in a bad economy who wins? Tax increaser or Tax decreaser?

I agree there are some things lacking in education (public and private), but curriculum has changed quite a bit from what you were exposed to. Also...dont you think that some of this is parental responsibility...ie bigmac vs. home-cooked chicken meal?

And back to the original question...I'd take that $500 check anyday.

welcome to the board Meg.

point to consider. MA schools are ranked #2 in the nation and personal health is taught in gym class and personal finance is taught as a side item in home economics.

These need to be cornerstone classes along with Math, English, and Science.

we had a personal economics class my public high school

what was content and how many classes? now a days you need like 2 or 3 years of a second language like Spanish.. So i would assume since personal finance is more important then learning to speak Spanish that you had 2 or 3 years?

point to consider. MA schools are ranked #2 in the nation and personal health is taught in gym class and personal finance is taught as a side item in home economics.

Thanks for the welcome Chap. So maybe MA is ranked #2 in public education (I'd like that source btw), but i find it hard to believe in that MA is still teaching these subjects in such an antiquated manner. Have you sat in the so called classes? Are you sure that every district or area is doing this? Texas is ranked 24 and i know that health is taught separately and it IS a required course. I also know that home economics has been phased out by and personal finance is often lumped in with the required economics class.

Thanks for the welcome Chap. So maybe MA is ranked #2 in public education (I'd like that source btw), but i find it hard to believe in that MA is still teaching these subjects in such an antiquated manner. Have you sat in the so called classes? Are you sure that every district or area is doing this? Texas is ranked 24 and i know that health is taught separately and it IS a required course. I also know that home economics has been phased out by and personal finance is often lumped in with the required economics class.

ranking source:
http://www.morganquitno.com/edrank.htm

Boston curriculum
http://boston.k12.ma.us/teach/curriculum.asp

Last edited:

those were taught in my one room schoolhouse in the hills of eastern KY too. but I am not so sure about now.

I think Phonetics is the reason the younger ones cannot spell.

what was content and how many classes? now a days you need like 2 or 3 years of a second language like Spanish.. So i would assume since personal finance is more important then learning to speak Spanish that you had 2 or 3 years?

Is there some significance in Hillary eating a hot dog? Do you have a problem with people eating in public Chap…or is it just women eating in public?

Is there some significance in Hillary eating a hot dog? Do you have a problem with people eating in public Chap…or is it just women eating in public?

nahh same as having bush looking like a monkey. not everything is based on sex there darla

those were taught in my one room schoolhouse in the hills of eastern KY too. but I am not so sure about now.

I think Phonetics is the reason the younger ones cannot spell.

I can attest to that. lol who came up with that lame idea anyways? same creators of Ebonics?

Ib1, fiscal stimulus did work in the depression.
We aren't even in a recession yet and your calling for more gov spending????

I can attest to that. lol who came up with that lame idea anyways? same creators of Ebonics?

Phonics has its place in a classroom and is a great teaching tool. Keep in mind, however, that it should be use as a supplementation. Memory words are still very important, as well as the basic rules of english spelling and grammar.

Phonics has its place in a classroom and is a great teaching tool. Keep in mind, however, that it should be use as a supplementation. Memory words are still very important, as well as the basic rules of english spelling and grammar.
We used a mixture when I was a child, it worked fantastically. I never read less than 7 grade levels above the grade I was in on any test given.

And this is from a kid who suffered from a form of dyslexia...

I recommend using that as well as pronunciation rules. Writing as well as repetitive reading.... Use all the tools at your disposal to get reading/writing into their brain because without it they are doomed.

We used a mixture when I was a child, it worked fantastically. I never read less than 7 grade levels above the grade I was in on any test given.

And this is from a kid who suffered from a form of dyslexia...

I recommend using that as well as pronunciation rules. Writing as well as repetitive reading.... Use all the tools at your disposal to get reading/writing into their brain because without it they are doomed.

I couldn't agree with you more. The same method was used in my schools too.

wtf.............!

Leave it to darla to turn everything into sexual harrassment and eating disorders...then she crys like a Banishee when she gets spanked...:shock:

Back