Hi -- New here.

run by demmycrats

Yes, I think the predominantly Democratic leadership is probably a significant part of the reason that New York has lower murder rates, lower infant mortality, high life expectancy, more college degrees, higher median income, higher productivity, higher GSP per capita, lower overall crime, lower incarceration rate, lower obesity rates, etc. The quality of leadership tends to make a big difference over the long run. Certainly it's not doing as well as some states where liberalism tends to be stronger (again, consider Massachusetts), but compared to the shitholes run by the conservative ideology, it's a pretty nice place to be.

Yes, I think the predominantly Democratic leadership is probably a significant part of the reason that New York has lower murder rates, lower infant mortality, high life expectancy, more college degrees, higher median income, higher productivity, higher GSP per capita, lower overall crime, lower incarceration rate, lower obesity rates, etc. The quality of leadership tends to make a big difference over the long run. Certainly it's not doing as well as some states where liberalism tends to be stronger (again, consider Massachusetts), but compared to the shitholes run by the conservative ideology, it's a pretty nice place to be.

Can you cite the specific policy actions by DEMOCRATS that led to the results that you "think" are "probably a significant part of the reason that New York has lower murder rates, lower infant mortality, high life expectancy, more college degrees, higher median income, higher productivity, higher GSP per capita, lower overall crime, lower incarceration rate, lower obesity rates, etc."?

Concise enough for you, sock?

ich ni san shi go rok seech hach ku ju... ju-ich, ju-ni... so forth... in that way you can count to 19 in Japanese. Now, Japanese is not Korean. Korean is mo' betta. They have an alphabet. Makes learning easier for us Westerners. My sister was born in Korea, but was adopted by my family and knows no Korean at all. :D

I expect China would have been more of a world power earlier if they'd moved to an alphabetical script about the same time Korea did. The Chinese had invented movable-type printing, but it's not really an efficiency gain when you have a writing system like theirs as when you have an alphabetical script with a fairly small number of characters. If you have just 24 letters, like Hanguel, having movable type printing makes it very quick to block out a new page. Then that also makes it much easier when typing, once typewriters and then word processors came along. When you look at Chinese typewriters, it's not hard to see why a nation that had so much going for it took so long to modernize.

We haven't seen one here yet! Maybe someday one will show up.

You have at least one...in Oneuli.

She is ripping you folk new assholes...and doing it with class and humor.

If you can't "see" it, it is because you are covering your eyes.

Can you cite the specific policy actions by DEMOCRATS that led to the results that you "think" are "probably a significant part of the reason that New York has lower murder rates, lower infant mortality, high life expectancy, more college degrees, higher median income, higher productivity, higher GSP per capita, lower overall crime, lower incarceration rate, lower obesity rates, etc."?

Concise enough for you, sock?

Sure -- better government oversight, better investment in education and infrastructure, and less coddling of bigots.

You holding out for a long-form birth certificate?

I'm holding out hope that you're bright enough to realize that making unverifiable personal claims on the Internet doesn't add credibility to your posts.

So far, I'm disappointed in your progress, sock.

I'm holding out hope that you're bright enough to realize that making unverifiable personal claims on the Internet doesn't add credibility to your posts.

So far, I'm disappointed in your progress, sock.

You're the one who bet on it. I just thought you'd be interested to know you were right. If you don't care about such things, wouldn't your time be better spent not posting about them? Just a thought.

You're the one who bet on it. I just thought you'd be interested to know you were right. If you don't care about such things, wouldn't your time be better spent not posting about them? Just a thought.

Getting testy, sock? It was a sarcastic figure of speech indicating skepticism. Apparently you aren't as "bright" as your fluffers say you are.

"Ppecific policy actions" was the part you ignored, sock.

Can you address the question that was asked without spewing glib generalizations unsupported by any corroboration of causality, sock?

I'll understand if you can't.

A specific list would run to the thousands of pages. Each budget has specific spending projects that lend themselves, for example, to New York's continued success as a global economic hub. So, for purposes of this thread, I'm content to lay out the overall themes that I think have helped -- and not just in New York, but in more liberals states generally. If there's a specific program you'd like to dig into, I'm happy to do so.

Back