Is gun control constitutional? Is it racist? Is it even possible?

Our Second Amendment is clear as to what is Necessary to the security of our free States and it is most certainly not, the unorganized militia as Individuals of the People.

the Illinois right to bear arms is not relevant to the 2nd Amendment. Can you explain how the Bill of Rights has 9 Amendments that specifically refers to the rights of the people, yet somehow the 2nd applies to ONLY your 'well regulated' or government controlled militia????? Because I can cite numerous ratification era comments/quotes that we the people clearly understood that the right to bear arms belongs to all individuals

border enforcement, and a well armed citizenry on the individual level.
Ok. I agree to disagree. The unorganized militia has already proven itself worthless to the security of any of our free States.

That is why This matters: The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

the Illinois right to bear arms is not relevant to the 2nd Amendment. Can you explain how the Bill of Rights has 9 Amendments that specifically refers to the rights of the people, yet somehow the 2nd applies to ONLY your 'well regulated' or government controlled militia????? Because I can cite numerous ratification era comments/quotes that we the people clearly understood that the right to bear arms belongs to all individuals
Yes it is, because our Second Amendment clearly secures that State's sovereign right.

Ok. I agree to disagree. The unorganized militia has already proven itself worthless to the security of any of our free States.

That is why This matters: The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

And there will be a well armed citizenry as another line of defense.

It's good, constitutional, and it's the american way.

And there will be a well armed citizenry as another line of defense.

It's good, constitutional, and it's the american way.
I agree to disagree if our legislators are doing their job.

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

Yes it is, because our Second Amendment clearly secures that State's sovereign right.

US Constitution, Article 1, Section 10, clause 3

"No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay."

sorry, but NO!. As a former resident of Illinois myself, your viewpoint and understanding of the Illinois Constitution is either misguided or purposefully misinterpreted.

I agree to disagree if our legislators are doing their job.

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

and also.... individuals can be armed and see after their own security as well.

it's a two tier system.

US Constitution, Article 1, Section 10, clause 3

"No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay."

sorry, but NO!. As a former resident of Illinois myself, your viewpoint and understanding of the Illinois Constitution is either misguided or purposefully misinterpreted.
Dear, militia are not kept troops. And the organized militia has literal recourse to our Second Amendment.

Well, illinois is gay i guess.
You miss the point about our Second Amendment covering that State's sovereign right. There are no individual terms in our Second Article of Amendment to our federal Constitution.

Thus;

Subject only to the police power, the right of the individual citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. (Illinois State Constitution)

Back