate, you and I both agree, that we can share water fountains and bathrooms with the coloreds. Swimming pools probably, too. We're not racists, or savages my good man! It's just that the Lord doesn't intend for us to marry and procreate with the coloreds.

Be proud and honest my good man! Don't hide your reasons! The Lord will reward your honesty!

to say that we don't KNOW you might be correct if, by that, you imply that we have not met you face to face. But after reading your racist bigoted rants for years now, most of us feel as if we know you well enough to state with a pretty stong degree of certainty that either you ARE a bigot and a racist gadfly, or you portray one with uncanny accuracy.

Back