It's Over for Letterman

Yeah - I think that's an embarassing use of a boycott.

I don't have a double-standard on this issue, much as you like to try to "nail" that. I have been pretty consistenly against most boycotts, right or left. I think about 90% of them are misdirected.
Works for me. I didn't participate in any Dixie Chick boycott, I had never held one of their albums in my hand and was never a fan. Their "harmony" had a dischordant note that bothered me, like Big and Rich do. But had I been a fan this wouldn't have effected it.

My point isn't whether they are aiming it correctly, just that it is as much their right to do what they did, to take back their "voice" so to speak as it was for the Dixie Chicks to say what they did and continue saying it.

Attempting to silence one side of the debate seems to be normal. I couldn't care much less about how they feel about Bush, apparently their fans feel more protective of their "voice" being used in this manner.

mini-meme doesn't give a shit...I said more power to them...D.A.

Here's your earlier quote that Onceler and I were responding to:

"Funny, they are still going around speaking their mind and making music..They just aren't making any money and Speaking for country music fans anymore....Let's give a big waaaa for them."

I don't see the words "more power to them" anywhere in there, do you?

Here's your earlier quote that Onceler and I were responding to:

"Funny, they are still going around speaking their mind and making music..They just aren't making any money and Speaking for country music fans anymore....Let's give a big waaaa for them."

I don't see the words "more power to them" anywhere in there, do you?

not going there with you, bye bye

Yeah, it worked so well the album boycotted by all you went DOUBLE PLATINUM.
No, that was the album after their second comeback when they changed style to rock over country, specifically aiming at a different audience. Wise move and good for them. As I said before, the people who protested then wouldn't be protesting now. You don't see them out boycotting Bruce Springsteen in large numbers. It was the fact that the DC's used the platform created with their support that caused the vehement reaction. Once that gather a different audience, it is their platform they stand on, there is no more need to react and they don't. Those that do are way minority and ineffective.

Like a Disturbed Fan "boycotting" George Michael.... Who cares?

It sent a message to people in the entertainment industry & elsewhere to keep their mouth shut or else. It definitely created a chill for exercising free speech.

Maybe that's the kind of America you want to live in, where people feel afraid to speak out. It's not what I see as America, at least in spirit.

What stupidity! It sent no such message! Did everyone or anyone for that matter shut up No! What it did do was communicate to the chicks that their audience didn't want to hear their politically hateful opinions. Did it work ...yes! The dixies got a new audience they didn't shut up and the audience that was offended made themselves heard...THAT'S Freedom...get a clue!

The idea that a candidate would base his entire political career on a forgery that could be debunked by cross checking the state medical records is ludicrous.

The state registrar happens to use a signature stamp to verify copies of birth certificates. It's there, it's verified by the state, Dixie is a racist punk.
Oh look Even Obama can't keep the lie straight at which hospital that he was supposedly born.

But his Kenyan Grandmother has been consistent.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=103306

You're too easy. WND has many links in that article to back up their summation. Try dismissing those. *shrug*

You know who Kapi'olani was, don't you?

She was a QUEEN...hence the Kapi'olani Medical Center can also be reffered to as the QUEENS Medical Center.

Why isn't that little fact included in WND's "indepth" article?

You know who Kapi'olani was, don't you?

She was a QUEEN...hence the Kapi'olani Medical Center can also be reffered to as the QUEENS Medical Center.

Why isn't that little fact included in WND's "indepth" article?
When was it renamed? Do you have back up that it is the same hospital?

Oh, look, not even the same zip code:

Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women & Children
1319 Punahou Street
Honolulu, Hawaii 96826
http://www.kapiolani.org/women-and-children/contact/default.aspx

The Queen's Medical Center
1301 Punchbowl Street
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
http://www.queensmedicalcenter.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=387&Itemid=157

Along with a different queen:

Biography of Founder Queen Emma

ZappasGuitar pwned. :)
LOL. ZappaPwned...

Back