Is killing animals wrong?

How is not the Lion that kills and eats the antelope not as guilty as the man that kills his meat? There is grass and veggies for him to eat also?

How is the Bear that kills the salmon for his delicious meal not guilty of killing another animal for his food when the forrest is full of berries?

The Lion is the King of the Jungle but we are the keepers of the Earth on the whole, including the animals and plants?

on another note, i think the way we produce our animals today, with cloning just recently being allowed... and the way we fertilize eggs nowadays as another example etc...and the way we slaughter our animals in many cases... is inhumane.

But this does not negate that we must eat meat...to expand the brain and i believe I read we need amino acids from meat and some vitamin that can not be reproduced in the B family from any other source, but a "shot" might be available?

I would feel better if all of our meat was killed in the Kosher manner, and I am not Jewish, but this is just how I feel about it...

Care

We are but animals who consider ourselves better than the rest of the animals.

good morning uscit!

i don't see not eating meat as being ''better'' than other animals though....

i don't think eating meat is wrong, i do think that the manner in which we raise some of these these animals, and reproduce some of these animals, and kill some of these animals is enough to make ANYONE a vegetarian!

to me it is MORE humane to kill it face to face in the wild, you against him .....even with the use of a gun or bow and arrow....is more humane than the slaughter house! :(

care

Killing fowl, cows, fish, veal, and other meats I'm used to is okay.

All others is wrong.

How is not the Lion that kills and eats the antelope not as guilty as the man that kills his meat? There is grass and veggies for him to eat also?

How is the Bear that kills the salmon for his delicious meal not guilty of killing another animal for his food when the forrest is full of berries?

The Lion is the King of the Jungle but we are the keepers of the Earth on the whole, including the animals and plants?

on another note, i think the way we produce our animals today, with cloning just recently being allowed... and the way we fertilize eggs nowadays as another example etc...and the way we slaughter our animals in many cases... is inhumane.

But this does not negate that we must eat meat...to expand the brain and i believe I read we need amino acids from meat and some vitamin that can not be reproduced in the B family from any other source, but a "shot" might be available?

I would feel better if all of our meat was killed in the Kosher manner, and I am not Jewish, but this is just how I feel about it...

Care
That's one way.

Another, is to realize that we can work towards a whole new solution.

I believe that the only moral recourse is to work towards synthesized food sources so that no living thing must die to feed us. Until then we must ensure that no living creature is killed for waste.

That's one way.

Another, is to realize that we can work towards a whole new solution.

I believe that the only moral recourse is to work towards synthesized food sources so that no living thing must die to feed us. Until then we must ensure that no living creature is killed for waste.

This hypothesis would not work in nature damo...if the top of the food chain no longer resorted to thinning the population below them...total chaos would erupt in the food chain...over population would result in massive starvation from man down!

This hypothesis would not work in nature damo...if the top of the food chain no longer resorted to thinning the population below them...total chaos would erupt in the food chain...over population would result in massive starvation from man down!
The fact is the "top of the food chain" already moved beyond nature by killing off most of the predator competition.

The reintroduction of natural predation would replace humans in that cycle and allow for the next step in evolution for the next species who would sometime join us in intelligence.

So why is it wrong to kill and eat dogs and cats ?

Putting on helmet and flak jacket.

It's not in Asia and Native Americans killed and ate their pet dogs when food was scarce...thats why they kept them as pets! Hell they even ate thier beloved ponies...when the dogs ran out! Survival of the species always wins in the end...no matter how gross one finds it to be!

Last edited:
That is social ethos. It would not be more wrong to kill either of those animals in order to eat them than any other animal.

Yep all social Ethos ( I think will have to look that up). Anyway it is like I said we are all animals we just THINK we are better than the rest of the species.
And thinks some of the other species are better than others.

Sorry to be the party pooper..........

The fact is the "top of the food chain" already moved beyond nature by killing off most of the predator competition.

The reintroduction of natural predation would replace humans in that cycle and allow for the next step in evolution for the next species who would sometime join us in intelligence.

But a Utopian world is no where near the forceable future!;)

good morning uscit!

i don't see not eating meat as being ''better'' than other animals though....

i don't think eating meat is wrong, i do think that the manner in which we raise some of these these animals, and reproduce some of these animals, and kill some of these animals is enough to make ANYONE a vegetarian!

to me it is MORE humane to kill it face to face in the wild, you against him .....even with the use of a gun or bow and arrow....is more humane than the slaughter house! :(

care

hi c4a

there are more food animals in captivity than not, all that is required to increase a species numbers is to have be deemed good to eat by humans - except when we over harvest it to the extent of genocide

if the hunter is not a good shot, the slaughterhouse is better

we do need to better supervise our slaughter of food animals

as for hunting our own food, who has the time or capability - plus hunting seasons are brief and hunting grounds are far away for most people

damo

nah, too many humans so far

now where i live, there still are predators, but the sissies have the local authorities hunt them down and kill them when they get too close to more populated areas...or schools - we have had mountain lion sightings near the local elementary school - about 1/2 mile from where i live...

oh well

Back