John McCain's affair.

John McCain met "Candy", 18 years his junior, in 1979. He was divorced in February of 1980 and married to Candy in April 1980.
I have yet, other than in your posts, to see her listed as anything other than Cindy or Cynthia.

wtf...................!

John McCain met "Candy", 18 years his junior, in 1979. He was divorced in February of 1980 and married to Candy in April 1980.

What is your point counselor...John got lucky and married the second time around to a fox who has money...are you jealous?:rolleyes:

Yes...and No!

Does that make it okay in God's eyes?

Were they married in the church?...and Jesus does have a forgiving way about him...John did the right thing and sent her on her way...he is a happy camper now...I'm sure God would have smited him had he been wrong!

I see, so if they both knew a divorce was on the way that prevents if from being a sin. Okay.

I did not say that Jarod... I stated earlier I cannot speak for the religous. Especially given that the different religions may have different views. I know you are desperate to find issues against McCain and you want to drum up 38 year old stories to try to do so, but this is quite sad.

Answer my question... If John and his former wife both knew their marriage was over (even though legally the divorce was not final) then was he "cheating"?

Again, this is assuming that they did indeed both know it was over and assuming that they were working towards divorce.

An example... my sister and ex-brother in law went through a divorce process that lasted almost a year... but they both knew it was over and were dating other people during the proceedings. Were they "cheating" on each other?

He's trying to get the uber-religious to reject him. It's silly. None of them listen to him.

It is almost as funny as him comparing Cindy McCains pain killer addiction and theft to Hillary's baggage (which he acts as though is just her billing records).

Again, he has to go back almost twenty years to try and stir up an old story. Sad.

Indeed................!

He's trying to get the uber-religious to reject him. It's silly. None of them listen to him.

It seemed to have back-fired on him...he only accomplished rejecting his own arguements...he must have been asleep during the 'fruit of the Poisoness tree' evidence submission process...:cof1:

McCain had been back from Viet Nam a while in 1979 had he not?

Yes, he returned to the United States in 1973... So he stayed married another 5 years untill he met Candy, dispite having been cheated on.

Yes, he returned to the United States in 1973... So he stayed married another 5 years untill he met Candy, dispite having been cheated on.

Again, were they seperated and/or in the process of divorce proceedings at the time? Whether or not he tried to make his marriage work is irrelevant. What was the status of the marriage at the time he began seeing Cindy?

Why do you keep calling her Candy? Her name is Cindy. I have never heard McCain refer to her as Candy.... where are you getting that from? Moveon?

Show me one place where she is named "candy". This is BS. On every site she is either Cindy or Cynthia. And this isn't misspelling you have insisted that before 2002 she was regularly mentioned that way.

You still ignore that they remained estranged. When he met Cindy he then filed because he then wanted to marry.

Again, were they seperated and/or in the process of divorce proceedings at the time? Whether or not he tried to make his marriage work is irrelevant. What was the status of the marriage at the time he began seeing Cindy?

Why do you keep calling her Candy? Her name is Cindy. I have never heard McCain refer to her as Candy.... where are you getting that from? Moveon?

Dude this thread is so lame. Again he wants to call people on the religious right hypocrites for supporting McCain when McCain has sinned by getting divorced. It's that simple.

"McCain needed a divorce from Carol, his wife of 14 years from whom he was separated. After McCain's dramatic homecoming from Vietnam, the couple grew apart. Their marriage began disintegrating while McCain was stationed in Jacksonville. McCain has admitted to having extramarital affairs."

http://www.azcentral.com/news/specials/mccain/articles/0301mccainbio-chapter5.html

Candy was not his only extramarital affair...

Carol McCain's comment on why they got divordced...

"She did briefly address her divorce to Timberg: "The breakup of our marriage was not caused by my accident or Vietnam or any of those things. I don't know that it might not have happened if John had never been gone. I attribute it more to John turning 40 and wanting to be 25 again than I do to anything else.""

Back