How do we solve the gender gap?

like i pointed out that you didnt want to quote women are at 50.2 and men are 49.8 but the split in college is 57/43. Lets change it up a bit. Say the population was 50.2% white and 49.8% black and the college split was 57/43 there is obviously a problem there right? One that we have to address to insure equality in our society. It is the exact same issue here. Just because one group is the target of discrimination doesnt make it any less so.

She'd have a problem with that and claim discrimination was taking place.

christiefan is one of those that something unequal isn't a problem is she agrees or supports it.

Why is it your premise that college education percentages have to follow general population percentages? You've left out the fact that maybe some of those males never wanted to go to college, for instance. There are too many variables here for you to be relying on population.

Yet on other issues when percentages don't follow the general population percentages your first thought is racism or discrimination.

calvin-klein-obsession-f-m-edt-vp-ml30.jpg

Does you panic . . ?

Is that ebonics?

Your question assumes that I want what you imply I want. You can have him. Two pieces of shit should be together.

Why is it your premise that college education percentages have to follow general population percentages? You've left out the fact that maybe some of those males never wanted to go to college, for instance. There are too many variables here for you to be relying on population.

because we have to fight injustice whenever we see it. If a certain demographic is not given the opportunities that other demographics as I have shown here then we have to work to correct it.

A good step would be to support the privilege grant :)

because we have to fight injustice whenever we see it. If a certain demographic is not given the opportunities that other demographics as I have shown here then we have to work to correct it.

Your problem is that when something doesn't suit YOU and what YOU want to see, YOU automatically consider it as wrong on some level. Just because a certain demographic isn't at the level you think they should, it doesn't mean they were denied an opportunity. That's what you Liberals do. If it doesn't suit you, automatically something wrong is being done. You don't have a problem with women going to college on a higher percentage than their proportion in society but let minorities not be up to the level of their proportion in society and suddenly they are being discriminated against in your eyes. If women, who make up approximately 51% of society weren't going to college at that rate, your automatic assumption would be because they were discriminated against. When they go at a higher rate than their proportion in society, nothing to see here from your viewpoint.

Your problem is that when something doesn't suit YOU and what YOU want to see, YOU automatically consider it as wrong on some level. Just because a certain demographic isn't at the level you think they should, it doesn't mean they were denied an opportunity. That's what you Liberals do. If it doesn't suit you, automatically something wrong is being done. You don't have a problem with women going to college on a higher percentage than their proportion in society but let minorities not be up to the level of their proportion in society and suddenly they are being discriminated against in your eyes. If women, who make up approximately 51% of society weren't going to college at that rate, your automatic assumption would be because they were discriminated against. When they go at a higher rate than their proportion in society, nothing to see here from your viewpoint.

.... im the one arguing that there is a bias against men and we should correct it by helping men...

.... im the one arguing that there is a bias against men and we should correct it by helping men...

My argument is that hypocrites like christiefan don't have a problem when percentages disproportionate to something else such as population are in their favor but automatically cry foul when those disproportionate percentages are not in line with what they like.

I don't have nor have ever had a problem with someone more qualified than me getting something because of it. My problem is when those who say we should be judged by what we offer rather than what we look like don't mind benefiting based on what they look like rather than what they offer. It's my sole problem with affirmative action. Those that say race, gender, etc. are wrong when used to deny don't have a problem when race, gender, etc. are used to benefit. In other words, they want the judgment to be made on content/character when they happen to be more qualified but don't mind using race, gender, etc. to benefit when they aren't.

You haven't proven injustice. Maybe you're just shilling for the privilege grant.

You haven't proven injustice. Maybe you're just shilling for the privilege grant.

Yet if minorities are arrested and jailed at a higher percentage than their proportion in the population, you automatically deem that as injustice. Not a single thought about it being that they commit more crimes.

Why do you equate people getting a college education with people who were denied their basic civil rights because of prejudice?

Why do you think equality only applies under certain circumstances and not under others? What you just said is that it's OK to deny equality when YOU don't have a problem with it.

Why do you equate people getting a college education with people who were denied their basic civil rights because of prejudice?

an education is a basic civil right that is being denied due to prejudice. You cant cry foul when one group is discriminated against but cheer when another group is.

Or like the racists said about the blacks before, are you saying women are just smarter and more worthy of going to college than men?

an education is a basic civil right that is being denied due to prejudice. You cant cry foul when one group is discriminated against but cheer when another group is.

Or like the racists said about the blacks before, are you saying women are just smarter and more worthy of going to college than men?

You haven't proven prejudice. And college isn't a basic civil right, just El-Hi.

"All kids living in the United States have the right to a free public education. And the Constitution requires that all kids be given equal educational opportunity no matter what their race, ethnic background, religion, or sex, or whether they are rich or poor, citizen or non-citizen. Even if you are in this country illegally, you have the right to go to public school. The ACLU is fighting hard to make sure this right isn't taken away.
In addition to this constitutional guarantee of an equal education, many federal, state and local laws also protect students against discrimination in education based on sexual orientation or disability, including pregnancy and HIV status."

https://www.aclu.org/your-right-equality-education

You haven't proven prejudice. And college isn't a basic civil right, just El-Hi.

"All kids living in the United States have the right to a free public education. And the Constitution requires that all kids be given equal educational opportunity no matter what their race, ethnic background, religion, or sex, or whether they are rich or poor, citizen or non-citizen. Even if you are in this country illegally, you have the right to go to public school. The ACLU is fighting hard to make sure this right isn't taken away.
In addition to this constitutional guarantee of an equal education, many federal, state and local laws also protect students against discrimination in education based on sexual orientation or disability, including pregnancy and HIV status."

https://www.aclu.org/your-right-equality-education

equal educational opportunity no matter what their race, ethnic background, religion, or sex, or whether they are rich or poor, citizen or non-citizen.

why are we ok with such a disparity in college :(

the facts are there we just turn a blind eye towards it.

Back