Jobs Report - Ouch

If you hire somebody to put grass on your dirt in front of your house, they go and they buy corn seeds and plant it, do you give them more money to buy grass or hire somebody else?

It is absolutely stunning.

We give away a trillion dollars to rich people with NO demands or even proper oversight without barely a peep .. NONE of the CEO's of these banking institutions pledges to make one dollar a year in salary .. but loan guarantees for the almost last remaining manufactuering done in the US is too much to ask.

Who is going to even buy foreign cars in the US when a million plus more Americans are out of work?

You've probably read The Shock Doctrine. I swear to God I'm at the point now where I think this is all purposeful. You just can't say anyone is this incompetent. This is the plan.

Well, the person who told me how he "can't do much". That's who.

I have made it clear. Fire those idiots and give a new management team who provides the best plan for the future of the companies the aid. There is absolutely no reason we must keep paying those people even $1 per year.

You'll do anything to avoid the fact that your party has abdicated the Presidency during the worst time since the Great Depression. You're actually laughable now.

You've probably read The Shock Doctrine. I swear to God I'm at the point now where I think this is all purposeful. You just can't say anyone is this incompetent. This is the plan.

It is purposeful. This is the Military Industrial Complex setting the stage to starve everyone not deemed "worthy of survival".

It is absolutely stunning.

We give away a trillion dollars to rich people with NO demands or even proper oversight without barely a peep .. NONE of the CEO's of these banking institutions pledges to make one dollar a year in salary .. but loan guarantees for the almost last remaining manufactuering done in the US is too much to ask.

Who is going to even buy foreign cars in the US when a million plus more Americans are out of work?
What I find stunning is how we think the same people who brought the companies to their knees are the ones to hire to fix it.

It would be like voting for Bush because you see we need a change.

I wonder if they are willing to take out the auto industry as the price for taking out the UAW?

I think they are.

You'll do anything to avoid the fact that your party has abdicated the Presidency during the worst time since the Great Depression. You're actually laughable now.
You would do anything to pretend that I have suggested not doing anything. It doesn't matter what I type here because you will just fill in whatever you want to think regardless of anything I may have stated in the past or here.

The reality is, I suggest we give them the loans, but not allow them to keep the same management teams. And if you find the money from other means than the 700B, you even have a President who will sign it.

Yes I have good sister .. the rise of disaster capitalism is on display on the world stage.

I believe Klein did an excellent job of stating the unstated.

Like you, I don't believe for a moment that incompetence is behind this.

I wonder if they are willing to take out the auto industry as the price for taking out the UAW?

I think they are.

I think they are too.

But the key to helping workers is bigger than this bailout. We need a trade policy that does not incentivize the creation of human slaves in dictatorial nations overseas, a practice which guarantees a race to the bottom condition for all earthly humans.

I think they are.

It was Reagan's first order of business.

Start from here .. we live in a plutocracy .. everything else becomes clear.

What I find stunning is how we think the same people who brought the companies to their knees are the ones to hire to fix it.

It would be like voting for Bush because you see we need a change.

:)

Is that a Freudian slip .. or are you talking about Obama?

I think they are too.

But the key to helping workers is bigger than this bailout. We need a trade policy that does not incentivize the creation of human slaves in dictatorial nations overseas, a practice which guarantees a race to the bottom condition for all earthly humans.

Oh, when asshat is making more sense than damo, that's one of the seven signs.

The commies will try to spin this as a failure of trade and market in general. But really it's a failure of fiat money, idiotic credit policy, proper oversight on nebulously created securities etc.

Last edited:
It was Reagan's first order of business.

Start from here .. we live in a plutocracy .. everything else becomes clear.

Yeah, there's no point in getting angry at people like damo and sf. They really don't have any idea. I just hope their tents aren't near mine, you know? That would be too much.

Oh, when asshat is making more sense than damo, that's one of the seven signs.

Damo agrees on the inside. Part of his undercover assignment is to be an 'ideological gatekeeper'. His controllers are monitoring his statements here.

Last edited:
The Theory And Practice Of Oligarchical Collectivism

The new doctrines arose partly because of the accumulation of historical knowledge, and the growth of the historical sense, which had hardly existed before the nineteenth century. The cyclical movement of history was now intelligible, or appeared to be so; and if it was intelligible, then it was alterable. But the principal, underlying cause was that, as early as the beginning of the twentieth century, human equality had become technically possible. It was still true that men were not equal in their native talents and that functions had to be specialized in ways that favoured some individuals against others; but there was no longer any real need for class distinctions or for large differences of wealth. In earlier ages, class distinctions had been not only inevitable but desirable. Inequality was the price of civilization. With the development of machine production, however, the case was altered. Even if it was still necessary for human beings to do different kinds of work, it was no longer necessary for them to live at different social or economic levels. Therefore, from the point of view of the new groups who were on the point of seizing power, human equality was no longer an ideal to be striven after, but a danger to be averted. In more primitive ages, when a just and peaceful society was in fact not possible, it had been fairly easy to believe it. The idea of an earthly paradise in which men should live together in a state of brotherhood, without laws and without brute labour, had haunted the human imagination for thousands of years. And this vision had had a certain hold even on the groups who actually profited by each historical change. The heirs of the French, English, and American revolutions had partly believed in their own phrases about the rights of man, freedom of speech, equality before the law, and the like, and have even allowed their conduct to be influenced by them to some extent. But by the fourth decade of the twentieth century all the main currents of political thought were authoritarian. The earthly paradise had been discredited at exactly the moment when it became realizable. Every new political theory, by whatever name it called itself, led back to hierarchy and regimentation. And in the general hardening of outlook that set in round about 1930, practices which had been long abandoned, in some cases for hundreds of years -- imprisonment without trial, the use of war prisoners as slaves, public executions, torture to extract confessions, the use of hostages, and the deportation of whole populations-not only became common again, but were tolerated and even defended by people who considered themselves enlightened and progressive.

Last edited:
Back