I had a heart attack

That was done within an hour after getting to the hospital

I had a heart attack about 10 years ago, one artery was fully blocked and the other was partially blocked. They stinted the partially blocked artery the following morning and said they couldn't stint the fully blocked artery.

As precaution, keep those nitro pills close by and make sure they are not out of date.

That was done within an hour after getting to the hospital

A major event has to be addressed within 90 minutes to prevent any more damage, or so I was told when I had mine, they gave me 3 stents

According to the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, people have approximately 90 minutes between heart attack onset and getting medical treatment to prevent damage to critical heart tissueinute, door-to-balloon” rule. The “balloon” refers to the catheterization tool that actually opens arteries, which expands (like a balloon) to open the clogged portion of the artery.

Rest and no strenuous stuff

Be well

Last edited:
I had a heart attack about 10 years ago, one artery was fully blocked and the other was partially blocked. They stinted the partially blocked artery the following morning and said they couldn't stint the fully blocked artery.

As precaution, keep those nitro pills close by and make sure they are not out of date.

So did they bypass the fully blocked artery?

Last time I was in an ambulance I told the driver I was allergic to NITRO but he applied it topically anyway.

Didn't help at all since I was suffering from acute renal failure and really pissed me off since the side effects are unbearable to me.

I had to have the Doctor add it to my chart.

Last time I was in an ambulance I told the driver I was allergic to NITRO but he applied it topically anyway.

Didn't help at all since I was suffering from acute renal failure and really pissed me off since the side effects are unbearable to me.

I had to have the Doctor add it to my chart.

Yes, some people are allergic to different drugs. When the GF took me to the hospital, the first thing they did was give me a Nitro pill. If I was allergic, We'd have found out then.
I had my heart attack at work. I drove 45 min. home, had to pull over to empty my stomach shortly after I left at quitting time. I had no chest pains and no pain in my arm.
I called the GF on her way to work, told her to turn around and get me to the hospital E-room because something wasn't right. They put the stint in and left me watch it on TV.

Yes, some people are allergic to different drugs. When the GF took me to the hospital, the first thing they did was give me a Nitro pill. If I was allergic, We'd have found out then.
I had my heart attack at work. I drove 45 min. home, had to pull over to empty my stomach shortly after I left at quitting time. I had no chest pains and no pain in my arm.
I called the GF on her way to work, told her to turn around and get me to the hospital E-room because something wasn't right. They put the stint in and left me watch it on TV.
Amazing medicine these days.
I am living on borrowed time a dozen times over.

I have no nitro pills. Go back to heart doctor on Monday

A major event has to be addressed within 90 minutes to prevent any more damage, or so I was told when I had mine, they gave me 3 stents

According to the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, people have approximately 90 minutes between heart attack onset and getting medical treatment to prevent damage to critical heart tissueinute, door-to-balloon” rule. The “balloon” refers to the catheterization tool that actually opens arteries, which expands (like a balloon) to open the clogged portion of the artery.

Rest and no strenuous stuff

Be well

I plan on going back to work

When I had my heart attack, I had been short of breath for months,a week before I had the left shoulder pain.
For some reason it didn't sink in,I thought my asthma was acting up.

When I had my heart attack, I had been short of breath for months,a week before I had the left shoulder pain.
For some reason it didn't sink in,I thought my asthma was acting up.

My pain was low, like Pancreatitis (yeah, I had that 3 times, and it sucks!) so I thought it might be something I ate.
I drove home laid on the couch and the GF asked if she should take me to the hospital and I said no. So she left for
work and I really felt like shit and called her to get me to the hospital. They wheeled me in fed me 3 nitro pills and
sent me the get scanned. Early the next morning a woman Dr. came in and explained the procedure. She was good,
I watched it on TV.

Back