I was arrested at lunch..

Unless your judges are completely stupid, all you are going to have to do is take in proof of the corrective surgery and he will dismiss it. Better yet go get your licence corrected, show the judge your knew licence, explain that it never occurred to you to change the licence after surgery, and bring a note from your doc. I know I know it is a pain in the ass but absent this you are going to have to pay another lawyer and take time out to go to court on a trial docket. If you REALLY want to work the judge also ask for a deferred adjudiciation on the speeding, offer to purchase a child safety seat for the local women's shelter or some other group in exchange and NONE of this will end up on your record. Calm down, use your training and make this come out for the best.

Damn.............

You are incorrect about your legal analysis... Her in florida we have a class of violation or infraction that falls below criminal, it is called an infration. It is not punishable by jail, but only a fine and a possable DL suspinson.

The Crime I was cited for is punishable by up to 60 days in Jail. Do you think it is a proper expendature of your tax dollars to prosecute me for this?

You are one dense counselor...like I stated 'infractions' in all states are for non-moving violations...your was a 'moving violation'...thus a misdeameanor punishable by jail time and or a fine...

Ya know what I really don't care about all your whinning and denial...pay the fine...forget the advice I gave you...:gives:

Unless your judges are completely stupid, all you are going to have to do is take in proof of the corrective surgery and he will dismiss it. Better yet go get your licence corrected, show the judge your knew licence, explain that it never occurred to you to change the licence after surgery, and bring a note from your doc. I know I know it is a pain in the ass but absent this you are going to have to pay another lawyer and take time out to go to court on a trial docket. If you REALLY want to work the judge also ask for a deferred adjudiciation on the speeding, offer to purchase a child safety seat for the local women's shelter or some other group in exchange and NONE of this will end up on your record. Calm down, use your training and make this come out for the best.
He won't even have to purchase a seat for a women's shelter. Seriously. I wouldn't cry about this one. It's like forgetting to put the proof of insurance in your car, you show it to the DA before the case and they dismiss. That's it.

Funny, but that is exactly what I suggested to him about twenty posts ago. (with regard to getting the restriction part taken care of anyway).

I also find it rather funny that he continues to blame the cop for doing his job.

I have it taken care of, except I think this is terrable, what about those who cant afford to take a day off work to go to the DMV to change the DL then another day to go to Court.

This is a required court apperance, I have ahalf a mind to set it for trial and take up as much of this weenie cops time and the courts time as possable.

I have it taken care of, except I think this is terrable, what about those who cant afford to take a day off work to go to the DMV to change the DL then another day to go to Court.

This is a required court apperance, I have ahalf a mind to set it for trial and take up as much of this weenie cops time and the courts time as possable.

Please stop...I'm starting to tear up..

You are one dense counselor...like I stated 'infractions' in all states are for non-moving violations...your was a 'moving violation'...thus a misdeameanor punishable by jail time and or a fine...

Ya know what I really don't care about all your whinning and denial...pay the fine...forget the advice I gave you...:gives:

You are WRONG, see Florida Statute 316.189(1) plus, the eye deal is a non-moving misdermeanor. Speeding is a moving violation that is a non-criminal infraction.

It makes no difference Damo.........

Your corneas became your corrective lenses after the surgery. I've stated this several times in this thread. There is no reason why you should tell him you are breaking the law, especially when you weren't.

The cop asks, "Were you wearing your seat belt..."

Your answer should be, "As far as I remember I was." Every single time.

The license he presented to the officer stated 'Corrective lenses' this is what the citation was for...:rolleyes:

Your DMV really will take a whole day to change the restriction? Wow, your taxes are WASTED! I'd be suing the local government for mishandling funds.

He won't even have to purchase a seat for a women's shelter. Seriously. I wouldn't cry about this one. It's like forgetting to put the proof of insurance in your car, you show it to the DA before the case and they dismiss. That's it.

I just think its a abuse of the police power of the state. Plus my judicial application askes, "have you ever been charged with a crime?"!

Drunk Driving kills. Driving while you can see perfectly well does not!

the cop was not qualified to make that judgement. In all fairness he should not have let you drive away. I think I will complain to your city council about letting blind lawyers loose on the roads.

Maybe AAA as well.
Tourists need to know these things.

Funny, but that is exactly what I suggested to him about twenty posts ago. (with regard to getting the restriction part taken care of anyway).

I also find it rather funny that he continues to blame the cop for doing his job.

It is not a cops job to arrest people that are not in violation of the spirit of the law. It is a cops job to be reasonable.

I just think its a abuse of the police power of the state. Plus my judicial application askes, "have you ever been charged with a crime?"!
I'll bet it defines it and the boundaries do not include such infractions. You were the one that gave him the evidence. You should start with Amendment 5 infractions by the cop.

And if it gets dismissed that means you were not charged.

Look my bet is 8 times outta 10 the cop would have given you a warning. Who knows how his day had gone and then you of course egged him on by asking him how he felt about being a tool of extortion by the government. I have been stopped NUMEROUS times for speeding. I have had cops do everything from ticket me to give me a warning, but in the last 7 years I have not had to pay a single fine. I have not had a single infraction go on my driving record. There are too many ways to avoid paying tickets and getting infractions on your record. NEVER blow up at a cop, it NEVER helps and in some cases can get you tazed. Be respectful even if you don't feel respect for the cop and then work the system. It is easy if you are calm and rational and even throw in a couple of not so commital mea culpa's.

Good Lord...........

You are WRONG, see Florida Statute 316.189(1) plus, the eye deal is a non-moving misdermeanor. Speeding is a moving violation that is a non-criminal infraction.

Have you ever won a case...?...I seriously doubt it...read your comment above once more...

It is not a cops job to arrest people that are not in violation of the spirit of the law. It is a cops job to be reasonable.
You were in violation. You made it abundantly clear you were not following the requirements listed on your license.

IMO, you were covered, but instead you told him, "I don't require that!"

I'll bet it defines it and the boundaries do not include such infractions. You were the one that gave him the evidence. You should start with Amendment 5 infractions by the cop.

And if it gets dismissed that means you were not charged.

Not true, there is nuthing you can do once charged, its a done deal. You can say it was dismissed, thrown out of court, you were found not guilty... all that, but you were still charged.

Back