John McCain's affair.

Jarod

Contributor
John McCain was married to his current wife less than two months after being divorced from his first wife. He had been with "Candy" for over 6 months at that time.

I wonder how the Christian conservatives feel about this...

John McCain was married to his current wife less than two months after being divorced from his first wife. He had been with "Candy" for over 6 months at that time.

They were estranged because his first wife cheated on him while he was in the VN prison. And the name is Cindy, not "candy".

Prior to the 2002 campaign she was always known as "Candy"!
I've never heard her referred to as that. Interesting.

Wouldn't matter anyway. What I said above is the reality. According to people close by his first wife didn't even contest the divorce, at all.

I've never heard her referred to as that. Interesting.

Wouldn't matter anyway. What I said above is the reality. According to people close by his first wife didn't even contest the divorce, at all.

If you are religous, does that matter? Are the bounds of marriage still sacred?

??????????????

I am a ultra conservative...however what point are you sheepishly trying to make? I could care less what consenting adults do in private...So he married Cindy 2 months after his divorce...so what!

Nope.............

Marriage is just a contract between two consenting adults of the opposite sex...sorta like a LLC...whats the big deal with who McCain Marries or sleeps with?

Thats a reason for divorce, not a reason for cheating yourself.
Divorce is simply legal. Once they dismissed each other they were religiously covered.

When the bible speaks of dismissing your spouse it certainly doesn't mean legal procedures.

Also, there is the little thing about how "all have sinned" to look past. Nobody is perfect. It would be what he supported that they would vote for/against if religion was of importance.

Divorce is simply legal. Once they dismissed each other they were religiously covered.

When the bible speaks of dismissing your spouse it certainly doesn't mean legal procedures.

Also, there is the little thing about how "all have sinned" to look past. Nobody is perfect. It would be what he supported that they would vote for/against if religion was of importance.

So, the legal part is seperate from the religous part, I agree.

I obviously cannot speak for those that are religious, but in my opinion, I think there is a huge difference between someone who is cheated on and divorces a spouse and someone who cheats on their spouse and then divorces them for the person they had an affair with.

Well Counselor..........

Thats a reason for divorce, not a reason for cheating yourself.

This is why most if not all states have the 'No Fault"...differences clause...infidelity is common in the human species...albeit I never cheated while married...and both spouses did...I was told by both that I was boring...too nice...so hey thats cool...I have been single since 1981 and never another complaint...I think I will keep it this way...it does save alot of heartache...will never be trapped again...single to death do I part Mother Earth!:cof1:

I obviously cannot speak for those that are religious, but in my opinion, I think there is a huge difference between someone who is cheated on and divorces a spouse and someone who cheats on their spouse and then divorces them for the person they had an affair with.
There is.

However, most of the "cheating" that McCain did was after he came back and found that his wife had been less than loyal while he was in the Hanoi Hilton.

It appears McCain and his first wife both cheated on each other!

John McCain met "Candy", 18 years his junior, in 1979. He was divorced in February of 1980 and married to Candy in April 1980.

Back