How To Make Sense Of The Michael Dunn Verdict

Post 74, hypocrite. Y O U brought up color in response to my comment in 73 that focused solely on gun violence: "Why do you think I'm not outraged by gun violence no matter who is the shooter?"

And if you think I respond well to demands to do something, think again. I don't jump to obey anybody, and especially not someone who's rude to me for no reason.

You don't really think any of these racist scumbags will actually own up to their faults, do you?

No, hypocrite, how about Y O U bringing up any post of mine that talks about color in the Dunn shooting.

Link it or slink it.

Typical DY debate tactic.

He's allowed to ask for links whenever he likes, but like your garden variety Tightie Rightie coward, he outright ignores requests that he provide links to back his bullshit.

I'm very glad they got him on the Attempted murder and practically speaking I doubt it will make any difference to go after him on the murder again, except for the possibility that Dunn could win an appeal.

Still, Florida needs to take a look at our self defense statute and make it harder for murders to use it as an escape hatch.

I hope the message gets out to gun toting assholes intent on shooting someone, if you kill someone because you "thought you saw a gun", you are going to stand trial if you were wrong about the gun.

Oh, I'm very clear on the definitions.
The confusion is from what the definitions truly are and what you want them to be.

WHAT - A White Hispanic shoots and kills a Black teenager and it doesn't warrant a murder 1 charge??

OH-wait.
It was determined that Trayvon did in fact attack and assault Zimmerman and that Zimmerman acted in self defense.

We're not talking about Zimmerman; we're talking about Dunn. Dunn was charged and tried for murder 1: there were reasons that I and the DA have already stated. There was a mistrial: will they try him again? I think they should: the man acted with malice which covers the cold blood argument. There were no weapons pointed at him, nor was he under physical danger at the time. He therefore brandished a gun; which is a crime and committed murder. He's been convicted twice of second degree murder. If the DA decides that there is enough evidence to try him again, then she will. So you're pretty much all the way around on this one. Adn since Dunn was under no physical threat of any kind, the word Zimmerman will likely not enter into it.

I'm very glad they got him on the Attempted murder and practically speaking I doubt it will make any difference to go after him on the murder again, except for the possibility that Dunn could win an appeal.

Still, Florida needs to take a look at our self defense statute and make it harder for murders to use it as an escape hatch.

I hope the message gets out to gun toting assholes intent on shooting someone, if you kill someone because you "thought you saw a gun", you are going to stand trial if you were wrong about the gun.

Does this also hold true for Police Officers who "thought they saw a gun"?
If so, what has to occur prior to being able to use a gun?

We're not talking about Zimmerman; we're talking about Dunn. Dunn was charged and tried for murder 1: there were reasons that I and the DA have already stated. There was a mistrial: will they try him again? I think they should: the man acted with malice which covers the cold blood argument. There were no weapons pointed at him, nor was he under physical danger at the time. He therefore brandished a gun; which is a crime and committed murder. He's been convicted twice of second degree murder. If the DA decides that there is enough evidence to try him again, then she will. So you're pretty much all the way around on this one. Adn since Dunn was under no physical threat of any kind, the word Zimmerman will likely not enter into it.

And you have yet to show how this fits a murder 1 charge with premeditation and cold blooded.

Does this also hold true for Police Officers who "thought they saw a gun"?
If so, what has to occur prior to being able to use a gun?

It should.

I think that most police departments have protocol on when you can use deadly force. I don't know what that protocol is but Im sure its easy to find. Police are technically required to follow the same laws as civilians, but we all know that DA's give them leeway. Here in Palm Beach County the DA would personally review all police shooting cases. Generally an elected DA needs the police union's support to get elected... so you can guess how that works.

Again, you expect answers from me while you ignore my requests for proof.

Still no sign of DY manning up and honestly attempting to answer even a simple request.

I gave you plenty of evidence acceptable by any reasonable jurist, Zippy, but then you said this: "You haven't answered it to my satisfaction and that is all that matters."

nra-hate-stand_5.gif

Isn't it strange that backwards, racist states like Florida encourage you to carry guns,
and when there's a fight, they tell you "Don't run away - stay your ground! Fire!"

I gave you plenty of evidence acceptable by any reasonable jurist, Zippy, but then you said this: "You haven't answered it to my satisfaction and that is all that matters."

No, you did nothing of the sort.

I got the same petty taunts, obfuscation and derision.

Back