Is Dixie a moderate, as he claims?

Naah they will get off light because of America being wussy and the media mostly on their side. We are but sheeple that follow the media.

That's to a large extent true, but not completely so, other wise you and I would not be holding this conversation. So don't lose hope. There are others out there like us though we are greatly out numbered.

Umm what did I miss on you owning Dix 6 beers ?

I bet him a 6 pack of Carolina Blondes (I was living in Charlotte at the time) that Kerry would defeat Bush.

I still can't believe I lost that bet. I welched to. I welched too.

Though now that Bud is now a Belgium/Brazilian beer I may send him a 6 pack of Bud! LOL

Hmmm this gives me a new idea for a thread.

I am coming to Auburn for a game this year, Id take you out for a beer if you were close by.

That's a pretty jaded point of view and an erroneous one. All the major political parties are coalitions of interest groups, often disparate ones, who are willing to either compromise on certain issues in return for a quid pro quo on issues that are important to them. Even extremist in a political party must be willing to compromise on some issues important to them in order to promote the overall goals and interest of that party, that is if that political party wishes to achieve political power.

You're erroneous, jerkwad. Your longwinded description doesn't change the fact that both parties have an asshole agenda.

I knew Dixie lived in Alabama. But he is from Tuscaloosa??

Damn, that makes 3 regulars with ties to T-town.

Threedee, tell us some more irrelevant crap about Andrew Jackson instead of justifying your fundamentally anti-human and elitist mindset. Peztard.

Threedee, tell us some more irrelevant crap about Andrew Jackson instead of justifying your fundamentally anti-human and elitist mindset. Peztard.

We still live in the shadow of the slave owning, Indian killing, economy wrecking, shitty party building, advocate of "the will of the people." So, Old Hickory is still relevant to discuss. He also flat out lied in his Inaugural, claiming that the framers never intended for the EC to override the will of the people in selecting the president (the fact that it exists is proof of the lie).

I find nothing wrong with elitism (Washington, Adams, and Hamilton were all elitists), and if I have to chose between a depraved bunch of mortals and the will of God, I will quickly pick the latter.

Back