Is this the best political debate forum on the web?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date

Is this the best political debate forum on the web?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I like this site because it's where my roots are. I've known Grind, 3D, Billy, Damo, Mott, SF, Dixie, and several other posters here for a very long time. We've stuck together for 10 fucking years. There are probably better debate sites out there, but this site fits me like an old shoe.

If someone thought there was a better debate site, wouldn't they be there?

This poll is like asking people in one state what the best state is.

this is the thread starters favorite board because he has been banned from nearly every other political board for his constant trolling, posting personal information, stalking people etc....

damo has a relaxed board. thus legion has not been perm banned here.

If someone thought there was a better debate site, wouldn't they be there?

This poll is like asking people in one state what the best state is.

I agree with your first sentence, not necessarily the second...

This poll is an opportunity for people like me who've participated on MANY different forums and wondered where the fuck this one was while I wasted my time on those others...

I don't know any of you guys, other than the tiny handful of exchanges I've had in the four weeks or so that I've been here.

I've never been a member of a forum that was this balanced in terms of right and left, that was able to coexist in spite of the friction - every forum I've been on prior to this one was never able to sustain a healthy balance for very long. Clearly the members here have either known each other long enough and their history as friends trumps that friction, or their perspective on politics generally is in sync with each others' - whatever it is, it works like a fucking charm here, better than I've seen it anywhere else.

This fall will be the 10th Anniversary since I first randomly logged onto Politics.Com from the library at Shorecrest High School, while looking for political crap. Trinity should celebrate, since it's right around the time most of us wound up on that site.

:party:

you guys all have terrible memory. the politics.com that we posted on was relaunched around may 2003. before that it existed in different capacities and i lurked there, but it was a lot of different people. our crew originated 9 years ago

This poll is an opportunity for people like me who've participated on MANY different forums and wondered where the fuck this one was while I wasted my time on those others...

I don't know any of you guys, other than the tiny handful of exchanges I've had in the four weeks or so that I've been here.

I've never been a member of a forum that was this balanced in terms of right and left, that was able to coexist in spite of the friction - every forum I've been on prior to this one was never able to sustain a healthy balance for very long. Clearly the members here have either known each other long enough and their history as friends trumps that friction, or their perspective on politics generally is in sync with each others' - whatever it is, it works like a fucking charm here, better than I've seen it anywhere else.

That has nothing to do with it.
It's only because we're all to hard headed.

bijou:

balanced?

lmao...you and haiku and most of your fellow libs immediately IGNORE anyone you don't agree with it.

conclusion - this board is turning into a circle jerk for the left. and that is why legion/bijou/haiku/et al...love it.

i remember the rumblings when the lefties complained this was a right leaning board. and damo said, no, the board isn't right or left, the membership may swing more right or left depending on who is posting, and some lefties said damo was full of it. well.............currently...........damo has been proven correct. because this board, without a doubt, leans heavily left now.

you guys all have terrible memory. the politics.com that we posted on was relaunched around may 2003. before that it existed in different capacities and i lurked there, but it was a lot of different people. our crew originated 9 years ago

I'm pretty sure it was my Junior year of HS, making it Fall of 2002.

There have been enough battles on here, believe me. It has got a lot better since two women from the west coast were perma banned!

and Legion, when you leave, you can take the dimwitted Canucks with you.....

Awww, don't be bitter. I'm sure there's a place for liars and little boys who try to pass as men.

Remember this? Thread: The womb Nazis are at it again

Post #43 by PostmodernProfit: no law has ever been passed and no law will ever be passed and no law will ever be proposed to be passed which would prohibit the use of contraceptives

Post #47 by \\()//: In Massachusetts, anyone disseminating contraceptives -- or information about contraceptives -- faced stiff fines and imprisonment. But by far the most restrictive state of all was Connecticut, where the act of using birth control was even prohibited by law. Married couples could be arrested for using birth control in the privacy of their own bedrooms, and subjected to a one-year prison sentence.

Then you attempted to justify your statement by trying to define "ever". It was quite the spectacle.

Back