I Just Adore a Penthouse View

She "criticized" Michelle Obama by saying she has always been proud of her country?

Congratulations! You get the Damo “Let’s pretend!” award of the day.

Yeah, she did it twice and it raised eyebrows at the time, because it’s just not done. It’s not what first ladies do. You might not know that, and it might behoove your purposes to pretend otherwise, but that’s why it got attention. It’s not doen.

But Cindy doesn’t let anything stand in the way of what she wants. Not even crippled wives.

“I want that”.

And Johhny wants the White House. When he wanted a congressional seat, Cindy McCain bought it for him.

Now he wants the White House.

“I want that”.

Congratulations! You get the Damo “Let’s pretend!” award of the day.

Yeah, she did it twice and it raised eyebrows at the time, because it’s just not done. It’s not what first ladies do. You might not know that, and it might behoove your purposes to pretend otherwise, but that’s why it got attention. It’s not doen.

But Cindy doesn’t let anything stand in the way of what she wants. Not even crippled wives.

“I want that”.

And Johhny wants the White House. When he wanted a congressional seat, Cindy McCain bought it for him.

Now he wants the White House.

“I want that”.

If First Ladies don't criticise other potential first ladies then it might explain why John Kerry isn't President.

could you have a weaker republican
1. Odds are at least even he'll be dead before the first term if not the election
2. with thier family values pitch - He's a womanizing cheat, and a Keating 5 alumni
3. She's an elitist billionaire with the social acumen of a pit bull on the lose
4. He's a republican who admits to "the economy's not really my thing"

We're can I bet on Obam online???

1. Odds are at least even he'll be dead before the first term if not the election
2. with thier family values pitch - He's a womanizing cheat, and a Keating 5 alumni
3. She's an elitist billionaire with the social acumen of a pit bull on the lose

This is exactly why there is only one thing that can keep Obama out of the White House and The New Yorker cover tells you exactly what that is. It’s also why Republican apologists like Damo and Cawacko have a huge interest in making the case that of course any intelligent person, all things considered, could “choose” McCain as the better choice.

Because they do know the only way McCain can win, and they don’t want to be associated with that kind of thing. So they lie. It’s all a façade. Everyone knows.

Then you add to them, the concern trolls and you have the pretty complete picture.

check out this site...

http://www.intrade.com/

This is exactly why there is only one thing that can keep Obama out of the White House and The New Yorker cover tells you exactly what that is. It’s also why Republican apologists like Damo and Cawacko have a huge interest in making the case that of course any intelligent person, all things considered, could “choose” McCain as the better choice.

Because they do know the only way McCain can win, and they don’t want to be associated with that kind of thing. So they lie. It’s all a façade. Everyone knows.

Then you add to them, the concern trolls and you have the pretty complete picture.

Yeah kinda hard to be above the slime when they are busy apologizing for or minimizing it.

I can easily make an argument about why one would vote for McCain over Obama and it has nothing to do with his religion or his wife.

Yeah right I heard plenty of arguments on why to vote for Bush too.
Or to invade Iraq ?
Or to invest in sub prime ?

Satan always makes his side sound peachy.

:burn:

I could argue either side quite easily. I will probably be voting for Obama unless he says something particularly outrageous before the election. McCain's admission that he knows nothing on the economy will doom him. Bob Barr strikes me as an absolute phony, and I haven't made up my mind about Baldwin. It's likely I will vote for Obama since McCain knows nothing about economics and my favorite third party has elected a flip flopper.

This is Obama's election to lose. McCain has, however, effectively neutralized the Iraq issue with his early and vocal support of the surge. Since the media has treated the surge so favorably, everyone is forced to concede that "things in Iraq are getting better" which takes away some of the issue's spotlight.

If Obama loses, it will be because of this Secret Muslim myth. I've been telling this board for months that you guys don't even begin to understand how pervasive it is. Stop someone on the street and ask them what they think Obama's religion is. These people vote. I wish they didn't, but they do and consequently their opinion is important.

Last edited:
I could argue either side quite easily. I will probably be voting for Obama unless he says something particularly outrageous before the election. McCain's admission that he knows nothing on the economy will doom him.

McCain has, however, effectively neutralized the Iraq issue with his early and vocal support of the surge. Since the media has treated the surge so favorably, everyone is forced to concede that "things in Iraq are getting better" which takes away some of the issue's spotlight.

If Obama loses, it will be because of this Secret Muslim myth. I've been telling this board for months that you guys don't even begin to understand how pervasive it is. Stop someone on the street and ask them what they think Obama's religion is. These people vote. I wish they didn't, but they do and consequently their opinion is important.

No, I do think that it’s important, and I do think that if he loses, that’ll be why. I was shocked at first at the number of people who believe it to be true, but then I reflected on all of the people who believed that Saddam Hussein attacked us on 9/11. And I realized, there is no surprise.

I disagree that McCain has neutralized the Iraq issue. The same media who have been reporting that the surge is a success, are the ones who are making people believe this now. I don’t think it’s true.

It did make it more important than ever for Obama to clearly delineate his position on Iraq from McCain’s. But he did that very well today. He continues with that – and McCain is on the defensive on Iraq.

Yeah kinda hard to be above the slime when they are busy apologizing for or minimizing it.

Kind of funny that Desh makes up a lie and then to call her out on it is somehow attempting to "minimize" what Cindy McCain has done.

I don't think that's considered being a "thinking person" that's called being a hack.

On the surge I don't think McCain has actually done anything other than propose giving the insurgents tens of thousands more targets to shoot at. But the problem is the perception put out by the media that McCain was the "Architect of the Surge" which has reduced violence. This myth serves doubly to hilight his subtle differences with Bush and his perceived command of national security issues.

From where we stand right now, I don't think the election will be the Obama slam dunk that many want it to be. But we are a long way off yet in political time, and it's best not count our chickens before they hatch.

Its all about hacking, slapping, mudslinging amd bullshit.

Its all about hostilities and lies.

It doesn't matter what the real issues are, because the election is about the realities of a war between political ideologies.

On the surge I don't think McCain has actually done anything other than propose giving the insurgents tens of thousands more targets to shoot at. But the problem is the perception put out by the media that McCain was the "Architect of the Surge" which has reduced violence. This myth serves doubly to hilight his subtle differences with Bush and his perceived command of national security issues.

From where we stand right now, I don't think the election will be the Obama slam dunk that many want it to be. But we are a long way off yet in political time, and it's best not count our chickens before they hatch.

I agree.

Back