I was arrested at lunch..

Jarod

Contributor
Well okay, not arrested, but charged with a crime.

I was pulled over for speeding, not a crime but a traffic infraction. The police officer asked me if I had my corrective lenses on, I reported to him that I no longer required them as I have had surgery that corrected my vision.

THe guy gave me a notice to appear in court to face criminal charges for not following the restrictions on my liscense that say I require glasses.

What a joke, I am pissed. I already hired a friend to represent me.

Ive been to the PD to file an official complaint.

Last edited:
Couldn't you just have the restriction lifted and your licence reissued?

Surely patients who've had this procedure have run into this situation before. Why doesn't the institute or clinic or hospital just issue a card stating that you have had the procedure and your vision is now ...... ?

peoples republic of america... where 50k a year cops act like they are your bosses.

I don't what it is like elsewhere, but just yesterday I heard a report that many Orange County California Sheriff Department employees, because of overtime, earn over $100,000.

I don't what it is like elsewhere, but just yesterday I heard a report that many Orange County California Sheriff Department employees, because of overtime, earn over $100,000.

well i could work 2 jobs and make allot more. im talking about standard 40hr work week.. not including ot

Surely patients who've had this procedure have run into this situation before. Why doesn't the institute or clinic or hospital just issue a card stating that you have had the procedure and your vision is now ...... ?

Yep and I will bet he was reminded to do that if applicable in a paper or something the surgeon gave him. Lawyers....

I have not had the surgery but could tell the officer the same thing if he pulled me over and saw I was restricted to corrective lenses, but was not wearing them.

Jarod dropped the ball and is paying the price.

Yes, I could have had the restriction lifted, I just never thought about it. But is that a reason to charge me with a crime?

Yep and I will bet he was reminded to do that if applicable in a paper or something the surgeon gave him. Lawyers....

I have not had the surgery but could tell the officer the same thing if he pulled me over and saw I was restricted to corrective lenses, but was not wearing them.

Jarod dropped the ball and is paying the price.

I was not reminded, never thought of it to tell you the truth.

So you think I should have been charged with a crime?

I would have submitted to a simple eye test on the spot to prove I can see!

Yes, I could have had the restriction lifted, I just never thought about it. But is that a reason to charge me with a crime?

Just get a statement from your eye DR. and take it to court. At worst you will have to pay for a new liscence and court costs. the price for not taking care of business.

sheesh, having to give legal advise to a lawyer :rolleyes:

Just get a statement from your eye DR. and take it to court. At worst you will have to pay for a new liscence and court costs. the price for not taking care of business.

I cant belive you think this to be a legit use of our governmetns police power!

sheesh, having to give legal advise to a lawyer :rolleyes:

Ill do that, but I still am truely OUTRAGED (are you happy Damo) that I was charged with a CRIME because of this...

I was pulled over for speeding, not a crime but a traffic infraction. The police officer asked me if I had my corrective lenses on, I reported to him that I no longer required them as I have had surgery that corrected my vision.

THe guy gave me a notice to appear in court to face criminal charges for not following the restrictions on my liscense that say I require glasses.

Why should you be pissed?

The cop was just doing his job. Unless you provided evidence to show that you had corrective surgery. Then I could understand it.

Next time, don't speed and you won't be put through this tragic injustice

I was told I was lucky by the officer because he could have taken me to Jail as it technically is a crime. I would have had seen a judge in the morning and post bond to get out!

Why should you be pissed?

The cop was just doing his job. Unless you provided evidence to show that you had corrective surgery. Then I could understand it.

Next time, don't speed and you won't be put through this tragic injustice

I think its crazy to charge someone with a crime... All the guy had to do was ask me to read a chart or something.

You should have said "yes" when he asked if you had corrective lenses on. You did, it was called your cornea.

I think its crazy to charge someone with a crime... All the guy had to do was ask me to read a chart or something.

yeah, because they are carrying eye charts with them. Please. Quit your whining, go into court with documentation showing your surgery to the DA or Asst DA and you will be done.

It is like driving without proof of insurance. Their job is to give you a ticket and then if you have proof (say at home) then you take it in and they get rid of the ticket.

Cops are not qualified or trained to give vision tests, unless they work in DMV liscence office. I guess they could all pack that machine around in their car ;)

yeah, because they are carrying eye charts with them. Please. Quit your whining, go into court with documentation showing your surgery to the DA or Asst DA and you will be done.

It is like driving without proof of insurance. Their job is to give you a ticket and then if you have proof (say at home) then you take it in and they get rid of the ticket.

But, they issue a citation for a traffic infraction with the insurance deal. I was charged with a crime, required court appeance. I cant belive how abusive the government has become. This is unreasonable.

Back