JOE THE PLUMBER!

I recently had to call a plumber to fix a leak in my pipes behind the shower. It took him about 4 hrs, and the bill was around $800 ....figure $700 of that is profit, and he can do two per day... $1400 x 350 days= $490k... but that's before taxes. Yeah, I believe a 'half-assed' plumber could probably make $250k per year easy, especially in some high-falutin' place like New York.

Dont belive the hype. guys going to by a business that grosses 280k a year. He wont every NET NET that much if hes growing the business and investing back into it. If he is netting 280K a year he will have to pay higher taxes on 30grand.. woopie.

"If he is netting 280K a year he will have to pay higher taxes on 30grand.. woopie."

Exactly. And what % "extra" will he have to pay on that 30 grand?

People need to get a grip. $250K & below is not an unreasonably small group.

"If he is netting 280K a year he will have to pay higher taxes on 30grand.. woopie."

Exactly. And what % "extra" will he have to pay on that 30 grand?

People need to get a grip. $250K & below is not an unreasonably small group.

As I said in another thread the Democrats have reached out to the upper middle class and this will win them allot of future elections if they stand by there words over next 4 to 8 years. Republicans are going to have to fight to get this group back.

Bottom line for any professional making like 100k to 200k who gets employer health care benefits would be better off financially to vote democrat this election. This has never been the case.

Hmm... Well, I went again with my experience rather than the statistics.

What I should have said was:

All of the ones that I know own their own business, started as an employee making crap but once they learned the ropes they began their own business and all of them make big money (more than 250K). It is profitable.

I should ask them how often their employees leave to start new companies, it is the largest complaint of one of them. Who did the same thing to his employer...

Most businesses do not make that much Net income and if they do then the business probably costs like 10M to buy it.

If this guy turns down buying a pretty recession proof business like this when he can so obviously afford it just because it will have a 3% tasx increase then hes an idiot.

If it makes him a personal income of over 250,000 a year I think he will still profit greatly even with the 3% tax raise.

This whole thing just smacks of a planted question.

Seeing that one person yelled 'kill him' at a McCain rally and you have Democrat supporters saying kill Joe here maybe the guy at McCain rally is someone that learned it from this board.

If I understand the story correctly this Joe dude said he was going to buy a plumbing business for $250k and asked about his taxes. Buying a business for $250k hardly qualifies one as rich especially if it takes financing.

More likely the guy at the McCain rally was a Dem from this board. Admit it Dung... we know you were there....

:foil:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/10/16/02217/845

It also seems he already owns several businesses

First, he seems to own a few companies:
#1:

Joseph Wurzelbacher (Joseph Wurzelbacher Cnstr Co)
12172 Stone Mill Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45251-4134

#2:

JCC INVESTMENTS INC in the Investors, N.E.C. industry in CINCINNATI, OH. This company currently has approximately 1 to 5 employees and annual sales of Under $500,000.
Location Information Edit
12172 STONE MILL RD
CINCINNATI, OH 45251

#3:

Wurzelbacher Painting
12148 Stone Mill Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45251-4134 (Map)

#4:

Wurzelbacher Brothers
(513) 385-6666
11260 Colerain Avenue,
Cincinnati, OH 45252
Specialties:
REPAIR OF SEPTIC TANKS
Phone: (513) 385-5264

like a Palin supporter is going to admitt they heard it said?

BTW where in this thread is that mentioned?

like a Palin supporter is going to admitt they heard it said?

BTW where in this thread is that mentioned?

You obviously didn't read the article because it mentions nothing about Palin supporters its about the Secret Service who were there that day.

You also didn't read this thread because it starts with WM and Ib1 stating they want to kill Joe the Plumber and Dungheap stating leave that to a McCain rally. Superfreak responded to that and I responded to Superfreak.

I didn't pull some topic (like ACORN) out of my *ss that had nothing to do with this thread.

This thread is about Joe the plummer and that he si a phoney who is not who he claimed.

what does that have to do with your post.

why have you not even commented on the thrust of the post?

Back