Hi -- New here.

Apparently not, sock, if by "poison" you mean my nasty habit of requiring people to prove the assertions they make.

No, as you know, that's not at all what I mean by poison. I'm referring to your attempts to get an emotional rise from me with the name-calling and personal attacks. As you've seen, those attempts are impotent. As for proving my assertions, I'm happy to prove them when challenged -- remember back when you doubted I'd responded to the question about how I'm able to post during the week? What I'm not interested in doing, though, is letting you hand out assignments, especially in light of your decision to dodge all questions. If some other poster wants to challenge the facts I've shared, I'll be happy to back them up with substantiating links. But, as we've discussed, you've lost that privilege, since I don't believe your skepticism is genuine. I think you're just trying to derail the discussion.

Your idea of proving the claims you make seems to consist of making glib generalizations and a predilection for telling others to Google for evidence to back up your assertions, sock.

Actually, if you reread, you'll notice we aren't speaking of generalizations here, but rather of very specific claims. For example, either murder rates had a net decline during the Clinton and Obama years, as I specifically claimed, or they didn't. Answering that question is as easy as Googling the phrase "murder rate by year." If you doubt one of those specific claims I made, just say which one it is.

At the time I entered the work force Electronics was the money field. Today it's computers.

That's interesting to think about -- the way that avenues that can look so promising at one point can gradually get less so. For example, I'm sure there was a point where being a skilled TV repair person looked like a lucrative job that would only get more so in the coming years, as more and more people bought TVs. But then TV prices dropped to the point that they were basically treated as disposable and the job all but vanished. Meanwhile, other jobs that may not have seemed very promising at one point can suddenly open up -- for example, there are people making great money doing graphical design today, thanks to the importance of that for consumer web pages. I guess it's a reason to keep flexible and to maintain a broad education basis.

That's interesting to think about -- the way that avenues that can look so promising at one point can gradually get less so. For example, I'm sure there was a point where being a skilled TV repair person looked like a lucrative job that would only get more so in the coming years, as more and more people bought TVs. But then TV prices dropped to the point that they were basically treated as disposable and the job all but vanished. Meanwhile, other jobs that may not have seemed very promising at one point can suddenly open up -- for example, there are people making great money doing graphical design today, thanks to the importance of that for consumer web pages. I guess it's a reason to keep flexible and to maintain a broad education basis.

Aren't you unemployed, sock?

Thanks!

Sure. Last night I burned the roof of my mouth on some surprisingly hot take-out food.

Hey, Oneuli. Not to go off topic here, but do you have a position on 'immigration? I see you talk about 'disappearing' jobs. I have a premise about there will be LESS jobs done by humans in the Future and that the US should stop or slow done or be more selective in their 'immigration' policy.

You are correct.

You regard being identified as "sock" as an example of "name-calling and personal attacks," sock?

Yes, as you are well aware, referring to someone as "sock" is name calling and a personal attack. You can't manage a single post without that crutch, presumably because you can't think of anything else to say. Oh well.

Back