Is an Obama/Clinton ticket beatable?

Not by John McCain .. even if God was his running mate.

The question is what would Obama/Clinton give us .. and how long would it take for the Clintons to suicide Obama?

Obama Clinton would end our long national tragety and bring the female over 50 vote.

Obama will crush Mcfossil even if he goes with a lesser know like Richarson or Webb.

I'm thinking it will be Obama/Nunn.

They'd crush McCain and they don't need Clinton to do it.

In fact, I think that ticket is strong enough to withstand any Clinton undermining which they will surely do if Hillary isn't on the ticket.

In fact, I think that ticket is strong enough to withstand any Clinton undermining which they will surely do if Hillary isn't on the ticket.

Is Sam Nunn still alive?

Florida is a toss up with Senator Clinton, but a sure loss for Obama.

Clinton/Nelson would surely put Florida into the win catagory for senator Clinton.

That would start them with 147...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/florida.html

Think again. Not that it really matters because Clinton is NOT getting the Dem nomination. But even if she did, the race is tight there. If she went Nelson, McCain could go with Crist and take the state.

Also, do not count out Obama in FL. He may trail McCain there now, but he has not done any active campaigning there yet.

Obama Clinton would end our long national tragety and bring the female over 50 vote.

I have no doubt that they would win .. but what does that give us?

Obama is about change and Clinton is more of the same.

Clinton is a plutocrat and pro-war, Obama is neither.

Do you trust the Clinton's not to try to undermine the efforts at change?

I don't.

I have no doubt that they would win .. but what does that give us?

Obama is about change and Clinton is more of the same.

Clinton is a plutocrat and pro-war, Obama is neither.

Do you trust the Clinton's not to try to undermine the efforts at change?

I don't.

She would be safely tucked away at VP, where she would have no power.

easily beatable.

Hitlery isn't electable in the general. There have been I hate Hillary sites out there for years.

I am back to beliveing the Democrats have this one locked up, even if they fight it out until the convention.

You dont want the nation beliveing its over yet. You dont want to be the front runner at this point.

Nunn is a bit out of date... I would think he would do as well with Biden. Though I imagine you said Nunn given that he is from the south and is more of a moderate.

Is Sam Nunn still alive?

Sam Nunn lines up behind Barack Obama as best equipped to stop political ‘demonizing, dumbing down’

-- excerpt

Based on my conversations with Senator Obama, reading his book and his speeches and seeing the kind of campaign he has run, I believe that he is our best choice to lead our nation. Senator Obama, as evidenced by his words and his deeds, recognizes that:

— We have developed a habit of avoiding the tough decisions and seemingly lost our ability to build consensus to tackle head-on our biggest challenges.

— Demonizing the opposition, oversimplifying the issues, and dumbing down the political debate prevent our country from coming together to make tough decisions and tackle our biggest challenges.

— Solving America’s problems will require difficult choices and sacrifices and leaders capable of considering new ideas from both political parties.

— On foreign policy and security policy, we must recognize that we are not limited to a choice between belligerency and isolation and that we must listen to lead successfully on the key issues facing America and the world.

— Our next president must also recognize that the battle against violent terrorists, while requiring a prudent use of military power, is also a long-term contest of psychology and ideas.

Said Obama on Nunn, in a prepared statement: “Few public servants have done more than Sam Nunn to keep America safe, and I look forward to drawing on his counsel as we work to combat nuclear proliferation and other threats to America’s national security.”

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/sh...008/04/18/sam_nunn_lines_up_behind_barac.html

Nunn is a bit out of date... I would think he would do as well with Biden. Though I imagine you said Nunn given that he is from the south and is more of a moderate.

Exactly, and he brings even more gravitas to the issues of foreign policy and national security than even Biden. He'd also be more attractive to independants and even some republicans.

Sounds like Nunn is on the short list.

Read Nunn's quotes carefully, if you already haven't.

Both he and Obama are saying the exact same things and both recognize that simply demonizing republicans and the right isn't going to get things solved.

Exactly, and he brings even more gravitas to the issues of foreign policy and national security than even Biden. He'd also be more attractive to independants and even some republicans.

Perhaps you are correct. I really hadn't considered Nunn as an option before now. Haven't heard from grampa Nunn in so long that I would probably need a refresher course on where he stands on issues today.

An interesting suggestion though.

Perhaps you are correct. I really hadn't considered Nunn as an option before now. Haven't heard from grampa Nunn in so long that I would probably need a refresher course on where he stands on issues today.

I like the Nunn idea and had not thought of it. One problem is that it might neuturalize the age issue for McCain.

And you've touched on another attractive thing about Nunn .. He's a grandpa, attractive to older Americans against McCain .. and he'll be too old to run for president after Obama .. opening up the opportunity for new leadership.

AND .. he has a history of working across the aisle.

AND .. he and Bloomberg are close politically and socially.

The basis for a new political direction that is not subservient to political party.

And you've touched on another attractive thing about Nunn .. He's a grandpa, attractive to older Americans against McCain .. and he'll be too old to run for president after Obama .. opening up the opportunity for new leadership.

1. AND .. he has a history of working across the aisle.

2. AND .. he and Bloomberg are close politically and socially.

The basis for a new political direction that is not subservient to political party.

# 1 is a good thing to me and # 2 is a terrible thing to me.

Back