Imagine if Senator Clinton had had this in her past when she was 1st lady!

Show me proof...? Otherwise you are mistaken.
Read his book or listen to his speeches. Don't be so obtuse. Google, Obama Drug Use. Read about how he used it as a teen and had a "long period where I didn't apply myself" as he said to students in NY.

Check out how Rudy defended him for his admission and honesty.

Then google "Candy McCain" and see if you can find one instance other than you silliness that mentions John's wife.

Stop being so disingenuous on this. You are mistaken. Cindy has never gone by Candy. It just gets funnier the more you try to defend your faulty memory.

Read his book or listen to his speeches. Don't be so obtuse. Google, Obama Drug Use. Read about how he used it as a teen and had a "long period where I didn't apply myself" as he said to students in NY.

Check out how Rudy defended him for his admission and honesty.

Then google "Candy McCain" and see if you can find one instance other than you silliness that mentions John's wife.

Stop being so disingenuous on this. You are mistaken. Cindy has never gone by Candy.

But nowhere does it say Sen. Obama was in the United States when he did the drugs.

But nowhere does it say Sen. Obama was in the United States when he did the drugs.
Please. Nowhere does it say he left the US. It is clear that he was. You are being deliberately obtuse and obstinate because you are upset over your mistake. This is petulant and sad. Now I'm feeling sorry for you.

If you cant find it on the internet that he was in the US when he did the drugs, it must not be true.
Sad. I can find on the internet he did it when he was a teen. We know that he lived in the US as a teen and didn't go elsewhere. Yes, he did it as a teen and in the US.

Now, find one instance of somebody other than your sad and faulty memory that mentions Cindy McCain ever going by "Candy" especially since it was clearly in the news enough for you to "remember" it.

Please. Nowhere does it say he left the US. It is clear that he was. You are being deliberately obtuse and obstinate because you are upset over your mistake. This is petulant and sad. Now I'm feeling sorry for you.

I am playing the same game you played yesterday with the candy deal. Just because something is not on the internet does not make it untrue. That is my point.

I agree, it seems that Sen. Obama was in the US when he did the drugs... but there is not evidence of that on the Internet! Does that make it untrue? Does that make you mistaken.

I really would rather be having this discussion with SuperCandy, buy he is not participating right now!

Christ, this thread is a waste of bandwidth.

I certainly hope you all spend as much time discussing Cyndy McCain's charitable and philanthropic pursuits as you do her all too familiar addiction to pain killers.

I think it deserves as more time as Clintons not inhaling one line. You see you would be harping on how telling it was that she stole from a charity to get high if she were a prominent Dem wife.

I think it deserves as more time as Clintons not inhaling one line. You see you would be harping on how telling it was that she stole from a charity to get high if she were a prominent Dem wife.

You're wrong. I don't care. It happens. It's sad. I can't imagine being in so much pain as to require pain killers and then becoming addicted to them. It happens all around the country to people of every persuasion every day. People are human. As for Clinton's not inhaling, I couldn't care less except to say that if you don't inhale, what's the point. Honestly, any present day candidate under the age of 65 who says he hasn't tried drugs of one kind or another is lying. I would have had more respect for, and probably given my vote to, Bill Clinton if he had said, "I smoked pot. I inhaled. I liked it."

You see, I want drugs legalized. All drugs. I don't currently do drugs, but I do not believe it is the government's place to tell us what to do with our bodies.

It’s funny how, in allllll my years on message boards, I have never once come across a Republican, independent, or libertarian who didn’t profess to “not be able to care less” about either Clinton’s drug use, or his sex life.

It makes me wonder if I hallucinated the 1990’s. I mean, nobody cared. And yet…

Hey we agree on most of that Norm.

The thing is I dont care either.

What I dont like is the hypocracy of how the right deals with these issues.

If this were Michelle Obama it would be all over the news.

Its McCains so the news ignores it.

It’s funny how, in allllll my years on message boards, I have never once come across a Republican, independent, or libertarian who didn’t profess to “not be able to care less” about either Clinton’s drug use, or his sex life.

It makes me wonder if I hallucinated the 1990’s. I mean, nobody cared. And yet…

I don't know what to tell you Darla. All I can say is, you didn't know me in the '90s. It was my stance then and it is my stance now. Just as I didn't and don't care about Clinton's smoking dope, I didn't care about him getting a piece or two or three on the side. My only objection stemmed from his lying about it when caught and his parsing of the definition of "is." I certainly don't think it was necessary to impeach the man, it was a waste of both time and money.

Hey we agree on most of that Norm.

The thing is I dont care either.

What I dont like is the hypocracy of how the right deals with these issues.

If this were Michelle Obama it would be all over the news.

Its McCains so the news ignores it.

The hypocrisy on both sides can, at times, be overwhelming and sad. I am far more concerned with the candidates, their positions, their influences, and their character than I am with that of their spouses. The day the office of First Lady or First... what? Dude? Husband? Gentleman? The day that office becomes an elected one is the day I start to care.

If, at some point, some indiscretion from Michelle Obama's past surfaces and becomes an issue in this campaign, I can assure you that I will be right there with you saying it doesn't matter.

I don't know what to tell you Darla. All I can say is, you didn't know me in the '90s. It was my stance then and it is my stance now. Just as I didn't and don't care about Clinton's smoking dope, I didn't care about him getting a piece or two or three on the side. My only objection stemmed from his lying about it when caught and his parsing of the definition of "is." I certainly don't think it was necessary to impeach the man, it was a waste of both time and money.

The hypocrisy on both sides can, at times, be overwhelming and sad. I am far more concerned with the candidates, their positions, their influences, and their character than I am with that of their spouses. The day the office of First Lady or First... what? Dude? Husband? Gentleman? The day that office becomes an elected one is the day I start to care.

If, at some point, some indiscretion from Michelle Obama's past surfaces and becomes an issue in this campaign, I can assure you that I will be right there with you saying it doesn't matter.

I dont care so much that his wife stole illegal drugs from a charity.. I care that McCain used his influence to cover it up!

yeah vcovering for it is one point.

I really dont like that the media ignores shit like this on the R side all the time yet there are fools hwo constantly say the media is liberal.

I dont care so much that his wife stole illegal drugs from a charity.. I care that McCain used his influence to cover it up!

I guess I just can't find it in myself to be as outraged as you find yourself, Jarod.

While it is something I would rather he (or anyone seeking public influence) not have done, especially when you consider his political aspirations, I can understand it from the perspective of a loving husband. There is nothing I wouldn't do for my wife, nothing, if I had it within my power to accomplish. If I could shelter from harm or shame, I would.

From the political perspective, I can't see how his wife's choice to steal painkillers would have hurt him. Especially if they had been honest and upfront about her addiction. Hell, it may have even been a good thing. As we can all see, in the political arena, more specifically that of Presidential politics, nothing remains hidden for long, and, when things surface, they quickly become fodder for your opponents.

I guess I just can't find it in myself to be as outraged as you find yourself, Jarod.

While it is something I would rather he (or anyone seeking public influence) not have done, especially when you consider his political aspirations, I can understand it from the perspective of a loving husband. There is nothing I wouldn't do for my wife, nothing, if I had it within my power to accomplish. If I could shelter from harm or shame, I would.

From the political perspective, I can't see how his wife's choice to steal painkillers would have hurt him. Especially if they had been honest and upfront about her addiction. Hell, it may have even been a good thing. As we can all see, in the political arena, more specifically that of Presidential politics, nothing remains hidden for long, and, when things surface, they quickly become fodder for your opponents.

I am NOT outraged.

I agree I might have been tempted to do the same for my wife. That does not make it right and I am not running for president.

I would hope our president would convense his wife to go pubilc, appologise and move forward.

I just wish the so call "liberal " media treated these cases the same no matter what side of the aisle they occured on.

Back