It's Over for Letterman

It was disgustingly tacky and outrageous misogynistic BS no matter which daughter it was about...though it was the 14 year old that was at the baseball game. The outrage is far from false. As a mother I'd be outraged and I guarantee this would be considered outrageous if it were about anyone’s daughter whom you cared for!

Do I think Letterman should be fired? NO! Do I think his first two apologies were non apologies? YES! Do I think politicians should be weighing in on this? NO! Do I think that the FCC should tighten rules about sexually exploitive crap such as Letterman's so called "joke" should be sought after? YES!

He made a joke about the daughter that had already gotten knocked up. Not about the 14 year old. Letterman has been on the air a long time and has never said anything even close to what you want this to be about.

So you want the FCC to step in? So your answer is for big gov't to solve a nonexistant problem with more regulations? Not exactly the conservative line, is it?

It was disgustingly tacky and outrageous misogynistic BS no matter which daughter it was about...though it was the 14 year old that was at the baseball game. The outrage is far from false. As a mother I'd be outraged and I guarantee this would be considered outrageous if it were about anyone’s daughter whom you cared for!

Do I think Letterman should be fired? NO! Do I think his first two apologies were non apologies? YES! Do I think politicians should be weighing in on this? NO! Do I think that the FCC should tighten rules about sexually exploitive crap such as Letterman's so called "joke" should be sought after? YES!

More nanny state government :cheer:

He made a joke about the daughter that had already gotten knocked up. Not about the 14 year old. Letterman has been on the air a long time and has never said anything even close to what you want this to be about.

So you want the FCC to step in? So your answer is for big gov't to solve a nonexistant problem with more regulations? Not exactly the conservative line, is it?

SO FING WHAT! The joke was not a joke it was garbage about a young woman. On top of that his joke writing team were so inept and stupid as to not know what daughter was in NY with their mom? The fact that you can even defend such hateful speech towards a young woman who was 16 when she got pregnant...I know you like the term "knocked up" better...more demeaning and all that...jerk!

As to the FCC, they are the entity that is responsible for such things.

The joke was not abou the 14 year old, no matter how much you may wish it was.

It was not about the statutory rape of a minor. It was about the older kid Bristol.

The point of the joke was that one of Palin's kids got knocked up. Which one was knocked up when she was campaigning? Which one was more famous for being pregnant than for being the daughter of a candidate?

Its not hard to understand. This is just more false outrage.
Even if the insult was on the 18-year-old it doesn't matter- A person's family is off limits in civil discourse. Letterman's a dirt bag and I won't be forgiving him, never mind watching him.

Even if the insult was on the 18-year-old it doesn't matter- A person's family is off limits in civil discourse. Letterman's a dirt bag and I won't be forgiving him, never mind watching him.

Imagine if it was said about a Democrat's kid. The slut remark was totally out of line also. The sicko.

Is John McCain a dirt bag too?

"Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno."

-- Sen. John McCain, speaking to a Republican dinner, June 1998.

no shit these drama queens (southern tool and sty) just let the right wing insults fly on by. LOL they can't stomach a bad joke, hundreds of body bags is just fine for them. Since they ain't fightin

The daughter who attended the baseball game with Palin was the 14-year-old. Letterman CLAIMED after the fact, he meant the 18 year old. I don't think he really gave a shit which daughter, he made a tacky joke he never should have made, even IF he was talking about the 18-year-old!

Believe me, the FCC has had complaints filed by the public, but what I hope will happen is, his network will feel the consequence of losing advertisers by the droves, and they will do the right thing and fire his ass. There was no excuse for what he said, and liberals don't live by a special set of rules here! I know you think you do, but really... you don't!

that's freaking laughable, by droves???
Less than 100 people showed up to protest.
If you were in my office I'd bet you any amount that doesn't happen.
But as usual thanks for the skinhead/republican comedy

that's freaking laughable, by droves???
Less than 100 people showed up to protest.
If you were in my office I'd bet you any amount that doesn't happen.
But as usual thanks for the skinhead/republican comedy

here's a hint:

don't ever bet Dixie...he welches on his bets.

SO FING WHAT! The joke was not a joke it was garbage about a young woman. On top of that his joke writing team were so inept and stupid as to not know what daughter was in NY with their mom? The fact that you can even defend such hateful speech towards a young woman who was 16 when she got pregnant...I know you like the term "knocked up" better...more demeaning and all that...jerk!

As to the FCC, they are the entity that is responsible for such things.

Whether you call it pregnant, knocked up, or "in the family way" really doesn't matter. The point is that Letterman made a JOKE about someone, of legal age, getting pregnant. Bristol was already used by her mom to promote her campaign. This joke was not a filthy joke or even a misogynistic joke. It was a low class joke for sure, but certainlynot worthy of intrusion by the FCC.

Palin paraded her family all over the camapign trail. When you run for top offices your family is a part of that.

Michelle Obama certainly has been. There have been several threads about her here.

Civil discourse? What part of national politics do you think is civil discourse?? And neither side is innocent. Palin stepped into the big leagues. This is nothing new.

Back