How many people are OK with 3 sock accounts per person?

Should there be an official vote to limit sock usage to 3?

• Yes

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
the concept of a sock is incredibly childish

you already have a level of anonymity being this is the internet - creating multiple anonymous personas is a dick move and really only creates an atmosphere of trolling.

poll options suck BTW.

This is the most worthless poll I've made. Why the hell didn't it set up right? I clicked the box. Since we have maybe 29+ standard users, you know socks have to be voting, to get 12 in this short of time. Oh well shutting it down. Time for a redo

I don't think sock accounts should be allowed at all. It's got to be the most idiotic policy ever.

Unless it is a troll created as an obvious attempt at comedy or spoofing, I really do not know what the point of sock trolls are. Whether in real life or on the internet, I think it is pretty freakin' weird for somebody to pretend to be a different person.

I mean, this is just creepy....
Donald Trump masqueraded as publicist to brag about himself

A recording obtained by The Washington Post captures what New York reporters and editors who covered Trump’s early career experienced in the 1970s, ’80s and ’90s: calls from Trump’s Manhattan office that resulted in conversations with “John Miller” or “John Barron” — public-relations men who sound precisely like Trump himself — who indeed are Trump, masquerading as an unusually helpful and boastful advocate for himself, according to the journalists and several of Trump’s top aides.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.7eeadbb82c30

Unless it is a troll created as an obvious attempt at comedy or spoofing, I really do not know what the point of sock trolls are. Whether in real life or on the internet, I think it is pretty freakin' weird for somebody to pretend to be a different person.

I mean, this is just creepy....

Some ppl (rolls eyes upwards at Toxic) create socks to bypass being thread-banned. You can tell by their self-righteous bleating about how they only have one account, and how the that's-not-MY-sock suddenly quits posting after being confronted by the mods for violating a thread-ban. In addition, they are often the same people who instantly glom on to every new person and accuse them of being someone's sock. Wish I had a dollar for every time I've been accused of being some new person. The most flattering one was Oneuli was supposedly my sock. I wish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back