If Life Begins at Conception

20th week fetuses can't scream either. An unconscious person can't scream. IE you're a moron appealing to emotion.

You can believe life begins at conception and still be pro choice ya know. It's just one of those gray areas of life which should always carry a certain amount of shame. You do more harm to humanity by damaging the language and dehumanizing live humans.

The fact that they have not, does not change the SCIENTIFIC FACT that an abortion ends a unique human life. The fact that people such as yourself have dehumanized the unborn child to the point that it is acceptable to kill it and pretend it is nothing more than a 'clump of cells' doesn't change the FACT that is a unique innocent human life that you are deliberately ending.

Then why is it okay to take actions which we know are likely to jeopardize these innocent human lives? All because you conveniently deem these deaths natural you evade the willful negligence involved.

I have not even addressed abortions. Abortion is the ending of a pregnancy. Since pregnancy begins at implantation not at conception/fertilization, no abortion is possible during the stage to which I am referring.

Its simply amazing the hoops liberals, ie Democrats, will jump through to justify killing a human being in its earliest stages of development....redefining words and spinning definitions to advance a political agenda....

No more amazing then the hoops pro-lifers jump through to justify the willfully negligent actions that lead to death.

You can believe life begins at conception and still be pro choice ya know. It's just one of those gray areas of life which should always carry a certain amount of shame. You do more harm to humanity by damaging the language and dehumanizing live humans.

Which is why I have been specifically referring to the legal definition of life. What you believe on the science is irrelevant.

Which is why I have been specifically referring to the legal definition of life. What you believe on the science is irrelevant.

If science proves that a fertilized egg is a separate life, then the laws will have to change.

At one time it was legal to kill minorities, women, slaves ect.

What the law says is not always what is right.

If science proves that a fertilized egg is a separate life, then the laws will have to change.
No they won't.

It is wrong to deny an individual the right to control what goes on inside their own body. Abortion should always be legal.

They do not.

And that was backed by science???

Of course not. Criminal law should not prevent one from drinking, smoking, cheating on their gf or wife and a host of other things that may not be "right."

I can (rightly) conclude that a fetus has nothing to do with a human besides the fact that it will develop into one and say that it's OK to abort.

It is funny to hear this debate again and so often but when we grew up age seven was the age of reason, before then if you died anytime after being baptized you went to heaven. If you weren't baptized you went to purgatory. These arguments are similar to how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. The only relevance for me is do we care for living breathing children. Let God sort out all the cells that never made it.

"A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against Polar bears."

It is funny to hear this debate again and so often but when we grew up age seven was the age of reason, before then if you died anytime after being baptized you went to heaven. If you weren't baptized you went to purgatory. These arguments are similar to how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. The only relevance for me is do we care for living breathing children. Let God sort out all the cells that never made it.

"A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against Polar bears."

Sound like a Catholic that didn't quite make it....:)

Science is irrelevant only when you find it convenient to ignore. Flat-Earther...

:D

Seriously though, it is relevant to the topic at hand. The idea is to change the legal definition to include those unprotected. Now one can set an arbitrary time line based on philosophic insistence of "personhood" or one can determine the time that a new life is created scientifically. You describe a world in which definitions cannot change, that they must continue to be what you want them to be. We cannot use new technology that gives us a better view of when and what may be a "person" because it tends to make your argument useless. We know it is alive, regardless of whether the fetus has rights.

I believe that in the future humankind will look back on the 'barbarism' of abortion, with real methods of control available and options other than killing. I wish we could work towards bringing that future more quickly but too many people think on the lines of black and white. Either abortion or not, no other option can exist.

Science is irrelevant only when you find it convenient to ignore. Flat-Earther...

:D

Seriously though, it is relevant to the topic at hand. The idea is to change the legal definition to include those unprotected. Now one can set an arbitrary time line based on philosophic insistence of "personhood" or one can determine the time that a new life is created scientifically. You describe a world in which definitions cannot change, that they must continue to be what you want them to be. We cannot use new technology that gives us a better view of when and what may be a "person" because it tends to make your argument useless. We know it is alive, regardless of whether the fetus has rights.

I believe that in the future humankind will look back on the 'barbarism' of abortion, with real methods of control available and options other than killing. I wish we could work towards bringing that future more quickly but too many people think on the lines of black and white. Either abortion or not, no other option can exist.

How you going to protect all these fertilized eggs?

How you going to protect all these fertilized eggs?
I don't know, nor will we ever if we refuse to try. The goal would be to use them to create a way to allow women to choose to act as an incubator, or to choose to incubate ex utero. So, they'd attempt to incubate them.

Another line that would need to be followed is to create a far more effective birth control so that people also choose when to get pregnant to begin with, regardless of circumstance.

Of course, then I'm talking about something different than abortion that allows women to choose not to be forced to be incubators, so you must ignore the benefit or anything you agree with and make some silly statement now.

Sounds to me like you are talking about extracting them from the female body? Would you enforce this by law?

Sounds to me like you are talking about extracting them from the female body? Would you enforce this by law?
Yeah, everybody would be forced to remove foeti....

:rolleyes:

What rubbish! You enforce the other by law and the result for the woman would be the same. What right do you have to purposefully end a life for your own convenience if there is another option?

Back