If Your Hair Isn't On Fire

Cancel7

Banned
after you read this, you're really dumb.

And only weeks before the election, I wonder what it is they are expecting? Riots after they steal it??? A terrorist attack that they already have planned to affect it?

Do I sound like Desh? But I never did sound like Desh. That should fucking scare you too. Fucking facists.

Army Unit to Deploy in October for Domestic Operations

Beginning in October, the Army plans to station an active unit inside the United States for the first time to serve as an on-call federal response in times of emergency. The 3rd Infantry Division’s 1st Brigade Combat Team has spent thirty-five of the last sixty months in Iraq, but now the unit is training for domestic operations. The unit will soon be under the day-to-day control of US Army North, the Army service component of Northern Command. The Army Times reports this new mission marks the first time an active unit has been given a dedicated assignment to Northern Command. The paper says the Army unit may be called upon to help with civil unrest and crowd control. The soldiers are learning to use so-called nonlethal weapons designed to subdue unruly or dangerous individuals and crowds.

http://www.democracynow.org/2008/9/22/headlines#10

WTF???

Stationing the army in the USA? Why?

Unless they are expecting a total collapse of our economy and then our society.

And even then, it would only be of any use if the they expect the soldiers to fire on civilians.

Dead serious - I'm arming myself, this month.

Let me know if you need advice on arming yourself. Whether this is what it looks like or not, it wouldn't hurt you to have a means of defending yourself.

What ever happened to Posse Comitatus?

I remember Bush urging congress to pass the legislation that allowed the military to seize control in the aftermath of a natural disastor or terrorist attack. And the bill passed.

But the last I heard those changes were struck down and things were back to the way they were before Bush got elected.

WTF?

WTF???

Stationing the army in the USA? Why?

Unless they are expecting a total collapse of our economy and then our society.

And even then, it would only be of any use if the they expect the soldiers to fire on civilians.

They're expecting "civil unrest". Whether it be over acomplete economic crash and stealing our money to give to 497 billionaires, or whether it's because they are going to steal the election and are expecting riots - look to Mexico, that stolen election, the riots, the putdown of the riots, and the bush involvement in that installaton of his corporate comrade in the Mexican Presidency, to see what you can expect here in less than two months.

And to those who will defend this action, does anyone really expect the power to be relinquished once its gained?

:lmao:

The Sky Is Falling! The Sky Is Falling!

Go read the original article.:Googler:

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/09/army_homeland_090708w/

“If we go in, we’re going in to help American citizens on American soil, to save lives, provide critical life support, help clear debris, restore normalcy and support whatever local agencies need us to do, so it’s kind of a different role,” said Cloutier, who, as the division operations officer on the last rotation, learned of the homeland mission a few months ago while they were still in Iraq.

Training for homeland scenarios has already begun at Fort Stewart and includes specialty tasks such as knowing how to use the “jaws of life” to extract a person from a mangled vehicle; extra medical training for a CBRNE incident; and working with U.S. Forestry Service experts on how to go in with chainsaws and cut and clear trees to clear a road or area.

Yes, I read the original article. And it sounds all well and good. But we are talking about a combat unti being deployed for crowd control within the US.

If you are not alarmed by this, you are not paying attention. I am not the extremist liberal or reactionary that cries and flails about at any bit of news.

But this is not the same as deploying national guard troops. These are regular army troops that have been in combat.

Also, you have only to look at the John Warner Defense Appropriation Act for Fiscal Year 2007 (H.R. 5122.ENR) to see that Bush has already tried to nullify the Posse Comitatus act before.

The bill was passed.

Section 1076 (the section dealing with this subject) was only in the final signed copy of the bill. It was an underhanded way to void the Posse Comitatus Act.

It also gives the president the ability to determine when martial law is to be inacted. And THAT is bullshit.

Would you now characterize yourself as a gun rights advocate?

There are ways she can armed herself without getting a gun. If I am not mistaken she lives in NY, which makes gun ownership notoriously difficult. Or at least handgun ownership notoriously difficult.

There are ways she can armed herself without getting a gun. If I am not mistaken she lives in NY, which makes gun ownership notoriously difficult. Or at least handgun ownership notoriously difficult.

I assume she meant a gun. In fact, I'm sure she did.

What are you thinking? Pea shooter?

So when she promised to arm herself against the overbearing government, you think she meant to buy extra prosthetics?

No, but there are other ways for those who oppose gun ownership or dislike guns. Mace, Tasers, and other non-lethal methods are certainly within the realm of possibility.

She might be able to get a shotgun, but by the time she managed to get the permits and licences to own a handgun in NY she would be ready for retirement.

And unless she is planning to learn to use a serious weapon well, arming herself against combat troops is more suicidal than proactive.

Somehow I can't see Darla learning to field strip an AR-15.

No, but there are other ways for those who oppose gun ownership or dislike guns. Mace, Tasers, and other non-lethal methods are certainly within the realm of possibility.

She might be able to get a shotgun, but by the time she managed to get the permits and licences to own a handgun in NY she would be ready for retirement.

Mace. Just stfu, you moron.

Mace. Just stfu, you moron.

Look nimrod, she lives in NY. Ever try and buy a gun in NY?

On the street she can buy a pistol. Do you think that will help her against armed combat troops (which is what started this topic).

So unless she is planning to learn to use an major weapon and invest serious time and cash into it, she is better of with nonlethal means of arming herself.

The mace and pepper-spray used now are far more intense than those of years ago. Its a viable means if you do not plan to learn to use, and practice with, a real firearm.

Back