If Your Hair Isn't On Fire

The real problem as I see it was that Ruby Ridge and Waco were perpetrated against people that the majority of us "don't like". Randy Weaver and his family were and some still are white supremacists. The Branch Davidian's were religious nuts who thought that Vernon was the return of the Messiah. We were shown only what they wanted us to see of Waco, but when the investigative reports came out, we discovered that not ONE illegal weapon was siezed from the compound. The feds came to Waco looking to make a statement with force. They had no REAL probable cause to be there ( and remember, even the latest attack on "wacked" religious beliefs at the FLDS compound in Texas were without probable cause) and in my opinion the people at Waco were engaged in righteous self defense. The video I watched about Waco was made by a man whose stated purpose was to PROVE the feds were justified and that the Davidians were in the wrong. He found otherwise. Eventually they are going to act against people who are "like us" but by then it will be WAY TOO LATE. In the broadest sense Randy Weaver and his family, and the Branch Davidian's were us. But we have allowed ourselves to be Balkanized. I am even guilty of this. We have to view people, regardless of their religious or political beliefs as "us" or the feds will continue turn the tempature up one degree at a time and like frogs, we will enjoy the water until they have cooked us.

They may be people I disagree with, but I don't dislike them. I would dislike the people they were portrayed to be.

The Weavers were white separatists more than supremists. Its not a huge difference, but far less hostile. They moved away from, what they saw as, a society that they did not want to be a part of.

The entire Waco thing was a debacle of testosterone.

They may be people I disagree with, but I don't dislike them. I would dislike the people they were portrayed to be.

The Weavers were white separatists more than supremists. Its not a huge difference, but far less hostile. They moved away from, what they saw as, a society that they did not want to be a part of.

The entire Waco thing was a debacle of testosterone.

Both were government sanctioned murder....Weaver was set up and Waco was a show of force that killed children over nothing....

Wow you and I actually agree on something now.

I think both of those cases were wrong in ways that people who usually disagree would agree on.

The government used deadly force in ways that were totally unwarranted.

Especially in the Weaver case with the "rules of engagement" that should have been rescinded as soon as the FBI arrived on the scene.

Let me be the third one to ask.....

How did it go for you last night? Were you able to get your car jumpstarted?

No, my husband came to get me when he returned home, and brought the dogs to cheer me up (that was successful!:) ). We'll try to get it started this afternoon; the jumper box didn't work earlier today either.

In the meantime I have some narrow pliers to pull the fuses when I stop, and have ordered a new lever that will be installed next week once this madness here at work is at an end.

Thanks for asking, though. :)

No, my husband came to get me when he returned home, and brought the dogs to cheer me up (that was successful!:) ). We'll try to get it started this afternoon; the jumper box didn't work earlier today either.

In the meantime I have some narrow pliers to pull the fuses when I stop, and have ordered a new lever that will be installed next week once this madness here at work is at an end.

Thanks for asking, though. :)

You should get an acura too

Back