Holyroller rampage!!!

No way. They Centralize on Religion and use it to hone that hatred. They do not centralize on Western Hatred. That is something that flows from the Centralized Theme of Religion that they promote and teach. They begin in the schools teaching this central theme of religion with a thread of Western Evil in it....

The KKK teaches Racism with a thread of religion in it. There is a large difference between the two.

A Fundie group will ALWAYS focus on religion. You can view their ceremonies on History Channel and Discovery, watch them. These people do not centralize their meetings, groups, etc on religion.

It underlies, but is not the Central Organizing Theme...

The Central Organizing Theme of this group is Racism, plain and simple. Watching their actual meetings on those shows give you a clear picture of that.

What Ceremony do you think of when you think of a KKK meeting? What do they burn? What symbols do they use? Its all tied to religin....

The cross was the end. It however is not the religious cross and they were careful to say so. Before that they burn the flag and gave that pledge that I spoke of, they do not pledge their lives to God, but to the "White Race" which is their "Nation"...

The central theme is not God, but Race.

The cross was the end. It however is not the religious cross and they were careful to say so. Before that they burn the flag and gave that pledge that I spoke of, they do not pledge their lives to God, but to the "White Race" which is their "Nation"...

To them its the same thing.

To them its the same thing.
Except it wasn't. They were careful to represent that the cross was not the religious symbol and mention of God was actually rare. The central theme was not religion. It is not a fundamentalist religious group.

I'd give you that they believe that they are a religious group, just not that it is a fundamentalist group.

In order to be fundamentalist your every action must be in service to that central theme. In this case it isn't religion, it is Race.

Except it wasn't. They were careful to represent that the cross was not the religious symbol and mention of God was actually rare. The central theme was not religion. It is not a fundamentalist religious group.

I'd give you that they believe that they are a religious group, just not that it is a fundamentalist group.

In order to be fundamentalist your every action must be in service to that central theme. In this case it isn't religion, it is Race.

I still say that to them, White Supremacy, "race", is synomonous with Religen as they belive that God "Jesus" ordained the White Race to rule, and to bring about the rule of the white race is to bring about God's will!

That being said, if your argument is correct, then the Christian Coaliation is more akin to AlQueda than the KKK.

I still say that to them, White Supremacy, "race", is synomonous with Religen as they belive that God "Jesus" ordained the White Race to rule, and to bring about the rule of the white race is to bring about God's will!

That being said, if your argument is correct, then the Christian Coaliation is more akin to AlQueda than the KKK.
I'd agree with that. Or Focus on the Family.

A prime difference being they do not promote violence. But they are fundie groups.

The KKK promoted violence but were often backed by more mainstreem "Christian" groups.

In the south in 1955, I know from talking with some who lived in Montgomery in the 1950's, the mainstreem christian groups thought the KKK to be lower class and not to their level, but they would fund them and would promote there actions. So, while, for example the mayor and Montgomery city counsel members would not admit to any connection to the KKK, they often controlled the actions of the local KKK.

Many Christians give money to a Buddhist Anti-abortion group. Does that mean that they control that group and that it is a Christian Fundamentalist group?

“One reason why the Ku Klux Clan was supported so well was there was another organization called the white citizens counsel in the south which was comprised of leading businessmen and politicians who didn’t go out dressed as clansmen and attack black people but did everything they could to ensure that the clansmen who did attack black people weren’t prosecuted.”

http://www.black-history-month.co.uk/articles/mlk.html

Many Christians give money to a Buddhist Anti-abortion group. Does that mean that they control that group and that it is a Christian Fundamentalist group?

Giving money and "controling the actions" are two different things.

If a Christian group "controled the actions" of the Budist anti-abortion group I would say that despite the name, the Budist anti-abortion group was a wing or puppet of that christian group~!

They have made "race" (sic) into a religion, just as the Nazi Party did.

But the Nazi Party has never been confused with a Fundamentalist Movement. They are not one and the same.

exactly!!!
Once again, who has ever described the Nazi Party as a Fundamentalist Religious organization?

The religion was mixed in, not the central theme. So yes, it is pretty much exactly the same. The KKK mixes it in there a bit, but it does not centralize it on that. It uses it to promote the central theme of the group which is racism, not religion.

To them the racism IS religen. They belive that the way to promote God is to push to put ONE superior race in charge, as God wanted!

No, to most of them it is not a religion. That is a tool used for recruiting, but does not centralize in their ceremonies that I have seen.

They are pretty much exactly like the Nazi Party in that they incorporate that kind of talk within it as a tool, but it is not the centralizing theme of the organization.

Once again, who has ever described the Nazi Party as a Fundamentalist Religious organization?

The religion was mixed in, not the central theme. So yes, it is pretty much exactly the same. The KKK mixes it in there a bit, but it does not centralize it on that. It uses it to promote the central theme of the group which is racism, not religion.
Many anthropologists look at it that way. Functionally, the Nazi ideology was a religion, even if it didn't resemble a "normal" religion in some superficial ways.

But it wasn't fundamentalized. First

1. Only certain groups "SS" and others were fully "indoctrinated"...

2. It was not used to theme all propaganda and was not the central theme of the Party...

This is not a FUNDAMENTALIST religious group. Which has been my point from the beginning. People can use the tool of religion to promote something without being FUNDAMENTALIST... Fundamentalists don't just use religion they BREATHE it...

Back