I can't believe I beat Desh to this....

Huh? I'm going to post the story right here. Please, anyone who can bold the part that Damo is pointing out, do so. It is possible i have caught someting from cawacko?

A Ramsey County judge on Saturday denied a bid by lawyers representing U.S. Sen. Norm Coleman's campaign to delay the opening of 32 absentee ballots from Minneapolis.

The request touched off a fresh war of words in a Senate race where 221 votes separate Republican Coleman and DFLer Al Franken in unofficial tallies.

The 32 Minneapolis ballots were part of the normal delivery of absentee ballots late in the polling day, according to Election Director Cindy Reichert.

She said they were retained when they couldn't be delivered because some polling places had shut down for the day. She said the ballots were kept sealed until other election duties were completed and were being counted Saturday afternoon, with results to be delivered to the state on Monday.

However, the Coleman campaign contended that the integrity of the ballots "is in serious doubt." Its argument for a temporary restraining order was dismissed on jurisdictional grounds by Kathleen Gearin, chief district court judge in Ramsey County.

The Franken campaign accused Coleman of a "Saturday morning sneak attack" intended to short-circuit the counting of ballots. But Coleman's campaign said it merely wanted to delay the opening until it could be assured in a future hearing that the ballots were in the continuous possession of election officials.

I read it and didn't see it either. I just figured I missed it. Yeah, I can read!

Now that was a funny read.

But I want to know if I am misreading #14. It says the Journal estimated we saved a million American casualties by using the bomb. FAIR then says the Journal is wrong and states the official number of casualties. Aren't those two different things?

It is doubtful that we would have saved more lives by dropping the bomb than doing a straight invasion or seeking a reasonable surrender.

And anyway, even the bomb would have saved more lives murdering civilians is wrong, and so we should always err on the side that doesn't require an evil action on our part to be made, because evil means are far worse and should be weighted for more strongly than bad consequences.

Last edited:
Huh? I'm going to post the story right here. Please, anyone who can bold the part that Damo is pointing out, do so. It is possible i have caught someting from cawacko?

A Ramsey County judge on Saturday denied a bid by lawyers representing U.S. Sen. Norm Coleman's campaign to delay the opening of 32 absentee ballots from Minneapolis.

The request touched off a fresh war of words in a Senate race where 221 votes separate Republican Coleman and DFLer Al Franken in unofficial tallies.

The 32 Minneapolis ballots were part of the normal delivery of absentee ballots late in the polling day, according to Election Director Cindy Reichert.

She said they were retained when they couldn't be delivered because some polling places had shut down for the day. She said the ballots were kept sealed until other election duties were completed and were being counted Saturday afternoon, with results to be delivered to the state on Monday.

However, the Coleman campaign contended that the integrity of the ballots "is in serious doubt." Its argument for a temporary restraining order was dismissed on jurisdictional grounds by Kathleen Gearin, chief district court judge in Ramsey County.

The Franken campaign accused Coleman of a "Saturday morning sneak attack" intended to short-circuit the counting of ballots. But Coleman's campaign said it merely wanted to delay the opening until it could be assured in a future hearing that the ballots were in the continuous possession of election officials.
I posted a story that I thought would remind people of just days ago. But then memory is something I should always assume you do not have if it is something you would like to pretend didn't happen.

So, they were told they were "riding around in her car for some days" yet they weren't found in her car?

Come on. That is deliberately obtuse.

http://ksax.com/article/stories/S653106.shtml?cat=10230

Either that or you are arguing that an entire opinion is invalid because you don't like a turn of phrase.

Both are disingenuous rubbish.

I posted a link to the story of the aftermath of this fantastic discovery of 32 ballots hanging around in a car.

So, they were told they were "riding around in her car for some days" yet they weren't found in her car?

Come on. That is deliberately obtuse.

Either that or you are arguing that an entire opinion is invalid because you don't like a turn of phrase.

Both are disingenuous rubbish.

I posted a link to the story of the aftermath of this fantastic discovery of 32 ballots hanging around in a car.

what part of that article that you posted and i copied mentions the word car at all?

did you have a stroke? disingeuous rubbish? Umm, you're making shit up and claiming it's in an article you linked to. and even after three other people have read it and posted it, and said, uh, it's not there, you are still insisting it is.

call a doctor damo, i'm seriously worried.

This part:

"We were actually told they had been riding around in her car for several days, which raised all kinds of integrity questions," said Coleman's attorney, Fritz Knaak.

One more time for the slow.

I posted a story about the aftermath of the discovery. It thought it would be enough to remind even the disingenuous of just a couple days ago. I was wrong.

And again, until people stop them from "discovering" forgotten ballots I believe that they will just keep "discovering" them until they get the result they want.

This part:

which proves what Dh has said - it's a coleman campaign claim. and it further proves that your claim that the article you linked to claiming was evidence of this coleman claim, never said any such thing, which is what i first pointed out and you called me disingenous.

do you realize what you look like there? just stop. you were wrong, just say so.

which proves what Dh has said - it's a coleman campaign claim. and it further proves that your claim that the article you linked to claiming was evidence of this coleman claim, never said any such thing, which is what i first pointed out and you called me disingenous.

do you realize what you look like there? just stop. you were wrong, just say so.
Jesus. Please.

I am not wrong. It is a turn of phrase, then an opinion.

The story that I posted I believed would remind him of what I was speaking of, and again. I believe that "discoveries" of ballots will continue to happen for the reasons and to the point that I described above.

Jesus. Please.

The story that I posted I believed would remind him of what I was speaking of, and again. I believe that "discoveries" of ballots will continue to happen for the reasons and to the point that I described above.

OK damo.

I'm embarrassed for you at this point, so you just continue on. I really want out of this. It's delusional.

Jesus. Please.

Unbelievable.

No wait, it's Damocles we're dealing with. This is to be expected.

He states the most ridiculous things that he barely understands as if they were indisputable fact.
Mmm'kay.

Now this is getting stupid.

Seriously. Other people believed it enough to bring it before a judge who didn't reject it because it was invalid, only for jurisdiction. It's as if you people don't subscribe to any part of reality if it might appear to be slightly in favor of somebody else's opinion. You just consciously ignore things that may be inconvenient even slightly.

Mmm'kay.

Now this is getting stupid.

Seriously. Other people believed it enough to bring it before a judge who didn't reject it because it was invalid, only for jurisdiction. It's as if you people don't subscribe to any part of reality if it might appear to be slightly in favor of somebody else's opinion. You just consciously ignore things that may be inconvenient even slightly.

So now we're being chided for sticking to fact as opposed to rumor and innuendo? And we're supposed to believe the Coleman campaign when they claim that ballots were riding around in a car because they were desperate enough to present that nonsense to a judge? Need I remind you of Berg's lawsuit against Obama?

I agree, this is getting really stupid.

I also would like to point out that the funniest thing about your lecturing posts (and you post them more often than anyone else on the board) is that you write that crap without the slightest hint of irony.

Um...

http://www.startribune.com/politics/34147894.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUgOahccyiUiacyKUnciatkEP7DhU

This is what I am talking about.

Disingenuous freak, aren't you?

Here the Election Director ("Ooopsie, I forgot the ballots") just happened on "forgotten" ballots in her car. Again, I believe such "discoveries" will continue to happen until either somebody on a bench either cries BS, or until they get "just enough" during unending recounts.
This is what I know. If ballots were "left in a car" in the state that was trying to recount ballots and Franken was AHEAD, the screams from Desh would be heard without the aid of any amplification device. If this was something happening in Ohio, Deshes screams would fracture windows across the country. So while I don't know that there is or isn't ballot hanky panky going on, if a democrat suffered due to the leaving of ballots in a car there would be an investigation. And just incase you were all wondering, I want Franken to win.

EDIT: I do though have to ask for someone to please point out where they were found in a car.

Last edited:
oh my, another false rumor the righties got themselves emotionally invested in. what a shock.

And yet they wonder why I say that the Wall Street Journal editorials are full of shit. I called this one without even really reading the editorial within minutes of the original post.

Back