In Memoriam - Dixie, Iconic Poster and original p.com crew, passed away 1/22/2018

You people have lousy memories.

actually, it was way overblown.....all he really said was that it was impossible to divide 100 by three and not have a remainder....

Nope! He did not understand the riddle he told (I still remember if you care to hear it) and actually believed equal thirds could not exist. It was explained to him a number of ways and he just could not get it. You made many of the same errors trying to defend it later.

Basically, he could not separate math from base 10 numbers.

He and I had some spirited debates. But he stayed on topic. I don't recall him ever getting personal. I mean, no more than him calling a dumbass or something. And he was usually well prepared.

He almost never failed to call others pinhead. I named one of my fantasy football teams in a board league that.

Another Dixie classic was his claim that Florida was not part of the Confederacy. Also, IIRC, he claimed the USSR was not involved in WWII.

But I have to say something nice now.... I was always amazed at the quality of his fact/logic free writing.

Don't remember anyone named Timshel......but as I see I already have him on ignore I expect I know him from somewhere and wish I didn't......

Don't remember anyone named Timshel......but as I see I already have him on ignore I expect I know him from somewhere and wish I didn't......

Hey lil ditzy! Another classic was when Dixie and his lil buddy here, argued that Social Security was not a government program. Good times!

I just stopped by to see if Grind made it through the pipeline yet.

Second take at something nice without the jerkface asides...

Dixie was frequently willing to discuss and consider ideas with which he did not agree.

Hey lil ditzy! Another classic was when Dixie and his lil buddy here, argued that Social Security was not a government program. Good times!

I just stopped by to see if Grind made it through the pipeline yet.
He might. Grind has been working hard to take Dixie’s place.

Dixie had a true heart guided by deep loyalties that were profoundly principled due his natural tendency towards kindness. He also loved a good argument.

He was a good ear and a solid friend- I lift a glass to your memory my friend!

Another Dixie classic was his claim that Florida was not part of the Confederacy. Also, IIRC, he claimed the USSR was not involved in WWII.

But I have to say something nice now.... I was always amazed at the quality of his fact/logic free writing.

I see the phoney libertarian is back. You still pounding the meth?

Last edited:
Dixie, the iconic jpp.com poster, passed away on Monday 1/22/2018.

For many on this forum Dixie was iconic- we all recall the 1/3 controversy (for those who don't remember, Dixie took the part where 1/3 doesn't exist). In real life Dixie lived a simple life filled with friends and family who shared his love for rock-a-billy/bluegrass music.

He was doing really well with his music these past few years. He put together a regular gig at his home referred to as the Lake House. A summer music series called “on the back deck “. It brought him endless hours of joy.

His last night on this earth was spent with a boyhood friend talking and playing music into the wee hours. He passed unexpectedly in his sleep.

Did we mention he was a huge Roll-Tide fan?

Please be respectful, if you have nothing nice to say, just stay away for a bit.
I've been meaning to get to this thread.

I liked Dixie. I didn't know him very well, as I caught the tail end of his posting days, but I thought he was pretty solid in his views.

And I, along with PMP, was also hoping he'd make his way back to the board.

RIP Dixie.

Back