Hoarding classified docs will put you in jail

floridafan

Verified User
There's an FBI agent who hoarded classified documents like Trump — and she's going to prison

"A former FBI intelligence analyst from Dodge City, Kansas, who kept hundreds of classified documents at her home, including in her bathroom, was sentenced to nearly four years in prison by a federal judge in Kansas City on Wednesday for violating the same part of the Espionage Act that former President Donald Trump is accused of breaking," reported Jonathan Shorman.

'I cannot fathom why you would jeopardize our nation by leaving these types of documents in your bathtub,' [U.S. District Court Judge Stephen] Bough said," the report continued. "Bough, ordered the former analyst, Kendra Kingsbury, to spend three years and 10 months in prison followed by three years of supervised release. He ordered her to surrender to federal authorities to begin her prison sentence on July 21.

According to prosecutors, Kingsbury's home stash of both papers and CDs included national security secrets, including information about al-Qaeda associates in Africa, as well as information about open FBI investigations.

This case is remarkably similar to that against Trump, who is accused of storing highly classified national defense information, including attack plans against Iran, in boxes left in unsecured rooms at his country club, at various points in a ballroom, and a bathroom. Trump is further accused of having his personal valet and body man, Walt Nauta, move the boxes around to conceal them after government subpoenas, and even from his own attorneys. Nauta has also been charged in the case.

Probably... But don't expect him to get off with a minor misdemeanor...

Why not?

At every stage the law has given Trump more deference and better treatment than any other person on the planet would have got.

You are not refusing to give back government docs for 18 months when asked, and subpoena's all the while being given a pass if yo ujust return them.

They would march your ass in to holding cell, and do the full mug shot etc, same day, and likely hold you to trial.

It is the one area i absolutely disagree with Merrick Garland and think he should shut up with the 'law acts without fear and favor' as Trump has got 'fear and favor' all the way thru.

Why not?

At every stage the law has given Trump more deference and better treatment than any other person on the planet would have got.

You are not refusing to give back government docs for 18 months when asked, and subpoena's all the while being given a pass if yo ujust return them.

They would march your ass in to holding cell, and do the full mug shot etc, same day, and likely hold you to trial.

It is the one area i absolutely disagree with Merrick Garland and think he should shut up with the 'law acts without fear and favor' as Trump has got 'fear and favor' all the way thru.

Nope, the idiots on the left are always dragging him into court yet they never bring their own

How is that special treatment?

Nope, the idiots on the left are always dragging him into court yet they never bring their own

How is that special treatment?

What does 'they never bring their own' mean?

It is normal for an incoming POTUS to fire all the US Attorneys and appoint their own. Biden left Trumps in place who was investigating his son. Then the new AG Garland left him and gave him full independence to conclude his investigation wherever it took him. And for 5 years it took him everywhere.

And the independent Special Counsel found a nothing burger. Same for the other one Durham, who Garland also left to do his independent work.

Trump would have never done the same if Obama had a US Attorney investigating Ivanka or Don Jr. He would have fired them and pardoned his kids proactively.

Trump also commits crime after crime and gets deference no one else would get.

There's an FBI agent who hoarded classified documents like Trump — and she's going to prison
... but she wasn't the President.

This is another stupid thread started by an undereducated leftist who is totally ignorant of how classified information works.

The President has full authority over all Executive branch documents. The President is the classifying authority. There is no higher classifying authority above the President that can impugn him. I know, I know, undereducated leftists simply cannot grasp this. I can't help you there.

In any event, there does not exist anyone who can override the (even former) President's authority over documents that fell within his purview. That's what comes with being the President.

US Constitution - Article II, Section 1:
The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America.

As I understand it, some other people paid them for him--likely in another quid pro quo moment--rather than he, himself, paid them...

You have any proof of that? I'm only asking because sometimes you make stuff up - like yesterday when you claimed a military administrative dismissal was the same thing as a felony conviction - or when you claimed FOIA made it illegal for congress to subpoena tax returns. I'm sayin' we gotta watch you :)

You will like what you are told to like...You do actually suck that badly.

Throughout history those who have succumbed to the effects of Dunning-Kruger have suffered a fate equivalent to your own. Your Quixotic quest others' approval is quite nauseating.

Last edited:

"A former FBI intelligence analyst from Dodge City, Kansas, who kept hundreds of classified documents at her home, including in her bathroom, was sentenced to nearly four years in prison by a federal judge in Kansas City on Wednesday for violating the same part of the Espionage Act that former President Donald Trump is accused of breaking," reported Jonathan Shorman.

'I cannot fathom why you would jeopardize our nation by leaving these types of documents in your bathtub,' [U.S. District Court Judge Stephen] Bough said," the report continued. "Bough, ordered the former analyst, Kendra Kingsbury, to spend three years and 10 months in prison followed by three years of supervised release. He ordered her to surrender to federal authorities to begin her prison sentence on July 21.

According to prosecutors, Kingsbury's home stash of both papers and CDs included national security secrets, including information about al-Qaeda associates in Africa, as well as information about open FBI investigations.

This case is remarkably similar to that against Trump, who is accused of storing highly classified national defense information, including attack plans against Iran, in boxes left in unsecured rooms at his country club, at various points in a ballroom, and a bathroom. Trump is further accused of having his personal valet and body man, Walt Nauta, move the boxes around to conceal them after government subpoenas, and even from his own attorneys. Nauta has also been charged in the case.

Yet a Democrat Senator can put classified documents in his garage in plain sight and get away with it.

Back