I can't believe I beat Desh to this....

The Wall Street Journal Opinion Page is a stinking cesspool, particularly the unsigned editorials. You would be well-advised to ignore much of what appears there.

My jaw honestly drops when I read it because it's such awful conservative garbage.

Has it always been this bad? Or is it just since the buyout?

It was lazy and non-responsive. But again, I think it is as complex as you have been lately and thank you for your contribution.

You're quite welcome. In the future though, don't post silly bullshit and rumor (finding ballots in cars) and draw dumbass conclusions based on that bullshit (we may never really know what happened in Minnesota).

Besides having a libertarian/conservative bent what problem do you have with the Journal's editorial section?

It is a cesspool. I can stand George Will, who's a fiscal conservative. I can't tolerate the Wall Street Journal editorial because it's just a steaming pile of shit.

It isn't moveon.moron or commondreams.hacks so it obviously must not be 'quality'

Have I ever SAID that those were quality opinions?

I may read them whenever I want someone to pander to my emotional side, and WSJ pretty much serves that same purpose for conservatives. But as far as facts and quality goes, it's shit.

Please provide those polls you speak of, because the polls I saw had them damn near even going into the election.

Side note... nice attempt at a diversion.

Second... I already stated, I think people voted for Stevens assuming he was going to step down and be replaced by another Rep, rather than voting for a Dem with whom they do not agree politically.

After the conviction both Don Young and Stevens were massively behind in the polls. This is one of the biggest turnarounds in polling history. It's impossible, there was almost certainly a large amount of fraud in Alaska.

You really are a tool. I didn't say it was fraud you moron... I said it was suspicious that all of the adjustments were in Frankens favor.

As for AK...

1) The Rasmussen poll in AK was done almost a week before the election and included approx. 4% undecided which coupled with the margin of error could explain the result.

2) I think the more likely reason is that once convicted (which occured one day before this poll was released) people assumed Stevens would be stepping down if elected and replaced by another Rep. Given that AK leans right, it is not that tough to jusitify that people would rather be represented by a Rep (other than Stevens) than by a Dem (who doesn't share their political views)

3) The only poll that had Stevens down 20% was the one conducted by the shills for Dailykos.

The Democrat does represent Alaskan views better than social conservative monsters like Stevens.

You're quite welcome. In the future though, don't post silly bullshit and rumor (finding ballots in cars) and draw dumbass conclusions based on that bullshit (we may never really know what happened in Minnesota).
Finding ballots in cars was not a "silly rumor". It is what happened. And what I believe will continue to happen until they have enough "votes" in order for their candidate to win.

"Oopsie, I forgot those ballots in my car!"

In the future I plan on continuing to post my opinion, that is what this site is for. You can continue to post your "deep thoughts" as you did in that post previous. At least we know why you named yourself that now.

Finding ballots in cars was not a "silly rumor". It is what happened. And what I believe will continue to happen until they have enough "votes" in order for their candidate to win.

"Oopsie, I forgot those ballots in my car!"

Do you have any evidence at all that ballots were found in cars? If so, please present it with the sourcing. I'd just love to see it.

Douchebag.

Dumbshit.... Rasmussen's final poll had Obama by 6%... he won by 6.5%... no one was closer than that. (though several others had him at 6 or 7 and were thus just as close)

As for the 8 points, again... the poll was done a week before the election, it contained 4% undecided, and was released the day after the conviction, which means it likely that most people did not know of the conviction prior to the poll.

But again, great attempt to divert from the discrepancies in MN.

nate silver was closer than that.

Now that was a funny read.

But I want to know if I am misreading #14. It says the Journal estimated we saved a million American casualties by using the bomb. FAIR then says the Journal is wrong and states the official number of casualties. Aren't those two different things?

You are misreading it. Try again.

Do you have any evidence at all that ballots were found in cars? If so, please present it with the sourcing. I'd just love to see it.

Douchebag.
Um...

http://www.startribune.com/politics/34147894.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUgOahccyiUiacyKUnciatkEP7DhU

This is what I am talking about.

Disingenuous freak, aren't you?

Here the Election Director ("Ooopsie, I forgot the ballots") just happened on "forgotten" ballots in her car. Again, I believe such "discoveries" will continue to happen until either somebody on a bench either cries BS, or until they get "just enough" during unending recounts.

Now that was a funny read.

But I want to know if I am misreading #14. It says the Journal estimated we saved a million American casualties by using the bomb. FAIR then says the Journal is wrong and states the official number of casualties. Aren't those two different things?

You are reading it incorrectly. The other number you're reading is the estimate that was done by the chief of staff in 1945. The number the WSJ used (1 million) was pulled out of their ass.

Um...

http://www.startribune.com/politics/34147894.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUgOahccyiUiacyKUnciatkEP7DhU

Here the Election Director ("Ooopsie, I forgot the ballots") just happened on "forgotten" ballots in her car. Again, I believe such "discoveries" will continue to happen until either somebody on a bench either cries BS, or until they get "just enough" during unending recounts.

damo that story in no way says, or claims, or even implies that anyone "just found" any ballots in 'their car".

it says nothing of the sort damo. what are you doing?

You are reading it incorrectly. The other number you're reading is the estimate that was done by the chief of staff in 1945. The number the WSJ used (1 million) was pulled out of their ass.

Do a google search. You can find sites on WWII that state there could have been 1,000,000 casualties. I can't claim to know what is accurate but the 1,000,000 casualties number was not just pulled out of thin air.

damo that story in no way says, or claims, or even implies that anyone "just found" any ballots in 'their car".

it says nothing of the sort damo. what are you doing?
Yes it does.

She simply "forgot" these ballots in her car. It most certainly does say that she found the ballots in her car.

You are being deliberately obtuse. I believe that actions such as finding "forgotten" ballots will continue until either somebody on a bench tells them to quit it. Or until they get "just enough".

It is Bull to pretend that my point is somehow impossible to imagine. It is totally disingenuous to suggest that she didn't find the "forgotten" ballots in her car.

As long as they keep just "finding" ballots that seem to help their own side of a political ballot only, I will continue to suggest that the "finds" are extremely convenient and suggest that we may never know how people actually voted there.

Um...

Try again, asshat. It doesn't say that they were kept in her fucking car. It says that they were not delivered. Here, I'll quote it in full for you:

A Ramsey County judge on Saturday denied a bid by lawyers representing U.S. Sen. Norm Coleman's campaign to delay the opening of 32 absentee ballots from Minneapolis.

The request touched off a fresh war of words in a Senate race where 221 votes separate Republican Coleman and DFLer Al Franken in unofficial tallies.

The 32 Minneapolis ballots were part of the normal delivery of absentee ballots late in the polling day, according to Election Director Cindy Reichert.

She said they were retained when they couldn't be delivered because some polling places had shut down for the day. She said the ballots were kept sealed until other election duties were completed and were being counted Saturday afternoon, with results to be delivered to the state on Monday.

However, the Coleman campaign contended that the integrity of the ballots "is in serious doubt." Its argument for a temporary restraining order was dismissed on jurisdictional grounds by Kathleen Gearin, chief district court judge in Ramsey County.

The Franken campaign accused Coleman of a "Saturday morning sneak attack" intended to short-circuit the counting of ballots. But Coleman's campaign said it merely wanted to delay the opening until it could be assured in a future hearing that the ballots were in the continuous possession of election officials.

Please bold the portion that says that the ballots were found in her car. Take your time, please.

Of course, you could just be honest and say that the Coleman campaign is the only source of this unsubstantiated rumor from stories like this one:

A judge ruled Saturday that 32 new absentee ballots will be counted in the race for U.S. Senate.

Coleman's campaign learned of the new ballots Friday night after a phone call from Minneapolis elections director Cynthia Reichert.

"We were actually told they had been riding around in her car for several days, which raised all kinds of integrity questions," said Coleman's attorney, Fritz Knaak.

On Saturday, Coleman's campaign asked Ramsey County Chief Judge Kathleen Gearin to issue a temporary restraining order regarding the counting of the ballots.
Gearin denied the request because of a lack of jurisdiction.

Franken's campaign spokesman Andy Barr called it "a Saturday sneak attack" spurred by concern Franken was gaining ground.

Coleman has no plans to contest the results.

The Minnesota secretary of state's office most recent tally had Coleman 221 votes ahead of Franken.

http://ksax.com/article/stories/S653106.shtml?cat=10230

Please also note that the Coleman campaign ran into court to prevent these ballots from being counted on this basis and the judge denied their request.

Yes it does.

She simply "forgot" these ballots in her car. It most certainly does say that she found the ballots in her car.

You are being deliberately obtuse.

Huh? I'm going to post the story right here. Please, anyone who can bold the part that Damo is pointing out, do so. It is possible i have caught someting from cawacko?

A Ramsey County judge on Saturday denied a bid by lawyers representing U.S. Sen. Norm Coleman's campaign to delay the opening of 32 absentee ballots from Minneapolis.

The request touched off a fresh war of words in a Senate race where 221 votes separate Republican Coleman and DFLer Al Franken in unofficial tallies.

The 32 Minneapolis ballots were part of the normal delivery of absentee ballots late in the polling day, according to Election Director Cindy Reichert.

She said they were retained when they couldn't be delivered because some polling places had shut down for the day. She said the ballots were kept sealed until other election duties were completed and were being counted Saturday afternoon, with results to be delivered to the state on Monday.

However, the Coleman campaign contended that the integrity of the ballots "is in serious doubt." Its argument for a temporary restraining order was dismissed on jurisdictional grounds by Kathleen Gearin, chief district court judge in Ramsey County.

The Franken campaign accused Coleman of a "Saturday morning sneak attack" intended to short-circuit the counting of ballots. But Coleman's campaign said it merely wanted to delay the opening until it could be assured in a future hearing that the ballots were in the continuous possession of election officials.

Back