Jesus and Siddhartha Gautama

I asked a simple question. You refused to address it. Where did Jesus say the soul is immortal?

Why are you lying? I did address it. You're the one who twisted "eternal" into "immortal" then ignored the quote and the links.

Agreed the focus of Jesus was on one's eternal soul, not material things. Funny how those who claim to be the most religious forget that part.
Where did Jesus say the soul was immortal?
Several places but my favorite is this:
Matthew 16:24-28
24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save their life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. 26 What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? 27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.
28 “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

Stop projecting. It's a lame debate tactic.

What are you claiming I'm projecting? You're the one upset. You deliberately misconstrued "Immortal" and "Eternal" and you've been pitching a hissy fit about it for two days. Why does this bother you so much?

Many Christians misunderstand Jesus as claiming the soul is immortal. It is owing to your fear of death that you want Jesus to be a platonist.
Soooo either you are claiming to be able to read minds or you are projecting. Which is it?

What are you claiming I'm projecting? You're the one upset. You deliberately misconstrued "Immortal" and "Eternal" and you've been pitching a hissy fit about it for two days. Why does this bother you so much?

Soooo either you are claiming to be able to read minds or you are projecting. Which is it?

I should have known better to discuss Jesus with Believers. Go back to sleep.

I should have known better to discuss Jesus with Believers. Go back to sleep.

You are still projecting. You are completely clueless about my religious beliefs. You make the naive assumption that because I can quote from the Bible, I must be a Bible-thumper who believes the Bible was handed directly to Jesus riding on a dinosaur. I can also quote from the Talmud, the Quran or any other religious text. That doesn't mean I'm a believer of those religions.

Given your behavior patterns, you seem to have a lot of animosity towards anyone with different religious beliefs than yourself. So much so that you have a lot of anger about it. I don't know why, but that is what you've been presenting. My first guess is a young atheist pissed off at the world. Probably likes anarchism too. It's a common connection.

Back