It's Over for Letterman

So you want the FCC to step in? So your answer is for big gov't to solve a nonexistant problem with more regulations? Not exactly the conservative line, is it?
Actually the conservative line is uniformly enforcing any law or regulation that he broke (the airways are the public domain after all) and then let the market do its thing. Based on Letterman's dismal ratings the market is doing its thing.

Dixie, a joke about a 14 year old getting knocked up would not be funny. But since one of Palin's daughter has already gotten knocked up, it was not so out of line.

Yes, it was! And this is precisely why the issue needs to be pressed. Idiots like you, think it's perfectly acceptable for a 62 year old man to make reprehensible and vile sexual jokes about a teenage girl! It is disgusting, regardless of which daughter he was referring to, but the fact is... the 14 year old was the one at the baseball game with her mother.

Can you even imagine the outrage in a few more years, if some right-winger made a joke about one of Obama's girls being raped or having sex? Oh no! Democrat Liberals kids are off limits! We can't make jokes about them! We can't even mention them! It is just more of the typical double standard applied by Liberals! This shit has gone on for way too long, and it is going to stop now.

Incredibly Large Ass Michelle has made several speeches and made herself the center of attention many times, so she shall bear the full brunt of public scrutiny. Not so for Palin's daughters. *shrug*

Really?

Bristol and Trig or Geo or Alge or whatever his name is were the center of attention, all over the tv preaching abstinence before and AFTER she had given birth.

Yes, it was! And this is precisely why the issue needs to be pressed. Idiots like you, think it's perfectly acceptable for a 62 year old man to make reprehensible and vile sexual jokes about a teenage girl! It is disgusting, regardless of which daughter he was referring to, but the fact is... the 14 year old was the one at the baseball game with her mother.

Can you even imagine the outrage in a few more years, if some right-winger made a joke about one of Obama's girls being raped or having sex? Oh no! Democrat Liberals kids are off limits! We can't make jokes about them! We can't even mention them! It is just more of the typical double standard applied by Liberals! This shit has gone on for way too long, and it is going to stop now.

There is no way the writers would have written a joke about a 14 year old being knocked up by a pro baseball player. That is just bullshit.

Yes it was tasteless. But it is certainly not worth all the fuss or someone being fired. And I would say that regardless of the political party.

Did they involve sex in public, or was that just this one?

Seriously, if a public figure had made a joke about raping Chelsea in a public arena and "knocking her up" this site would have been an avalanche of bile poured upon that person. There was enough about McCain and his stupid joke and Rush and the stupid dog joke, let alone public rape.

Can you show me where Letterman mentioned "raping" one of Palin's daughters?

Did they involve sex in public, or was that just this one?

Seriously, if a public figure had made a joke about raping Chelsea in a public arena and "knocking her up" this site would have been an avalanche of bile poured upon that person. There was enough about McCain and his stupid joke and Rush and the stupid dog joke, let alone public rape.

Who the hell joked about rape, let alone public rape?

You guys are out of your fucking minds.

BTW - It was a bad joke, people need to get over it. There is no reason to attempt to out 'outrage' the left, just point out the hypocrisy of the outrage they level on people like Rush for making much milder jokes then move on.

Nope... not moving on! Sorry! Yes, I agree, it's not the end of the world, it's not worthy of all the outrage and perpetuation, but this is pure principle. If this is allowed to go unpunished, it opens the door for yet another attack of similar proportion from the liberals. I am sick and tired of this shit, and it needs to stop! The ONLY way to ensure it does stop, is to press the issue until something is done. Look at the responses, they are not the least bit contrite about what was said, they don't think it was a big deal at all! If we are not willing to stand up to this shit when it happens, and DEMAND something be done about it, we'll just continue to see it happen over and over again! That is the whole fucking problem with our side, we tend to want to 'let it go' and 'move on' and no lesson is learned, nothing changes.

Can you show me where Letterman mentioned "raping" one of Palin's daughters?
Again, it depends on who you believe the joke was about.

The daughter with her (14 year old) or the one that was already "knocked up".

Since the only daughter capable of "getting knocked up during the 7th Inning Stretch" would be the one actually with her, and she being well under the age of consent, it would be rape....

Even you should be capable of logical progression.

For Dung, the joke said A. Rod came into the stands and knocked up her daughter, that is public, and the only one it could have possibly have happened to was 14, even A. Rod can't knock up a girl that's in a different state.

Since the only daughter capable of "getting knocked up during the 7th Inning Stretch" would be the one actually with her, and she being well under the age of consent, it would be rape....

This is idiot shit. I expect as much from Dixie but Christ's on crutches . . .

For Dung, the joke said A. Rod came into the stands and knocked up her daughter, that is public, and the only one it could have possibly have happened to was 14, even A. Rod can't knock up a girl that's in a different state.

You cannot in good faith believe that the joke was intended to be about the 14 year old and not the adult daughter that actually did get knocked up. As I said, I expect as much from Dixie given that good faith isn't necessarily his m.o. but let's get real here.

And I think you are making up the part about A-Rod coming into the stands. I believe he said that she got knocked up by A-Rod during the 7th inning stretch but didn't give a locale for the coitus.

I suppose if one of Obama's daughters had proven to be incapable of keeping her knees together when her boyfriend was trying to get busy, then she would be fair game also.

How about you back off and let Bristol accept the consequences that go along with being the mother of a bastard child.

This is idiot shit. I expect as much from Dixie but Christ's on crutches . . .
My point isn't that it isn't "idiot chit", it is what we would have heard. The amount of outrage over just talking about the looks of somebody's daughter, not even going to sex in public (seventh inning stretch in the stands, it caused an "awkward" moment for the Governor) with, again, the only one it could have possibly happened to....

If this had been a lefty everybody on the site would be "outraged", and Dix would be saying what you are.

Basically, what I am trying to say is that I agree that the joke sucked, was in bad taste, but find it not much more of a big deal than dog jokes about Chelsea. However, using the reaction of the left to the dog joke as a measure it is clear the level of outrage would have been enormous.

My advice for Dixie and the others trying to out 'outrage' the left, just quit that, point out the hypocrisy until people with brains note it, then move on.

There is no way the writers would have written a joke about a 14 year old being knocked up by a pro baseball player. That is just bullshit.

Yes it was tasteless. But it is certainly not worth all the fuss or someone being fired. And I would say that regardless of the political party.

Yes! If Don Imus could be fired for making an observation about the appearance of a female basketball team, this goofball can be fired for insinuating rape of a minor child at a baseball game! Especially considering one was an off-the-cuff observation, and the other was a scripted, prepared, and recorded joke!

We have put up with your little jokes about Palin and her daughter long enough. It's one thing to crack jokes about Palin, she's a big girl and in politics, she can handle it. But when you cross the line into the family, and make these kind of crude jokes about her kids, that is not acceptable, and we ain't going to accept it! Sorry!

I just think it's time to put our foot down, and stop this shit here and now! If we let is slide, if we move on and forget about it, how many days will it be, before another pinhead liberal is up there on national TV, trashing another conservative's kid in a tasteless and tacky joke? Enough is enough!

www.firedavidletterman.com

Billy Bob Carter tried to use his family fame to make money in the beer business selling "Billy Beer" and made fun of his red-neck heritage back when Jeff Foxworthy was a gleam in his dad's eye, so he's fair game. And As I recall the jokes weren't of a sexual nature and actually helped his business.

I never made fun of Amy or Chelsea and I give a hearty :321: to all who do.

*shrug*

So Rush should be fired?

My point isn't that it isn't "idiot chit", it is what we would have heard. The amount of outrage over just talking about the looks of somebody's daughter, not even going to sex in public (seventh inning stretch in the stands, it caused an "awkward" moment for the Governor) with, again, the only one it could have possibly happened to....

If this had been a lefty everybody on the site would be "outraged", and Dix would be saying what you are.

Basically, what I am trying to say is that I agree that the joke sucked, was in bad taste, but find it not much more of a big deal than dog jokes about Chelsea. However, using the reaction of the left to the dog joke as a measure it is clear the level of outrage would have been enormous.

My advice for Dixie and the others trying to out 'outrage' the left, just quit that, point out the hypocrisy until people with brains note it, then move on.

Not trying to out-outrage anyone Damo! This shit has gone on long enough, and it's going to stop NOW! Perhaps when Dave goes down in flames, they will understand the kids are off limits, and we're serious about that. If not, we can have a few more left-wing assholes fired... eventually the message will get through their thick heads. Stop attacking the kids!

Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno."

-- Sen. John McCain, speaking to a Republican dinner, June 1998.

On his TV show, early in the Clinton administration, Limbaugh put up a picture of Socks, the White House cat, and asked, 'Did you know there's a White House dog?' Then he put up a picture of Chelsea Clinton, who was 13 years old at the time and as far as I know had never done any harm to anyone.

"Chelsea Clinton has been spotted all over town recently at New York's hottest single bars. When asked about it, Chelsea said 'hey, I'm just trying to spend a little quality time with my Dad'" —Conan O'Brien

Back