Is the Repub party finished?

the preachers were preaching against this in the churches...black and white, mormon and christian.

this is a religion problem.

This is why, when I hear things like "...encroaching on conservative religious values" or people whining about "family values", I want to vomit.

This notion that religious groups should have any pull, any clout or any say in the way the government runs things is ridiculous.

The government is not allowed to have a sponsored religion, and no religion should have any more sway than another.

This is why, when I hear things like "...encroaching on conservative religious values" or people whining about "family values", I want to vomit.

This notion that religious groups should have any pull, any clout or any say in the way the government runs things is ridiculous.

The government is not allowed to have a sponsored religion, and no religion should have any more sway than another.

i agree.

Of course they were preaching against it. According to the Bible (the book that guides most religion in the world) and the Koran (the book that guides the 2nd largest religion in the world) it is an abomination. Preachers preach against homosexuality and abortion all the time. As long as religion exists that isn't going to change.

Of course they were preaching against it. According to the Bible (the book that guides most religion in the world) and the Koran (the book that guides the 2nd largest religion in the world) it is an abomination. Preachers preach against homosexuality and abortion all the time. As long as religion exists that isn't going to change.

Thats just fine with me. If all the churches want to be against homosexuality, that suits me fine.

Its when they want LAWS to back their beliefs that I have a problem.

The US Constitution forbids it, and our founding fathers went to great lengths to avoid it.

Their religious beliefs are not what should determine law.

People who are not of their same religion should not have to live under "their" religious law but their OWN religious beliefs.

This is the whole reasoning behind separation of church and state.

Thats just fine with me. If all the churches want to be against homosexuality, that suits me fine.

Its when they want LAWS to back their beliefs that I have a problem.

The US Constitution forbids it, and our founding fathers went to great lengths to avoid it.

Very well stated and it is exactly how I feel! Keep your small mindedness to the churches and let the law of the land have prevalence!

I definitely think the GOP should kick out the moderates. They need to cater to their base of Evangelicals, hardcore nationalists, anti-abortionists, and other social conservatives. They should abandon economic liberty and end the charade of supporting free market economics and fiscal responsibility.

This way, they can purify their party of any nagging intellectualism and isolate themselves completely. The disaffected economic conservatives will consider joining the Libertarian Party, and the possibility of a big-tent LP takes shape, possibly even becoming a major third party.

You are wrong.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9504E0DD1631F935A15751C0A9649C8B63

It is supported by a large amount of the minority populations. And when did 3 to 5 percent suddenly mean it has to be "extremely" popular? It is supported by a majority of Urban African Americans.

The reality is the group of people vouchers would help the most are the ones being ignored when people begin speaking in support of them.

That's poll noise Damo.

Vouchers aren't a winning issue. Case closed.

I definitely think the GOP should kick out the moderates. They need to cater to their base of Evangelicals, hardcore nationalists, anti-abortionists, and other social conservatives. They should abandon economic liberty and end the charade of supporting free market economics and fiscal responsibility.

This way, they can purify their party of any nagging intellectualism and isolate themselves completely. The disaffected economic conservatives will consider joining the Libertarian Party, and the possibility of a big-tent LP takes shape, possibly even becoming a major third party.

I just don't see a big-tent LP happening.

It's too ideological, and all the members are at the extreme end of that ideology. And, besides, with all the vote splitting conservatives would never be able to win again. In Canada the moderate Progressive Conservatives had a splitoff radical wacko social conservative party called the Reform party, and the Liberals were in power for more than a decade. Now, the Liberals actually did run a fiscally conservative government, and put the Canadian finances back in shape. So it wasn't all bad.

That's poll noise Damo.

Vouchers aren't a winning issue. Case closed.
One more time for those with Canadian Reading Disorders they have caught from CK. (Sorry Said1, not you or Thorn).

I didn't say it would make them suddenly all start voting R, I said it could draw 3 to 5% more than they have been capable in the past. This would be significant.

I honestly don't know. Many of us that have chosen GOP over Libertarian Party says more about the Libertarian candidates than ourselves. If there were motivated people locally to groom some candidates for 2010, then 2012 it's possible to have a good run, of course splitting those votes for a Democrat walk in, regardless of performance. If nothing really bad happens before 2010, it's possible.

In actuality I think the easier road would be if the GOP recognized that there is a serious need to define itself on the issues, not the evangelical pandering they've been doing. Stop slamming the American people. That's just not good politics.

Republicans cannot even bring themselves to say that american workers deserve jobs, and are unwilling to craft policy to protect americans from the effects of slave labor abroad. You can't distance yourself from that policy either. Republicans like you cannot even define themselves. Start close to home, Kat. look in the mirror.

The repubs are not finished unfortunately. The bible says fools , evil persons, and charlatans will be with us till the end of time.

The republican party is not dead because the democratic party will step on their dicks like they always do and open the door for the republicans who will step on THEIR dicks, giving power back to the democrats who will step on their dicks yet again so the republicans take over, ad infinitum.

What neither party is willing to learn each time they gain power is their success is not a mandate for their ideology, but rather the people simply getting tired of the other guys, but lacking the wherewithall to break out of the dichotomy of the current two parties.

It will stay like this until the people decide to take the lead, instead of allowing the parties to lead us around with nose rings. (meaning it will always be like this.)

The republican party is not dead because the democratic party will step on their dicks like they always do and open the door for the republicans who will step on THEIR dicks, giving power back to the democrats who will step on their dicks yet again so the republicans take over, ad infinitum.

What neither party is willing to learn each time they gain power is their success is not a mandate for their ideology, but rather the people simply getting tired of the other guys, but lacking the wherewithall to break out of the dichotomy of the current two parties.

It will stay like this until the people decide to take the lead, instead of allowing the parties to lead us around with nose rings. (meaning it will always be like this.)

No good luck, a peaceful populist revolution is at hand, not through violence, but through people just saying no to fascism. It's a great time to be alive and see the illuminati war machine crash from it's own stupidity.

Back