It's Over for Letterman

Yes, we do live in Capitalism and you saw what happened to the Dixie Chicks..

boycott Letterman..I never watched the perv. as it was...

Yes, the Dixie Chicks uproar showed us that conservatives only support the First Amendment when it coincides with their own beliefs. :pke:

Yes, the Dixie Chicks uproar showed us that conservatives only support the First Amendment when it coincides with their own beliefs. :pke:

How about that, isn't that the wonderful thing about the United States... The Chicks were free to say anything they wanted, and we were free to boycott their music..Too bad to, I liked some of their stuff...They found out the hard way...Sometimes words have consequences...something you liberals never think or care about...

The Dixie Chicks showed that how and where you will spend your money is a form of expression protected by the first amendment as much as what they said. No mainstream republican or conservative called for their arrest, or even a restriction put on their ability to speak whenever or wherever they were. Many simply reacted by expressing their beliefs directly through the means of their purchasing power and ratings power.

Much like a lefty on Air America might lose their audience if they started praising Bush at every turn, any person venturing into the political arena peopled largely by the right may lose their audience if they expressed the opposite.

What we saw was a complex reaction to their direct foray into the realm of the political. That they did not like the reaction of the audience they had worked so hard to gather doesn't change that both sides reacted to political activity in ways that were also political and forms of expression protected by that same 1st Amendment.

There is nothing in the 1st Amendment that protects you from loss of earnings that you may have because your audience feels differently. You cannot force an audience to purchase what they no longer choose to purchase.

The Dixie Chicks showed that how and where you will spend your money is a form of expression protected by the first amendment as much as what they said. No mainstream republican or conservative called for their arrest, or even a restriction put on their ability to speak whenever or wherever they were. Many simply reacted by expressing their beliefs directly through the means of their purchasing power and ratings power.

Much like a lefty on Air America might lose their audience if they started praising Bush at every turn, any person venturing into the political arena peopled largely by the right may lose their audience if they expressed the opposite.

What we saw was a complex reaction to their direct foray into the realm of the political. That they did not like the reaction of the audience they had worked so hard to gather doesn't change that both sides reacted to political activity in ways that were also political and forms of expression.

you could say it better then I could...but right on the money...:thup:

What we saw was a complex reaction to their direct foray into the realm of the political. That they did not like the reaction of the audience they had worked so hard to gather doesn't change that both sides reacted to political activity in ways that were also political and forms of expression protected by that same 1st Amendment.

There is nothing in the 1st Amendment that protects you from loss of earnings that you may have because your audience feels differently. You cannot force an audience to purchase what they no longer choose to purchase.

Perfectly stated.

Did anyone see the crockumentary that Bela Pelosi's daughter did on the chicks that ran on HBO? How we were to have supposedly stepped on their freedom of speech...I just about died laughing when I heard about it...I didn't watch it, because I canceled HBO because of the crap they had on, just like this crockumentary...

Doesn't stop me from thinking the reaction was pathetic.

If a song is good, I buy it. If a movie is good, I see it. To me, it's very strange to get hung up on the political beliefs of the entertainer.

If I was insecure about my own beliefs, I might understand it....

I've got a very small violin for the chicks...They found out country music fans are very patriotic...They tried to go to pop, but none of them work steadily, so they couldn't make any money there...:cof1:

I've got a very small violin for the chicks...They found out country music fans are very patriotic...They tried to go to pop, but none of them work steadily, so they couldn't make any money there...:cof1:

None of them work steadily?

Like I said, they went double platinum after the big "boycott," and they're working on their next record now. They're all millionaires many times over.

And they were right about the war, which I know is what really gnaws at you...

Jumpin' Jesus in a chariot powered sidecar, are you people STILL bitching about this? Dry up and move on you whiners.

awww, did I call his wife a dog...well he and you all should get the joke..If he can make jokes about a woman and her kids, I surly can make one about his wifie...also I'm not making this joke on NATIONAL Television...but leave it to you to call my joke about his dog ugly wifie, VICIOUS...ooooooo
I don't give one piece of shit about his ratings...He is still a ugly old washed up comedian...as for you, you crack me up....with your two faces..
The definition of washed up is that he can't get a job anymore. Seems to me Letterman has a job. Again get a tissue, dry your eyes and STFU!

Used to be that the left was the bitch of the political world, now it is the Right. You fuckers really need a message, because this is truly pathetic, the fact that this post has had the legs it has indicates to me that you all have lost all direction. This is not the party of Reagan and Lincoln, this is the party of Tammy Faye Baker with makeup running down your face in buckets. Fucking sissies.

The definition of washed up is that he can't get a job anymore. Seems to me Letterman has a job. Again get a tissue, dry your eyes and STFU!

how many other post were posted after my post and you tell me to shut up...wonderful.sheesh

Last edited:

And the liberals are still whining and trying to call it something else because it WORKED!!

Back