Is my neighbor crazy?

Funny, but I seem to recall that ugly wrinkled head lining up pretty much in the center of that feather target. :)

Well, for the few turkeys I have taken I never even noticed the fan until they were down......I was concentrating on the head.

I'm not much of a turkey hunter though they are delicious.....and distinctly different from tame turkeys. When it is turkey season I am concentrating on the crappie....like right now.

crappie are much tastier than turkeys and lots easier to clean.
btw for those who do not know, everyone I know of only eats the breast of the wild turkey.

Maybe we could make ethanol out of the rest of them ?

crappie are much tastier than turkeys and lots easier to clean.
btw for those who do not know, everyone I know of only eats the breast of the wild turkey.

Maybe we could make ethanol out of the rest of them ?

Most that I know eat them all....but the breast sliced about a quarter of an inch thick and breaded and fried in a skillet is considered the creme de la creme of wild game.

Yeah turkey breast is good, but I still prefer cows and pigs for my red meat.
I do not like bambi much at all. Elk is pretty good.

Yeah turkey breast is good, but I still prefer cows and pigs for my red meat.
I do not like bambi much at all. Elk is pretty good.

Oh man, gotta have my deer meat. I will have to up the harvest to 3 per year as the boy is starting to eat more and more of it. I have plenty of beef from the calf I butcher each year. That along with 2 deer and the little bit of chicken and pork that we buy at the grocery does us pretty well.

I just don't care much for gamey meat.

the only time I have killed any squirrels in years was because they moved into my attic.

they are hell on gardens.
maybe that is why the person that owned and lived on this lot a hundred years ago had all kinds of fencing burried under weeds and wildflowers and wild rosebushes that I found near the huge garden area that he had made a long time ago?

I would imagine the deer and the snowshoe rabbits are pesky things for the garden too?

No animal bothered my tomatoes last year? and the greens and beans and peppers i grew in containers near the deck....

but all kinds of vegies and fruit to go in to it this year, sure hope these creatures don't eat it all....there is alot of hard work to till the damn thing and to deweed it!

Rabbits love lettuce and peas. Groundhogs seem partial to green beans. Racoons corn. Turkeys scratch up about as much as they eat.
Not too many things eat the tomatoes. Box turtles love the fruit of tomatoes though.

electric fence is the key word and just hope a skunk does not get into it :shock:
Saw a groundhog heading into my garden yesterday morning. just ambling along, hit the wire and must have done 45 running away.

Last edited:
Back