Is an Obama/Clinton ticket beatable?

And you've touched on another attractive thing about Nunn .. He's a grandpa, attractive to older Americans against McCain .. and he'll be too old to run for president after Obama .. opening up the opportunity for new leadership.

AND .. he has a history of working across the aisle.

AND .. he and Bloomberg are close politically and socially.

The basis for a new political direction that is not subservient to political party.

yeah, that is why I thought of Biden as a good match for Obama as well. He is not too much younger than Nunn (I think). Like I said, interesting suggestion. I could live with that ticket. Not that I would vote for it, but for the first time in my life I wouldn't be upset were my favored ticket to lose.

# 1 is a good thing to me and # 2 is a terrible thing to me.

I think I understand your point .. however, it's an alliance that America desperately needs to answer the critical question of how to use the two-party system in a way that actually benefits Americans.

We all may have to do a bit of "holding our noses" or attempting to be less critical of relationships formed to serve specific purposes.

I feel ya' though.

I like the Nunn idea and had not thought of it. One problem is that it might neuturalize the age issue for McCain.

That would be a good thing... youth at the head of the ticket with the "wiser older" VP standing behind Obama to provide sage advice etc.... which would offset the "experience" factor.

yeah, that is why I thought of Biden as a good match for Obama as well. He is not too much younger than Nunn (I think). Like I said, interesting suggestion. I could live with that ticket. Not that I would vote for it, but for the first time in my life I wouldn't be upset were my favored ticket to lose.

I'm not suggesting Biden would be a bad choice either, however, I think Nunn puts the 3am call ad to bed forever and he has more cross party appeal than Biden.

If you can live with it .. that's damn near as good as it gets.

:)

That would be a good thing... youth at the head of the ticket with the "wiser older" VP standing behind Obama to provide sage advice etc.... which would offset the "experience" factor.

It did not help in the Dukakis/Benson ticket.

It did not help in the Dukakis/Benson ticket.

I don’t think youth was Dukasis’ problem. Isn’t he the fucking dork who sat on a tank and looked 4 feet tall doing it? Maybe we should run toppy and put him in camouflage and a hard hat.

Dukakis was goofy looking, but come on thats a silly reason to not vote for the more qualified canidate.

Webb is my new favorate for VP. Can the guy deliver Virginia?

Obama/Webb... if they get VA, IL, NY, CA, and a few others America's long national nightmare will finally be over.
You can't do that to VA. Webb Squeaked in as a senator and I don't believe lightening can strike twice in VA.

You can't do that to VA. Webb Squeaked in as a senator and I don't believe lightening can strike twice in VA.

VA is trending Democrat. Virginia has the second Democratic governor in a row, has a Democratic Senator and is about to have two and the state legislature has been trending Democrat for a while with the Democrats taking control of the state Senate in 2006. Virginia is definitely in play and likely to go Democrat.

VA is trending Democrat. Virginia has the second Democratic governor in a row, has a Democratic Senator and is about to have two and the state legislature has been trending Democrat for a while with the Democrats taking control of the state Senate in 2006. Virginia is definitely in play and likely to go Democrat.
I like Webb just where he is. I would like to see him run for president in the next couple of election cycles depending on how this election goes.

I think I understand your point .. however, it's an alliance that America desperately needs to answer the critical question of how to use the two-party system in a way that actually benefits Americans.

We all may have to do a bit of "holding our noses" or attempting to be less critical of relationships formed to serve specific purposes.

I feel ya' though.

you mean.....do what politicians like clintons do??? do i denote a little wind surfing here?

you sounded so strong and firm and ethical and on the higher ground on your other threads regarding why obama is the better person and why clinton is NOT....but now all that is okay....this politicing with the devil is necessary and ok if it serves a purpose for obama????

:pke:

care

*ps am i misunderstanding?

Last edited:
I am of the opinion of Obama took Clinton as his Veep, he'd die in a horrible accident somewhat after January 22, 2011.

Back