How's Obamacare working out for ya?

How's Obamacare treating you so far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Althea is rarely correct, and you are almost never correct.

The question was, how is Obamacare treating you so far? Can you answer that question without parroting your own talking points?

I'm the recipient of 100% free healthcare, including meds. From a single payer government health care system that's been recognized as the best available in America.

Now what was your question?

I'm the recipient of 100% free healthcare, including meds. From a single payer government health care system that's been recognized as the best available in America.

Now what was your question?

The question is why have you shamed your parents to the point they don't even mention they have a son

Wrong again, Deez/Galt/etc.

http://reason.com/blog/2013/03/19/obamacares-free-preventive-services-aren

http://www.hhs.gov/news/press/2013pres/03/20130318a.html

"Free" preventative care is a Deathcare provision, paid for by those paying their own premiums.
Right, Stargazer, Minty, Mintymadcow.

I see you're still relying on blogs for your citation. Nice try. From your nonsensical blog:

For preventive services to have the largest benefits relative to costs, the CBO explained, the prevention efforts need to be narrowly targeted at only a few people who are likely to develop a particular ailment. The HHS claim that 105 million people took advantage of ObamaCare’s “free” services suggests that there was not much targeting involved. Instead, the law took a broad-brush approach that likely raised insurance premiums for many and perhaps most of the individuals affected. But I suppose “Affordable Care Act shifts costs and raises premiums for 71 million Americans with private health insurance” doesn’t make quite as good a press release

This is the closing to a blog that some moron like yourself offered as fact.

An annual checkup that does bloodwork, bloodpressure, and other simple tests saves insurance company millions of dollars down the road, and they're happy to supply it. The topic is how people like the ACA. So far, many love it.

The majority of premium increases are due to unregulated states allowing insurance companies to profiteer while they can.

Why the fuck are you trolling? You're just insulting peoples intelligence. Hell even a third grade graduate of an Alabama public school knows that covering preventative care pays for it self by preventing or detecting chronic conditions before they become acute and end up costing all consumers far, far, far more than the cost for prenatal care, general physicals, cancer screenings, heart screenings, etc, etc.

In fact it goes without saying that covering preventative care saves health service and insurance companies substantial sums, as well as, going a long way towards reducing overall cost in the system and not to mention the humanity of improving health outcomes and quality of life for vast numbers of peoples.

That's pretty well all common sense and common knowledge.....but I forgot......people like you never mastered 2nd grade Alabama math so you need to have it explained to you.

The retards don't understand that once Obamacare's implemented, the insurance companies cannot charge for these services, that's why they're jacking up all the rates they can now.

The President and Democrats in Congress wanted a freeze on all price increases while the program was being implemented, the Republicans in Congress, backed by the health insurers and hospitals, refused.

Fact is, if Congress had passed what was originally envisioned we wouldn't be having this discussion and the insurers wouldn't have our national balls in their greedy little hands.

Either ignore her, or get used to it. She fled another board because she was forced to hold up her end of a bet on the election. She came here as Stargazer, and returned home when her punishment was over.
She initially brought her sidekick here, whose username I forgot. We call him Dogshit at the other place. He starts the threads that whine about the NFL rule changes.

I see now she needs another account, but that's protocol here.

Watch as she makes an ass of herself, and then tries to move the goalposts.

It started with 'insurance companies DON'T want to provide free preventive care"

To

"What makes you think the doctor doesn't get paid?"

She gets her ass kicked everywhere she goes. You guys can either continue to punish her, or ignore her.

I see you're still relying on blogs for your citation. Nice try. From your nonsensical blog:

An annual checkup that does bloodwork, bloodpressure, and other simple tests saves insurance company millions of dollars down the road, and they're happy to supply it. The topic is how people like the ACA. So far, many love it.

The majority of premium increases are due to unregulated states allowing insurance companies to profiteer while they can.

There is zero scientific evidence to back up what you say.

Care to explain where the funding for 'free' preventative care comes from, Smarmy? Cuz it sho nuff ain't 'free'

Yeah, I didn't think so. :thup:

Either ignore her, or get used to it. She fled another board because she was forced to hold up her end of a bet on the election. She came here as Stargazer, and returned home when her punishment was over.
She initially brought her sidekick here, whose username I forgot. We call him Dogshit at the other place. He starts the threads that whine about the NFL rule changes.

It started with 'insurance companies DON'T want to provide free preventive care"

To

She gets her ass kicked everywhere she goes. You guys can either continue to punish her, or ignore her.
Awwww, still carrying the torch for your butthurt widdle Inbred friend who was completely obsessed with me. No bet was enforced for the chromosome deficient Inbred. The Admin, Moby told them to get bent and my ID was restored. He said it was not their job to enforce cyber bets and act as board mommies. Ouch, you know that stung.

Inbred illiterate became maniacally obsessed at that point, even following me to this board. Now, his obsesso trolling days are over and it's great to no longer have a stalker troll. That fifth grade drop-out is so damn stupid he can barely spell cat.

Needs another account? Nope. I changed my username which is an option here, Smarmy. I guess you were too dense to figure that out, no wonder you are butt-buddies with an illiterate, obsessive fifth grade drop-out. Dense calls to dense like ships in the night.

You're a notorious liar, evidenced here. My claim is that free preventative care is funded by increased premiums. That's a fact you cannot dispute. Try again, Smarmy. I've owned your ass on other boards, this one is no different.

To

Wow... She really does have people who troll her from site to site... How sad is that? You really need a life.

Newsflash, Zippy. Obamacare isn't what the president wanted. It's all the idiot republicans in congress would agree to. Therein lies the failure.

Oh I know!

Obama tried and tried and tried to get the obstructionist Righties to agree to some compromises, but in true hateful Rightie form and because the insurance industry is in the Republican's back pockets, they just ignored his attempts and gave the insurance company CEO's exactly what they wanted.

Strawman....I guess that's all you have when you don't understand arithmetic. First no one ever said Doctors had to pay for our preventative care but you and you are divorced from reality. Second all available data demonstrates resoundingly that preventative care improves both outcomes and costs. Didn't they teach you this kind of basic arithmetic from the grade school you dropped out of?

He's just playing the role of another disingenuous Tightie Rightie feigning ignorance.

OF COURSE free preventative care saves money down the line.

Let's just say for example someone goes to his doctor with slight abdominal pain. Nothing serious or anything, just a little sore. After visiting the doctor, it is determined the guy has COLON CANCER...CANCER he never would have discovered if he hadn't gone in for a preventative checkup.

Finding the cancer early saves the man HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN BILLS...and THAT is how preventative care saves money...not that a partisan hack like the Fruity Tulip will admit as much...but hey!

Awwww, still carrying the torch for your butthurt widdle Inbred friend who was completely obsessed with me. No bet was enforced for the chromosome deficient Inbred. The Admin, Moby told them to get bent and my ID was restored. He said it was not their job to enforce cyber bets and act as board mommies. Ouch, you know that stung.

Inbred illiterate became maniacally obsessed at that point, even following me to this board. Now, his obsesso trolling days are over and it's great to no longer have a stalker troll. That fifth grade drop-out is so damn stupid he can barely spell cat.

Needs another account? Nope. I changed my username which is an option here, Smarmy. I guess you were too dense to figure that out, no wonder you are butt-buddies with an illiterate, obsessive fifth grade drop-out. Dense calls to dense like ships in the night.

You're a notorious liar, evidenced here. My claim is that free preventative care is funded by increased premiums. That's a fact you cannot dispute. Try again, Smarmy. I've owned your ass on other boards, this one is no different.

how bout that?

ANOTHER two-faced Tightie Rightie who makes a bet, then welshes on said bet when she loses...AND gets her friends to do the same.

Once again...it's just further proof you can't trust your garden variety Rightie.

They will lie, they will whine, they will pout, they will rage, but they absolutely WILL NOT pay up when they lose a bet...ROTFLMAO!!

Care to explain where the funding for 'free' preventative care comes from, Smarmy? Cuz it sho nuff ain't 'free'

"where's the money coming from for free preventative care..."

This little Rightie is like a broken record...all she's got is the same bullshit little chant.

I guess when you ignore facts and actual information and rely on the usual hateful Rightie Blogs, one winds up quoting nonsense like:

Poor, poor MintyFresh.

Well, the blogs you offer sure don't offer anything of value.

Because I know you for years, and your comprehension issues are evident, I'll type very slowly....

Preventive checkups are provided at no extra charge to the patient. In essence, they're free to the insured.

By doing this, patients are more likely to have annual physicals, and this is good for both the patient, as well as the insurer.

Now, if you still don't understand, I can't help you.

He's just playing the role of another disingenuous Tightie Rightie feigning ignorance.

OF COURSE free preventative care saves money down the line.

Let's just say for example someone goes to his doctor with slight abdominal pain. Nothing serious or anything, just a little sore. After visiting the doctor, it is determined the guy has COLON CANCER...CANCER he never would have discovered if he hadn't gone in for a preventative checkup.

Finding the cancer early saves the man HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN BILLS...and THAT is how preventative care saves money...not that a partisan hack like the Fruity Tulip will admit as much...but hey!
Yes...that's certainly one scenario.

What we'll see more often than that, is lifesaving treatments for the silent killers....Blood Pressure and Diabetes. It costs virtually nothing to diagnose these two. The data on the number of deaths, or serious health issues for these conditions is readily available.

You just won't find said data in some right wing blog.

This little Rightie is like a broken record...all she's got is the same bullshit little chant.

I guess when you ignore facts and actual information and rely on the usual hateful Rightie Blogs, one winds up quoting nonsense like:

Poor, poor MintyFresh.

So, you do not have an answer....

Wow... She really does have people who troll her from site to site... How sad is that? You really need a life.
Another with reading comp issues?

She came here when she was disgraced elsewhere. It was classic. Of course, she's typically considered 'learning disabled' so some of us go a little easier on her than others do.

Now go check the chronology of this thread, and then check join dates, and see who the troll is.

Let me know if you need any help with that.

Another with reading comp issues?

She came here when she was disgraced elsewhere. It was classic. Of course, she's typically considered 'learning disabled' so some of us go a little easier on her than others do.

Now go check the chronology of this thread, and then check join dates, and see who the troll is.

Let me know if you need any help with that.
And don't forget to check your own join date. I see she needed help. She should've brought someone with a modicum of intelligence

Back