If Life Begins at Conception

What you attempt to argue is that the only option is to maintain the status quo. We can't "change a definition" we can't recognize what science shows us and use judgment to change what we do, we can't even begin a process that, in time, would provide a real choice for women. Instead it must only be the option you propound without regard to any information.

What other?

How are you going to protect the many unfertilized eggs that will die?
Abortion is supported by law.

And those unfertilized eggs are not a human life. However, I would assume that with a more efficient contraceptive may come a way to save eggs for later fertilization by choice of the woman. I believe we already have that option for those who wish it.

Now you are just arguing silliness.

There is no enforcement of abortion by law. The woman is neither forced to abort nor is the child aborted by law. They are aborted by their mothers/doctors.

And those unfertilized eggs are not a human life. However, I would assume that with a more efficient contraceptive may come a way to save eggs for later fertilization by choice of the woman.

How would you do that if not by extracting them? That's not feasible enforced by law or as an elective procedure by the woman. A better contraceptive would be to stop egg production altogether.

Really, you seem to believe we will spring into some sort of Star Trek future if only we treat fertilized eggs as life. But that's not likely and in the meantime what are we going to get?

There is no enforcement of abortion by law. The woman is neither forced to abort nor is the child aborted by law. They are aborted by their mothers/doctors.

How would you do that if not by extracting them? That's not feasible enforced by law or as an elective procedure by the woman. A better contraceptive would be to stop egg production altogether.

Really, you seem to believe we will spring into some sort of Star Trek future if only we treat fertilized eggs as life. But that's not likely and in the meantime what are we going to get?
Again, I am not a prognosticator, I do not know what they'll come up with, my guess is it would be something to the effect of holding off effective production so that the woman may choose at a later date to allow it. But they may even make something better.

One thing I know, the only way to maintain the status quo is to reject new ideas because they are new, or they don't fit within the sad little box we always argue.

I am pro-choice and pro-life and do not believe abortion is necessary to allow a choice.

harvested eggs

what about eggs that are harvested for fertilization purposes but not used

what about fertilized eggs used in in vitro procedures that are not implanted

should mankind mess with the whole baby making process

why do we do it? because we can and to hell with the religious input

what about eggs that are harvested for fertilization purposes but not used

what about fertilized eggs used in in vitro procedures that are not implanted

should mankind mess with the whole baby making process

why do we do it? because we can and to hell with the religious input
Eggs are not a human life. If it is decided not to use them, then they won't. Nothing is killed.

What do we do now with those fertilized eggs?

Yes, mankind should "mess" with it. We already do by purposefully killing fetuses, or by interrupting nature with contraceptives. If you are all religious, there is a reason that God gave us the capacity to do such things with knowledge, so that we do not have to continue to choose to kill or choose to incubate as our only options.

Why do we do it? So that those with religious concerns have the ability to make their own choices as well.

I don't know, nor will we ever if we refuse to try. The goal would be to use them to create a way to allow women to choose to act as an incubator, or to choose to incubate ex utero. So, they'd attempt to incubate them.

Another line that would need to be followed is to create a far more effective birth control so that people also choose when to get pregnant to begin with, regardless of circumstance.

Of course, then I'm talking about something different than abortion that allows women to choose not to be forced to be incubators, so you must ignore the benefit or anything you agree with and make some silly statement now.

This is also the same technology to create an army of state raised slaves out of our own genetic material. Yeah. Clone wars!

Right. Star Wars. That was the plan. We'll test them all for mitichlorians and start up our own Jedi too....

:rolleyes:

Well, you are the one who is backing your position with some scifi solution. You fail to answer what we are to do in the meantime? Are we just going to say life begins at conception yet continue to do nothing to protect fertilized eggs until your mythical solution is developed?

Well, you are the one who is backing your position with some scifi solution. You fail to answer what we are to do in the meantime? Are we just going to say life begins at conception yet continue to do nothing to protect fertilized eggs until your mythical solution is developed?
Again, this is in replacement of abortion. The embryo is removed and an attempt is made to save its life rather than take it. Worrying about what is already being dealt with otherwise is a false premise. Those that would be discarded would be treated the same, IMO, this would benefit us because it would advance the technology that would eventually allow for actual choice rather than the false choice of death or forced incubation.

Instead of discarding life we take the opportunity to advance.

Again, this is in replacement of abortion. The embryo is removed and an attempt is made to save its life rather than take it. Worrying about what is already being dealt with otherwise is a false premise. Those that would be discarded would be treated the same, IMO, this would benefit us because it would advance the technology that would eventually allow for actual choice rather than the false choice of death or forced incubation.

Instead of discarding life we take the opportunity to advance.
Yes. Clone wars. Like I said. A state raised army brainwashed from birth. NIIIICE. You can make fun of it in your masony way if you want to. It can't obscure the reality of the truth.

Back