Is This Latest Ploy by Green Movement More Insane Than Their Plan to Screw With the A

Climate change is just that, the changing of the climate.
A circular definition... quite meaningless.

Climate isn't quantifiable, so there's no "change" involved with it. I suspect that you're thinking of specific elements of weather, such as temperature and wind speed. THOSE are quantifiable things, and THOSE most certainly do change.

In case you people on the left haven't noticed there are plenty of climates in the world that absolutely suck meaning they are going to get better.
There are A LOT of climates in the world, which is why any reference to "the climate", including the one you made above in attempting to define 'climate change', doesn't make any sense.

Climate change will be good for many people.
There's no such thing as 'climate change'... but I'd welcome more plant growth (more CO2, longer growing season) any day. :)

Townhall is an American far right website

Townhall is owned by the Salem Media Group, which describes itself as a “leading media company serving the nation’s Christian and conservative communities.”
So?

CNN has had similar articles.

Climate isn't quantifiable, so there's no "change" involved with it. I suspect that you're thinking of specific elements of weather, such as temperature and wind speed. THOSE are quantifiable things, and THOSE most certainly do change.

There are A LOT of climates in the world, which is why any reference to "the climate", including the one you made above in attempting to define 'climate change', doesn't make any sense.

There's no such thing as 'climate change'... but I'd welcome more plant growth (more CO2, longer growing season) any day. :)

Exactly my point

We weren't here when the planet was warmer that it is now.

Maybe not but our ancestors were and they survived, even flourished.

Now we have technology which will make it even easier.

As hot as it gets people in Wisconsin will still never reach the temps I deal with every summer in Phoenix.

We have no problem coping down here.

This is crazy. Now they want cargo ships to use sails and shut off their engines

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...global-warming-alarmists-next-target-n2625410

Bullshit source always gives one a bullshit story

Technology isn’t sails, but kite like apparatus, it isn’t the “green movement,” but rather a French company trying to sell a product, and doesn’t have ships turning off engines but using the tech when applicable to save costs

One of the major reasons the right is so uninformed is that the swallow completely whatever one do their shit sites tells them regardless of validity

These idiots think they are advancing technology by 'inventing' the sailboat.

But it's a very hi tech sailboat...

Oceanbird-Cargo-Vessel-by-Wallenius-Marine-Featured-image.jpg

Kind of reminds you of one of these:

Stegosaurus-26-4-1.jpg

Only in ship form...

Bullshit source always gives one a bullshit story

Technology isn’t sails, but kite like apparatus, it isn’t the “green movement,” but rather a French company trying to sell a product, and doesn’t have ships turning off engines but using the tech when applicable to save costs

One of the major reasons the right is so uninformed is that the swallow completely whatever one do their shit sites tells them regardless of validity

It is environmentalist trying to screwup supply lines again

There are definitely known climates.

Arizona is known to be hot, Antarctica is known to be cold.

They don't fluctuate enough to say they have changing climates.

Climate is not global, it is localized.

There are definitely known climates.
Yup, that's what I said.

Arizona is known to be hot, Antarctica is known to be cold.
Temperature is not climate. Generally speaking, Arizona and Antarctica both have a desert climate.

They don't fluctuate enough to say they have changing climates.
How does a state or a continent 'fluctuate'? Do you mean temperature fluctuation?

Even then, temperature is not climate. Climate doesn't change because there is no quantifiable unit of measure associated with climate. There is no such thing as "more climate" or "less climate".

Climate is not global,
Then why did you make reference to "the climate" earlier?

it is localized.
Correct. Climate is a local thing because weather is a local thing.

Yup, that's what I said.

Temperature is not climate. Generally speaking, Arizona and Antarctica both have a desert climate.

How does a state or a continent 'fluctuate'? Do you mean temperature fluctuation?

Even then, temperature is not climate. Climate doesn't change because there is no quantifiable unit of measure associated with climate. There is no such thing as "more climate" or "less climate".

Then why did you make reference to "the climate" earlier?

Correct. Climate is a local thing because weather is a local thing.

Temperature is part of a climate.

Climate is essentially weather conditions which is affected in large part by temperature.

This is crazy. Now they want cargo ships to use sails and shut off their engines

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...global-warming-alarmists-next-target-n2625410

It's not that crazy. It has been around for some time.
https://www.wired.com/story/massive-sails-power-ships-like-never-before/

According to the IMO, there are seven categories of wind propulsion technologies, which can apply to virtually every type of ship. While Oceanbird uses hard sails, there are also soft sails, resembling those most associated with classic sailboats, but with more advanced materials.
For large ships, rotor sails (also called Flettner rotors, after their inventor) will be a popular option. These are composite cylinders that rotate up to 300 times per second, generating thrust due to a pressure differential. The similar looking suction wings or turbosails, developed by explorer Jacques Cousteau in the 1980s, do not rotate, relying instead on internal fans that create a suction effect. There are also giant kites, usually deployed about 200 meters above the ship, and wind turbines, not too different from those used to generate electricity but mounted on deck with the option of providing power or thrust. Finally there’s a hull form, in which the entire ship is essentially designed as a large sail to capture the wind.

About 25 large, wind-powered cargo ships are already operating worldwide, with most of these technologies represented:

The super hot temperatures are not just in America. They are the highest EVER recorded. We have unusually strong storms as predicted. There was a tornado outside Chicago last night. There have been tornadoes in parts of Michigan that were never hit before. The water temps in Florida are over 90. Arizona is breaking its heat records. Italy is experiencing unprecedented heat waves. Europe is getting hit with 100-plus temps and they have very little air conditioning. The globe has busting all-time heat records.

Back