I Just Adore a Penthouse View

I don't know the New Yorker but the pundits are saying they are Liberal.
Why would they run that cover, when obviously intelligent readers know they are not what's reflected. It's not at all funny or humorous to me.

Its all about hacking, slapping, mudslinging amd bullshit.

Its all about hostilities and lies.

It doesn't matter what the real issues are, because the election is about the realities of a war between political ideologies.

Yep , that is pretty much US politics. And one of the reasons we are going down the tubes.

At least I did not vote for Bush.

Why would they run that cover, when obviously intelligent readers know they are not what's reflected. It's not at all funny or humorous to me.

They ran it as very wry, too-cool-for-you, ironic satire, which is what The New Yorker is all about.

But in my opinion, it perpetuates that stereotype instead. It was a very poor editorial decision.

Last edited:

Its supposed to be a magazine for the intelligent liberal type. I've enjoyed a few articles I have read, but never thought enough of the magazine to go out of my way to get a copy.

They ran it as very dry, too-cool-for-you, ironic satire, which is what The New Yorker is all about.

But in my opinion, it perpetuates that stereotype instead. It was a very poor editorial decision.

If their goal was to support Obama's campaign then I agree with you.

But if their goal was to sell more copies then they seem to have accomplished that pretty well. Can you remember a more discussed cover? The Iwo Jima-Global Warming cover on Time wasn't nearly this controversial.

If their goal was to support Obama's campaign then I agree with you.

But if their goal was to sell more copies then they seem to have accomplished that pretty well. Can you remember a more discussed cover? The Iwo Jima-Global Warming cover on Time wasn't nearly this controversial.

Well, that’s true.

Back