JESUS said

and anyone who equates todays conservatives with conservatives of even 20 years ago is an ever bigger moron!

I think you're both wrong....I think the conservatives of 2011 are quite similar to the conservatives of 1980.....as for liberals, they're the same idiots they were in the 60s.......I even think they're still smoking the same weed.....

you'd benefit from smoking some weed you tight ass conservatard. The leading conservative jizz all over reagan's memory. How is that different you fucking clown.

One thing I'm reminded of about Jesus' ministry is that NONE of the Apostles were Saducees, which one could say were the liberals of His day. Instead, Jesus chose the company of mostly Pharisees (conservative) and one Zealot (ultra conservative).

conservatives will use anything but Jesus's words to show he wasn't liberal.

He definatley smoked herb.
Show me a long haired carpenter who doesn't.

you'd benefit from smoking some weed you tight ass conservatard. The leading conservative jizz all over reagan's memory. How is that different you fucking clown.

you see, all the weed smoking has made you delirious.....you actually think you know something about politics.....

One thing I'm reminded of about Jesus' ministry is that NONE of the Apostles were Saducees, which one could say were the liberals of His day. Instead, Jesus chose the company of mostly Pharisees (conservative) and one Zealot (ultra conservative).

wow.....the Zealots were the ones who wanted to overthrow the government....hardly what I would call ultra conservative.....and the Pharisees and Sadducee were the ones plotting to kill him, so I'm not sure you could say he chose their company......if anything, he was always blamed for hanging with tax collectors......

wow.....the Zealots were the ones who wanted to overthrow the government....hardly what I would call ultra conservative.....and the Pharisees and Sadducee were the ones plotting to kill him, so I'm not sure you could say he chose their company......if anything, he was always blamed for hanging with tax collectors......

The Zealots wanted to overthrow the Roman government, not Jewish law.

The Zealots wanted to overthrow the Roman government, not Jewish law.

still, I think it's a bit awkward to say a Zealot is a conservative....just the way the word has transferred to the English language demonstrates a problem....I would think the Zealots would have more in common with the Peta activists who blow up mink farms....

These debates always get into silly trivial nonsense, raised to importance because the trivial hides the substance of the debate. It is like Beck on TV, everything is out of context. Today's modern American conservative/libertarian are among the most un-Christian of groups. The UHC debate stands as a clear example. "The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness." John Kenneth Galbraith

'Why is Jesus a Liberal?'

"Webster's dictionary defines a Liberal as one who is open minded, not
strict in the observance of orthodox, traditional or established forms or
ways. Jesus was a pluralist Liberal who taught that one need not
conform to strict and orthodox views of God, religion, and life. He
rejected greed, violence, the glorification of power, the amassing of
wealth without social balance, and the personal judging of others, their
lifestyles and beliefs.

Over and over again, He taught us to believe in and live a spiritual and
ethical life based in our essential, inherent goodness. What Jesus
promoted was succinct set of spiritual principals and a way of life
based upon the of love, compassion, tolerance, and a strong belief in
the importance in giving and of generosity to those in need.

While not Biblical scholars, our common sense understanding of His
lessons as philosophically and politically Liberal is founded upon Jesus'
own words (see quotes below), modern interpretations of Liberation
Theology, and in the positive, loving and compassionate application of
His teachings - from the many early Saints to Mother Theresa and
Liberation Theology.

Certainly, Jesus brought a radically Liberal theology to the Orthodox
believers of his time. Jesus IS a Liberal even today because now more
than ever, His principals align with the very core of Liberal Beliefs."

http://www.jesusisaliberal.org/

Last edited:
Back