I was arrested at lunch..

Did you graduate at the bottom of your Law School? fyi there are no longer moving violation 'infractions'...they are now low grade misdeameanors...and when you signed the citation it clearly states you are not admitting guilt...you were let loose on a OR...as are all who receive these types of citations...you were too lazy to go to the DMV and have your license corrected, now you are crying over spilled milk.../and you hired your friend to represent what...your stupidity?...Now you will pay him plus court costs plus the citation fine!
The citation was based on your current license restrictions...it is not the officers problem it is yours!

You are incorrect about your legal analysis... Her in florida we have a class of violation or infraction that falls below criminal, it is called an infration. It is not punishable by jail, but only a fine and a possable DL suspinson.

The Crime I was cited for is punishable by up to 60 days in Jail. Do you think it is a proper expendature of your tax dollars to prosecute me for this?

Take a day off work to go to court or hire an attorney to go for me. Ultimatly I will get off, but it is a huge waste of money. Do you know how much it costs the governmetn to conduct this hearing I have to go to?

I'm fairly certain that the judge, his or her clerk, the court security officer, the stenographer and prosecutor (or officer) will all be paid regardless of whether a hearing is conducted.

I don't think the officer did anything wrong here and ultimately, while it may be a bit inconvenient for you, you will get off provided you have sufficient documentation that you no longer need corrective lenses.

As an aside, how did you get home? Did the officer let you drive away?

I'm guessing he'll have to pay tons of $$$ in order to avoid some ridiculous amounts of points and/or increase to his insurance. That cop was just raising $ for the town and taking out his hatred on life that day on Alex.

Now, I do not know FL law and I do realize my following example is not exactly the same...

But I got a speeding ticket a couple years ago. I did not have my insurance card with me. Two tickets... one for speeding, one for no insurance.

Day of court... walked in... showed proof of insurance. Dropped. Plea deal on speeding ticket. Done. Court costs were for the speeding ticket. Done.

If it is not that simple in the case of corrective lenses, then ok, he should make an issue of the LAW. But again, the cop did his job. Otherwise what is the point of having restricted licenses at all?

So you are saying that in Florida you cannot walk into the DA's office and drop down evidence of the surgery and get the matter waived before going to court?

Side note... why would you not represent yourself in such a simple OBVIOUS case?

I have a friend who will do this for me for free, I dont want to take a half day off court to do it when this guy will be there anyway. Plus, Abe Lincon said, "a lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client."

Your corneas became your corrective lenses after the surgery. I've stated this several times in this thread. There is no reason why you should tell him you are breaking the law, especially when you weren't.

The cop asks, "Were you wearing your seat belt..."

Your answer should be, "As far as I remember I was." Every single time.

I'm fairly certain that the judge, his or her clerk, the court security officer, the stenographer and prosecutor (or officer) will all be paid regardless of whether a hearing is conducted.

I don't think the officer did anything wrong here and ultimately, while it may be a bit inconvenient for you, you will get off provided you have sufficient documentation that you no longer need corrective lenses.

As an aside, how did you get home? Did the officer let you drive away?

Sure because he knew I could see, he knew I was not a danger to public safety.

Geeez...........!

Take a day off work to go to court or hire an attorney to go for me. Ultimatly I will get off, but it is a huge waste of money. Do you know how much it costs the governmetn to conduct this hearing I have to go to?

Get a grip counselor...go to the court before or on the citation appearance date in municipal court...plead not guilty...a trial date will be set and referred to the DA or CA...go to the DMV...get your license corrected...and when you go to pre-trail with the DA or CA more likely than not he will not prosecute and it will be dissmised...you screwed up and this is the only way to remove the citation from the record...that will be a $100.consultation fee counselor! Get it the mail asap!:cof1:

Now, I do not know FL law and I do realize my following example is not exactly the same...

But I got a speeding ticket a couple years ago. I did not have my insurance card with me. Two tickets... one for speeding, one for no insurance.

Day of court... walked in... showed proof of insurance. Dropped. Plea deal on speeding ticket. Done. Court costs were for the speeding ticket. Done.

If it is not that simple in the case of corrective lenses, then ok, he should make an issue of the LAW. But again, the cop did his job. Otherwise what is the point of having restricted licenses at all?

The guy should have told me to fix my DL. He should have cited me for the speeding, if he felt I was speeding and let me go after asking me to read somethign far away. He could have cited me with an infraction instead of a crime. There were lots of options. We should reserve charging people with crimes for criminals.

I have a friend who will do this for me for free, I dont want to take a half day off court to do it when this guy will be there anyway. Plus, Abe Lincon said, "a lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client."

So you make your friend the one to have a fool for a client instead? Some friend you are.

:rolleyes:

All he had to do was ask me to read the fine print on his citation book from a good distance.

No shit...you really want a cop to determine the quality of a drivers eyesight from reading his citation book ....?

My first impression of you always was that you are a first class asshole and now you confirm it over and over...you gotta be a crackerjack lawyer...make that a chickenshit lawyer....
and anyone that even comes close to agreeing with you on this deserves that asshole designation too...

The guy should have told me to fix my DL. He should have cited me for the speeding, if he felt I was speeding and let me go after asking me to read somethign far away. He could have cited me with an infraction instead of a crime. There were lots of options. We should reserve charging people with crimes for criminals.
Or you should have just said "yes".

Did you break the law? Seems to me there are laws against speeding. You break the law... .CRIMINAL!

:eek:

Your corneas became your corrective lenses after the surgery. I've stated this several times in this thread. There is no reason why you should tell him you are breaking the law, especially when you weren't.

The cop asks, "Were you wearing your seat belt..."

Your answer should be, "As far as I remember I was." Every single time.

I never said I was not wearing corrective lenses, I merely said I do not require them. I like the cornia argument. The judge is a friend of mine... I cant belve what Ive been charged with. I am embarrased to put the judge into the position of finding me guilty or letting me go, infront of this weenie cop.

Back