I was arrested at lunch..

Cops are not qualified or trained to give vision tests, unless they work in DMV liscence office. I guess they could all pack that machine around in their car ;)

Come on it does not take a rocket scientist to tell if someone can see well enough to drive or not!

I think we are really getting WAY overregulated in our personal lives.

How dare a policeman do his job .... doesn't he know you're "special"....

a special asshole that is...

I think its crazy to charge someone with a crime... All the guy had to do was ask me to read a chart or something.

Well, I don't think they haul those around with them, do they? It's not exactly a run of the mill occurrence. People who have those restrictions on their licences usually can't see if they don't have their glasses on and that's the end of it. There's really no need for police to carry around eye charts! That's the purview of the DMV, not enforcement. Of all the drivers on the road, few have had the surgery and then been stopped.

Don't you love it, though, that while giving you the ticket the cop told you how lucky you were that he was being a good guy and not doing the worse thing by taking you to jail? :p

Seriously, just submit the proof of surgery and/or retake the eye test and get your licence reissued.

Come on it does not take a rocket scientist to tell if someone can see well enough to drive or not!

I think we are really getting WAY overregulated in our personal lives.

Not in this case. The restriction is to protect other drivers on the road. Someone who can't see is a genuine menace behind the wheel.

Well, I don't think they haul those around with them, do they? It's not exactly a run of the mill occurrence. People who have those restrictions on their licences usually can't see if they don't have their glasses on and that's the end of it. There's really no need for police to carry around eye charts! That's the purview of the DMV, not enforcement. Of all the drivers on the road, few have had the surgery and then been stopped.

Don't you love it, though, that while giving you the ticket the cop told you how lucky you were that he was being a good guy and not doing the worse thing by taking you to jail? :p

Seriously, just submit the proof of surgery and/or retake the eye test and get your licence reissued.

I will, I just resent the governmetn getting that involved in my personal life.

But, they issue a citation for a traffic infraction with the insurance deal. I was charged with a crime, required court appeance. I cant belive how abusive the government has become. This is unreasonable.

unreasonable for the cop to follow the law? It is not his fault that yours was considered a crime. He did his job.

YOU however, did not do yours and now you are blaming this cop for YOUR inaction. Did you or did you not know you had the restriction on your license? Once you had the surgery it is YOUR responsibility to get your license updated. Otherwise you risk ending up in the position you are now in.

Thank you... you have just been lawyered.

Not in this case. The restriction is to protect other drivers on the road. Someone who can't see is a genuine menace behind the wheel.

But I can see, its obvious to anyone who cares to spend three min's looking into it that I can see very well.

unreasonable for the cop to follow the law? It is not his fault that yours was considered a crime. He did his job.

YOU however, did not do yours and now you are blaming this cop for YOUR inaction. Did you or did you not know you had the restriction on your license? Once you had the surgery it is YOUR responsibility to get your license updated. Otherwise you risk ending up in the position you are now in.

Thank you... you have just been lawyered.

That restriction has been on my DL for 21 years, I have never ever thought about it until today.

But I can see, its obvious to anyone who cares to spend three min's looking into it that I can see very well.

That may be, but it's not the cop's job and he's not qualified to make that determination. And if he's wrong and lets a driver go with bad vision, the consequences aren't worth it.

That may be, but it's not the cop's job. And if he's wrong and lets a driver go with bad vision, the consequences aren't worth it.

It is the cops job to do a reasonable investigation prior to citing people for crimes.

Do you really believe this is "overzealous"? I mean, it isn't like he tazed you up good foo'! He didn't pull you over then search through all your books and tell you which titles made you into a "terrorist" or something. He simply asked if you had corrective lenses. I would have said, "Yes."

And you wouldn't have been lying because your corneas became corrective lenses when you got the surgery done.

RU people kidding me? This cop was obviously trying to be a douche.

?? LadyT, Jarod is not olberman now.

btw did he write you a ticket for the speeding Jarod ? If not I hope you tell that to the city council and try and get him fired for not doing his job.

Do you really believe this is "overzealous"? I mean, it isn't like he tazed you up good foo'!

No, but I was charged with a crime. Do you really belive this is a reasonable expendature of tax payer money. To cite a person who can OBVIOUSLY see better than most people.

?? LadyT, Jarod is not olberman now.

btw did he write you a ticket for the speeding Jarod ? If not I hope you tell that to the city council and try and get him fired for not doing his job.

No, I got that citation as well.

Back